[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

So far so good, reached act 7/lvl 50, a bit slow at the beginning of leveling but once you get HoP and the dominating blow you rly feel the power growing up !
Just using these two skills and all smooth, can't wait to see more later.

"
Awà a écrit :
So far so good, reached act 7/lvl 50, a bit slow at the beginning of leveling but once you get HoP and the dominating blow you rly feel the power growing up !
Just using these two skills and all smooth, can't wait to see more later.

Yeah I agree, I just use cleave until we get dominating blow in the lvl 20's or so, and it works but it does feel slow. Things really pick up after you get dominating blow though; just killed Kitava and completed merciless lab at lvl 68 no issues.
Couple of questions on this. Im currently level 87 using it (cant use shield + Necromantic Aegis atm because its bugged and applying the shields "bonuses" to the player too which causes some complications with -50% resists) and only Aul with determination on market is ~5ex which I dont have.

Beyond that im fairly similar build wise, but Ive noticed, and it feels like Agony is doing 95% of the work.

The Sentinels of purity summoning seems... very random. At times I'll clear entire packs and not get any, and at other times I get them popped super fast. Do I, as the player, need to kill the mobs for sentinels to pop, or is it cool if the Agony crawler does it. They should last ~2 seconds+ atm, and even if Im refreshing them super fast I dont often see icon in corner of screen to indicate that they are active.

Even with those issues i'm clearing yellow maps fine (haven't had red ones drop yet). Char should be public if you felt like checking the tree to see if Im doing something super stupid.
"
Heartcarver a écrit :
Couple of questions on this. Im currently level 87 using it (cant use shield + Necromantic Aegis atm because its bugged and applying the shields "bonuses" to the player too which causes some complications with -50% resists) and only Aul with determination on market is ~5ex which I dont have.

Beyond that im fairly similar build wise, but Ive noticed, and it feels like Agony is doing 95% of the work.

The Sentinels of purity summoning seems... very random. At times I'll clear entire packs and not get any, and at other times I get them popped super fast. Do I, as the player, need to kill the mobs for sentinels to pop, or is it cool if the Agony crawler does it. They should last ~2 seconds+ atm, and even if Im refreshing them super fast I dont often see icon in corner of screen to indicate that they are active.

Even with those issues I'm clearing yellow maps fine (haven't had red ones drop yet). Char should be public if you felt like checking the tree to see if Im doing something super stupid.
Good question about HoP generation; I should probably add this into the Mechanics section. HoP minions can be triggered in 2 ways:

1. the player KILLS a monster which the HoP buff active
2. the player HITS a rare/unique/boss monstor with the HoP buff active (20% chance to spawn per hit)

As we do next to zero damage ourselves with cyclone, the vast majority of HoP minions will be generated when we hit rare or unique monsters. This is why HoA was added to the build: to smooth out mapping with a consistent damage source not dependent on hitting rares/uniques.

Boss damage, being a unique, is carried almost completely by MI-HoP detonations though, and quite a bit of min/maxing your playstyle with this build comes from dashing between packs hunting for rares, and then keeping your uptime on them as high as possible. For boss fights, that mostly just means spending as much time as possible hitting the boss for max HoP generation.

Necromatic Aegis being bugged is...a problem. Idk I just hit lvl 69 so I'm behind you but I'm going to see what I can do to cap res even with the -50 from shield, because the shield+keystone is the cornerstone of this build. Without the -50 to minion resistances, Infernal Legion doesn't tick hard enough to reliably detonate our minions before they get overwritten, not to mention loosing out on the bulk of our single target health regen. Maybe run dual bismuth flasks? Idk I'll play around with the PoB a bit to see how high I can get our resistances with some tree tweaks. Thanks for the heads up on this!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 23 sept. 2020 14:58:22
I've stuck on three Grand Spectrum jewels into sockets for the time being for +63% elemental resistances. Loses the benefit of having real jewels there but I'll do that until Aegis is fixed.

Still in the process of respeccing to this build to try it out, so YMMV.
Dernière édition par gibbed, le 23 sept. 2020 15:19:23
"
gibbed a écrit :
I've stuck on three Grand Spectrum jewels into sockets for the time being for +63% elemental resistances. Loses the benefit of having real jewels there but I'll do that until Aegis is fixed.

Still in the process of respeccing to this build to try it out, so YMMV.
Thanks for the idea! That sounds much better than not using the shield, I will consider that when I re-spec my tree if the keystone is not fixed :)
"
Heartcarver a écrit :

Even with those issues i'm clearing yellow maps fine (haven't had red ones drop yet). Char should be public if you felt like checking the tree to see if Im doing something super stupid.
Following up: take a look at gibbed's suggestion above: this will allow you to run the shield and keystone with relatively little impact. Best way I've seen so far until the bug is fixed, and definitely better than ignoring the keystone, which basically breaks 1/2 the build.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 23 sept. 2020 19:47:11
It looks like Aegis is slated for a fix in the next update (3.12.2) so it won't be too long:

"
Fixed a bug where shield modifiers were still applying to you while you had the Necromatic Aegis keystone passive allocated.
Poking through alternate quality options for gems. Some fine tuning possibilities?

Anomalous Infernal Legion Support: Minions from Supported Skills take (0–10)% of their Maximum Life as Fire Damage per second

Divergent Herald of Agony: Grants (0–20)% chance to Poison on Hit

Anomalous Increased Area of Attack Support: Supported Skills have (0–10)% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Divergent Increased Area of Attack Support: Supported Skills have (0–10)% increased Area of Effect

Divergent Determination: You and nearby Allies gain (0–10)% of Evasion Rating as Extra Armour

Divergent Flammability: Hits against Cursed Enemies have +(0–20)% chance to Ignite
Dernière édition par gibbed, le 24 sept. 2020 09:19:58
So i managet to get these pupies

what would you recomend to put in last gem slot ?
I think one of these should work

Let me know if you can think of something else

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires