[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Aldora_the_Summoner a écrit :
Just wanted to say thanks for the great guide, I'm really enjoying the game style here!

This is my first league playing SSF and this is obviously not the best build to follow for that given the amount of key items to make it work but I'm determined to eventually get there. So far it's workable in Yellow maps and I can feel the potential.

What I'm enjoying the most is that with the survivability I get time to work out if I should persist with something or bail. In other builds I've played it's usually BOOM you're dead but here you usually can see your regen not keeping up and can actually sense the danger you are in.

Here's my current gear, plenty of scope for improvement!

Oh wow, honestly of all the posts, I really did not expect to see this being used in SSF! One of the really great things about writing a guide is seeing the creative ways people take and build on it, so thank you again for posting!
"
Gruentod a écrit :
So, I'm basically done with the league. I did manage to get 24 challenges, which seemed a bit touch-and-go there, for a while.

I'll need to figure out how to post my character as a pastebin for PoB, but I can tell you I was using the basic gear setup, less the Aul's amulet. I was also swapping out Purity auras for shoring up my elemental resists. (Purity of Elements was a regular option; I know it was probably keeping my minions from blowing up as quickly, but I felt the extra resists were worth it.)

I died a lot, even by my standards. (There's a reason I don't play Hardcore very much.) 212 times by the time I got my 24th challenge.

Having said that, this character was also my most successful, by multiple measures.

• It's my highest level character to date, at 92 and 48%. (I've been at level 92 for a while now; see above. At one point I got as high as 59%, I want to say, but you know how that goes.)
  • This character went the deepest into the Atlas of my entire PoE existence... and I've been playing before there was an Atlas.
  • During this league, I picked up at least three new Achievements as well as 24 challenges.
  • I unlocked Sirus for the first time.
  • I had my first two Sirus battles. They might also be my last two Sirus battles, but that's a different subject entirely.
  • Heists were a cakewalk. A few tense moments in the Twins battle, but that's about it.

That's all I can think of this morning, almost 12 hours fresh off finishing my challenges. If I think of more, I may post them here. Suffice it to say, I've really enjoyed this build, and assuming I come back to PoE next league, I expect I'll be trying to do this one as a league starter.

Thanks again for this build. I don't think it's hyperbole to say it changed everything for me. :D
Well all I can say is I'm glad the build is working for you; I have put a lot of thought into this build over the past few leagues, and I truly do appreciate hearing that people are enjoying it :) .

Stay tuned for next league; I actually have swapped over to the warcry version of this build as my current preference as it can deal significantly more damage, but I am going to continue to maintain the baseline version with purity auras as it is a fun alternative for those not interested in the buff maintenance of warcries, or min/maxxing cluster jewels. Look for the updated warcry variant to be posted next weekend.
Apologies if anyone has asked this before, but what are your thoughts on a Necromancer version of this build?
Playing as a necro surely helps u to have higher dps, but you will lose perma Fortify buff (which is crucial for your survivability)

Ofc u can gain Fortify from an AG, but it would be hard to res cap him while still keeping a decent % of hp regen, considering the starting res is around 0.

U can definitely try Necro if you are good at evading boss mechanic, I prefer Champion because it allows me to facetank almost all bosses so I dont need to evade anything.
Dernière édition par bryanking, le 7 avr. 2021 10:52:44
the 3.13 League-end update is here! Videos posted, as well as the new EC version of this build, which is doing over double the damage of the previous version! Thanks to Bryanking for coming up with the idea of using EC; it's been a great improvement to the build.
This looks like a bunch of fun. I'm going to be planning to play this build for Ultimatum. Lets hope the patch notes will be favourable!
"
Sumidian a écrit :
This looks like a bunch of fun. I'm going to be planning to play this build for Ultimatum. Lets hope the patch notes will be favourable!
Fingers crossed! The good thing about being off-meta is we rarely get intentional nerfs. I suspect we will go in to 3.14 with very little changes, if any.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 11 avr. 2021 22:21:20
After hearing about the changes to low-life I instantly fel the urge to try exploding minions. Never thought about finding a build like this in duelist category. LOL
Actually thinking about trying it as a league starter. Do you think it is possible to play it on league start? How about complexity of this build? It seems there is a lot of buttons to mash and buffs to watch.
"
kubicka a écrit :
After hearing about the changes to low-life I instantly fel the urge to try exploding minions. Never thought about finding a build like this in duelist category. LOL
Actually thinking about trying it as a league starter. Do you think it is possible to play it on league start? How about complexity of this build? It seems there is a lot of buttons to mash and buffs to watch.
I have league-started this build the last 4 seasons, and I think it is perfectly viable. Maligaro's Lense is super cheap and plentiful, and if you can't afford the other required unique (which is still pretty cheap usually) Aukuna's Will, you can just use something like SRS instead of Zombies until you can afford to make the switch.

Feel free to even level as cyclone/cleave etc; as long as you don't depart too far off the beaten path in your tree vs the starter MI tree; I just level with Dominating Blow because you can make use of the same minion life/damage nodes as the MI build, but if you don't mind spending some extra regrets just level with whatever you want and swap over to MI when you are ready/have the required uniques.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 13 avr. 2021 02:01:18
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
kubicka a écrit :
I have league-started this build the last 4 seasons, and I think it is perfectly viable. Maligaro's Lense is super cheap and plentiful, and if you can't afford the other required unique (which is still pretty cheap usually) Aukuna's Will, you can just use something like SRS instead of Zombies until you can afford to make the switch.

Feel free to even level as cyclone/cleave etc; as long as you don't depart too far off the beaten path in your tree vs the starter MI tree; I just level with Dominating Blow because you can make use of the same minion life/damage nodes as the MI build, but if you don't mind spending some extra regrets just level with whatever you want and swap over to MI when you are ready/have the required uniques.

Great, thx for your answer! What's the reason to play Champion? Is it just because of Fortify?isn't it just better to have it on AG a spec necro for minions skill gems and corpse pact?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires