[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
ZariiX a écrit :
Having issue with damage on this build, can barely do t3 maps, trying to unveil chaos over time but havent had luck yet. Just need some quick tips on what to increase/spec into to increase damage so i can farm quicker.

What's your current setup look like? I was able to use 2x Wasps Nest and a 5L Perfect Form for a good bit until I started to hit like... T8-T10 or so and was able to acrue enough resources to start buying pricier gear. You can get the majority of this build running and off the ground for like... 20c or so if youre a savvy shopper?
Hard to find a Militant Faith Timeless Jewel that doen't change my passiv
"
CairoOvercoat a écrit :
"
ZariiX a écrit :
Having issue with damage on this build, can barely do t3 maps, trying to unveil chaos over time but havent had luck yet. Just need some quick tips on what to increase/spec into to increase damage so i can farm quicker.

What's your current setup look like? I was able to use 2x Wasps Nest and a 5L Perfect Form for a good bit until I started to hit like... T8-T10 or so and was able to acrue enough resources to start buying pricier gear. You can get the majority of this build running and off the ground for like... 20c or so if youre a savvy shopper?

He is playing Solo Self Found though.
@ZariiX: You can try chancing Wasp Nest's. With them you can make it to red tier maps.
Essence of Envy lets you put chaos damage on your amulet.
Getting a cheap amulet annoint (Poisonous Fangs) and then spending those points elsewhere.

Generally speaking the melee version does a fair bit more damage and if you can outplay the big telegraphed boss hits, you don't die all the time.

"
CairoOvercoat a écrit :
"
gabriel_vulneraria a écrit :
[...]

Do you have a Path of Building? I'm curious how you went about it/which variant you did.
Just put his account name into PoB and load his ritual Pathfinder.
Dernière édition par blastinMot, le 8 févr. 2021 04:07:13
"
ZariiX a écrit :

I noticed that your on ssf so I'll try to keep these suggestions as ssf friendly as possible. Also, I might have missed some things.

1) Venom gyre and cobra lash are unfortunately quite weak without good weapons so I would recommend using pestilent strike/viper strike (viper strike is insane and good clear with melee splash) until you can get more damage.
2) Speaking of weapons, you could use an upgrade. I know it's hard to get good weapons in ssf, but I would roll your weapons and focus on getting added chaos damage mods on both your weapons (if i could only choose 1 mod to get). These will go a long way. Crafting best-in-slot weapons would be difficult, but you may be able to wasp nest from beastcrafting recipes. The ones that give random unique claws/ convert a unique into another unique(I believe for the unique conversion recipe, ilvl is maintained so keep that in mind) (not sure if there are other ways to target farm them). Still rng, but in ssf, you take those chances (esspecially since wasp nest are good enough to be your endgame weapons unless you want to spend all your time farming fossils to craft better ones). If you can only get 1 good weapon, it might be worth it to use a shield and swap around the dual-wield passives in the meantime.
3) A six-link is big, for now, I would use any 6-link you have or farm for tabula rasa in blood aqueducts (Humility Divination card). If you need to balance resists, you could move them to your neck since they dont have a lot atm.
4) [If you switch to pestilent strike/viper strike] Since you probably dont have the oil to anoint tribal fury (or waiting till you get a good amulet), it may be worth giving up points to get tribal fury on the tree. It hurts losing those points, but having to take ancestral call is a big dps loss. The range also lets you be safer.
4) Diamond flask doesnt do anything unless you have perfect agony allocated, which isnt worth taking so you can use another flask.
5) You can free up another flask spot by doing your last two labs which is big. You're a pathfinder so flasks are very important for your defenses.
6) If you're not already, hit molten shell as often as possible since you basically become twice as tanky with as long as it's up
Dernière édition par raie2, le 8 févr. 2021 06:14:30
"
Missyl a écrit :
Hard to find a Militant Faith Timeless Jewel that doen't change my passiv

But, but, but.. Your militant faith is in wrong place... You need slot it near point blank. You have there cluster jewel. Take him off and slot militant there
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
Dernière édition par BzyxXx, le 8 févr. 2021 04:13:26
Thx again Vennto and Torstein for your time on this build !
As you say and we talked about Torstein, yeah, when u're new to the new, you're kinda lost between all the different versions ! It's really getting clearer to me now but some parts are still confusing sometimes ^^
Just wanted to share my recent experience, and raise a couple of questions ^^
My atlas was already A8 as I league-started with a BB/BF chieftain. My objective was to rush lvl90 so I didnt progress on Sirus/Maven while leveling (didnt want to face Sirus A8 at lvl 75 ^^). Was dying a LOT until I switched to transcendence version at lvl 80 I guess, was getting constantly 1hit. IM soon 93 and die once... on Sirus. About Sirus, let's talk about it ! I was killing a8 conquerors before they can start doing anything nasty and it was time to face Sirus. Iread that Viper is better for single target, so I switched the gem right ? and man, not sure what's the HP difference between conquerors and Sirus but I felt like my dps was shit ! Loooot of ppl say they kill Sirus' last phase in less than 10 seconds, no way for me ! I know my stuff all-in-all is bad (except claws) and I miss like -9res helm, +1 gems-lvl, watchers eye, etc.. but still ! I could dps him for 10 full seconds, and after the poison ended he was like 70%hps, not dead at all ! I guess next try, I'll try with Pestilent strike because it was weird... ! That leads to the questions :
1) does the Viper jewel is good ? I only put the gem in and I wasn't sure about the agony jewel so I didnt us it (running %life + 3 damage mods)

2) about my claw here :

the ultimate version is to use Harvest "remove life" right ? Im bad at crafting but it'll remove "Life gain on hit" in theory ? Then Im thinking about adding "Poison deal damage faster" with awakener's orb ?
2-b) or the other claw, Im screw and have to stick with the int right ?

3) about "poison deal damage faster", does it reduce the duration then ?
3-b) that mod is good it seems, but nobody uses "Divergent Vile Toxins Support Poisons from Supported Skills deal Damage (0–5)% faster" ?! Why ?

4) It's a bit about what I was saying 1st (overall guide comprehension) and it's now even harder because with cluster it seems like we're reaching a point where we can't simply "switch Viper gem in" for bosses because we'd have to switch clusters too ?

(nb : about ppl complaining about dying, when you got just transcendance + Loreweave + flasks up, it's really really hard to die, Im just 93 with 10-50c stuff in every slot - Except Loreweave/Claws - and I can facetank about anything beyond++/deli/whatever...)

thx again u all for ur help !
"
1) does the Viper jewel is good ? I only put the gem in and I wasn't sure about the agony jewel so I didnt us it (running %life + 3 damage mods)

Thorstein considers it a good option, I personally don´t use it. If you´re lacking damage it may help, but I prefer 3 or 4 damage mods on a rare one simply because when I ramp up dmg on bosses that long that this jewel finally having good returns the boss phases anyway due to the dmg he received. If you feel your single target dps is not there yet, you can certainly use it.

"
the ultimate version is to use Harvest "remove life" right ? Im bad at crafting but it'll remove "Life gain on hit" in theory ? Then Im thinking about adding "Poison deal damage faster" with awakener's orb ?

You are missing a basic understanding of how crafting with awakener orb works: You cannot simply add faster poisons now, it would reroll your whole weapon and I would certainly not advise to do that, since your claws are pretty good. As mentioned several times before, perfectly viable endgame claws have:
- flat chaos dmg (malicious)
- 60/100 elder mod
- attackspeed
- open prefix

Both your claws fulfill that with a pretty much perfect attackspeed roll, so there is no need to work on your claws anymore. Any upgrade has huge diminishing returns and way higher investment cost so I would advise to focus on other parts of the gear. Just to prove my point further: This is my 2nd claw right now that I am using:
And that thing has not the best AS-Roll. For now I have other projects, hence I didn´t bother to upgrade it.

"
3) about "poison deal damage faster", does it reduce the duration then?

yes

"
3-b) that mod is good it seems, but nobody uses "Divergent Vile Toxins Support Poisons from Supported Skills deal Damage (0–5)% faster" ?! Why?

I don´t use it because the base version gives more damage for my current setup.

"
4) It's a bit about what I was saying 1st (overall guide comprehension) and it's now even harder because with cluster it seems like we're reaching a point where we can't simply "switch Viper gem in" for bosses because we'd have to switch clusters too ?

The problem right now is that we (Thorstein, Yalpe, Blastimmot and me) are theorycrafting that build in its 0.1% range, having discussions about the 6 best T1-Stats on any gear-slot and hours of browsing how to optimize the passive tree (where Torstein still has the best ideas xD) And naturally, people try to copy it as close as possible.
But the mass-confusion is really for nothing: If really doesn´t matter if you use cluster jewels or not. I was killing Sirus in 6 Seconds before using them, I was killing Maven deathless nearly 2 weeks ago I think... all this optimizing is just to push that char bit further. Of course if you decide to go cluster jewels you don´t swap them, that would be completely loss of QOL. You can play without them, then pestilent feels superior in terms of clear and maybe it still does in 100% deli maps, I don´t know. The exlo-cluster is just a good option to get more clear on viper strike and more overall dps for the cost of some life. It´s nothing magical that makes this build 10 times stronger.
Dernière édition par Vennto, le 8 févr. 2021 04:44:56
"
Vennto a écrit :
"

The problem right now is that we (Thorstein, Yalpe, Blastimmot and me) are theorycrafting that build in its 0.1% range, having discussions about the 6 best T1-Stats on any gear-slot and hours of browsing how to optimize the passive tree (where Torstein still has the best ideas xD) And naturally, people try to copy it as close as possible.
But the mass-confusion is really for nothing: If really doesn´t matter if you use cluster jewels or not. I was killing Sirus in 6 Seconds before using them, I was killing Maven deathless nearly 2 weeks ago I think... all this optimizing is just to push that char bit further. Of course if you decide to go cluster jewels you don´t swap them, that would be completely loss of QOL. You can play without them, then pestilent feels superior in terms of clear and maybe it still does in 100% deli maps, I don´t know. The exlo-cluster is just a good option to get more clear on viper strike and more overall dps for the cost of some life. It´s nothing magical that makes this build 10 times stronger.

Thx a lot your answers once again Vennto... I know it's over-optimisation but about that point specifically, it was my most important question because Im missing why my Sirus dps was so low. I couldn't do more than full facetaking him with all flasks up for 10s, and he was no way close to die ! 2 ppl in previous page (Veneratio and gabriel_vulneraria) say they kill Sirus in 5seconds and I dont see any huge important gear difference : they dont have Watcher eyes and I think we're close on the rest - some slot they are better, and some I think I am. I wouldnt mind about a 10% difference and if they kill Sirus in 5 secs, and I put him at 70% after 10 full seconds, it's more like a 300% difference :s
"
Thanarchy a écrit :
2) about my claw here :

Yes, you can use remove life on the first claw and it will remove the life gain on hit.
You then have some options to fill the last suffix.
The safest one would be to put Aspect of the Crab on there.
Other options are exalting it and hoping for damage over time multiplier. Which has a very low chance.

The second claw you can't remove the int safely.

For bosses Viper Strike will do more damage, regardless of the version you are playing (cluster/non-cluster/non-transcendence etc.).

Not sure why you couldn't kill Sirus properly.
Did you use Withering Step?
"
I know it's over-optimisation but about that point specifically, it was my most important question because Im missing why my Sirus dps was so low. I couldn't do more than full facetaking him with all flasks up for 10s, and he was no way close to die ! 2 ppl in previous page (Veneratio and gabriel_vulneraria) say they kill Sirus in 5seconds and I dont see any huge important gear difference : they dont have Watcher eyes and I think we're close on the rest - some slot they are better, and some I think I am. I wouldnt mind about a 10% difference and if they kill Sirus in 5 secs, and I put him at 70% after 10 full seconds, it's more like a 300% difference :s

Well I didn´t check their gear, but just having a 5-second look at yours there is quite some more dps to get out of it:

- -9% chaos res helmet
- belt enchant
- chaos dmg on belt
- chaos dot multi t1 on amulet
- chaos dot multi on gloves

And those things go a long way - the -9% chaos res on helmet functions as a more multiplier, as well as the dot multis. So you are missing out on quite a lot damage without those mods.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires