[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

This is my second attempt at the Maven. I actually killed her the first time too but I had no idea what was going on and got hit by easily avoidable one-shot abilities. This is the first super-boss that I kill on my first attempt. When I first tried Atziri (don't laugh, she was a badass 6 years ago), Shaper, Uber Elder, Sirus 8, even the Mastermind, I died. Mostly because I didn't know the fight mechanics. They seem easy now but that wasn't the case when they were first introduced.

The Maven on the other hand seems relateviley easier. GGG described it as super-end game but it's MUCH easier than Uber Elder was when it first appeared. Of course the build helps immensely here. I get hit by tons of stuff but nothing can kill me except the one-shots. The projectiles are blockable so you don't need to worry much about them. Avoid what you can but focus mostly on attack. The bosses during the "brain phase" are just irrelevant. You won't even know they're there. Just mind the gravity wells and never touch the beam.

The only annoyingly stupid part is the memory game in the third stage. Synchronizing with the beam gap while trying to watch and then recreate the pattern will take some getting used to. Other than that, just avoid the one-shots, don't stand close to the center during the memory game (I learned that the hard way) and JUST DPS her. End the fight as quickly as possible, especially the third stage. Keep you flasks full and your totem charged and just apply max DPS ignoring everything but the beam.

https://youtu.be/XPgGAQiaH6M
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Hey. Thank you for the build. This was the easiest league for me so far (haven't played a lot of leagues though). The build is doing well. Usually i'm not very lucky, but I managed to obtain Bottled Faith and +2 Impale Watcher's Eye for free. Just finised killing Shaper, Elder and Uber Elder. Blighted maps, Simulacrum, Cortex, Maven 10-boss fights, the Twisted, the Formed, the Forgotten, the Hidden. No problems at all.

Got 3 attempts of killing Maven herself, but not sucsessfull. None of her attacks can even dammage me. It seems I have enough dammage and no problems with memory game. Even dodging no-regen lasers. The only problem for me here is that there is no any sign or voiceline when the Brain casts those three balls so all the floor becomes filled with those voidzones on the last stage. I think I've learned all the mechanics by now and the next attempt will be sucsessfull.

Also I can't understand why I get onshoted by some atack on 3-boss fight in the Alluring Abyss before even meeting Uber Atziri.

Big thanks again, and good luck.

Hey man ur pob link, both one are crashed in my pob... i get a msg of error,,, and now i dont know ur passive tree to make it =/ damn
"
isoasaleym a écrit :
Hey. Thank you for the build. This was the easiest league for me so far (haven't played a lot of leagues though). The build is doing well. Usually i'm not very lucky, but I managed to obtain Bottled Faith and +2 Impale Watcher's Eye for free. Just finised killing Shaper, Elder and Uber Elder. Blighted maps, Simulacrum, Cortex, Maven 10-boss fights, the Twisted, the Formed, the Forgotten, the Hidden. No problems at all.

Got 3 attempts of killing Maven herself, but not sucsessfull. None of her attacks can even dammage me. It seems I have enough dammage and no problems with memory game. Even dodging no-regen lasers. The only problem for me here is that there is no any sign or voiceline when the Brain casts those three balls so all the floor becomes filled with those voidzones on the last stage. I think I've learned all the mechanics by now and the next attempt will be sucsessfull.

Also I can't understand why I get onshoted by some atack on 3-boss fight in the Alluring Abyss before even meeting Uber Atziri.

Big thanks again, and good luck.

Nice to hear the build is working well for you. Regarding the Maven fight, the brain casts 3 big balls that then turn into the small void balls. That's the easy way of identifying them. When you touch them stand still so that all 3 are placed on top of each other. If you move they'll turn into an entire streak and things will be much more difficult.
The most dangerous thing in the trio fight is the bleed that the cycloner applies. It can't be blocked and in Abyss it's extra potent and kills you immediately. I suggest getting bleed immunity (flask, jewel corruption etc) and/or some chaos res e.g. on a flask.

"
salchabig a écrit :
Hey man ur pob link, both one are crashed in my pob... i get a msg of error,,, and now i dont know ur passive tree to make it =/ damn

I specifically mention the version you need to use. I even give the link to download it.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Dernière édition par Aias_o_Telamonios, le 11 févr. 2021 08:38:39
A solution for people still struggling to get good block swords-

You can equip the unique jewel "The Red Nightmare" in the slot near Barbarism. You would also want to allocate Diamond Skin as suggested by the guide to get a full 10% extra block chance! It's only three extra points, and you would still be able to complete the full skill tree in POB by level 100 (if you're planning to). It's not ideal, but I've found this to be a decent solution since we get 20% resists from those nodes, you can free up resistances on one of the rings and add some damage on it (which could slightly make up for the lost dps from better jewels). But more importantly, this allows you to get a high dps sword without block which should be cheaper as well.

Granted, we could be using a Thread of Hope with the 3 points for a huge damage boost. But honestly, I've yet to come across a boss with whom I felt my damage was low. Don't believe the POB, between the 4 multiple bladestorms, and the clones and their bladestorms, the boss damage is ridiculously high for a melee build this tanky.

Edit: Just craft block on armor instead of the life/mana% like Aias_o_Telamonios suggests.
Dernière édition par Hawkeye967, le 13 févr. 2021 10:17:06
I know that I'm the one who wrote the Red Nightmare/Diamond Skin suggestion but I still don't think it's ideal.

You gain: 7% block chance, 20% resists, endurance charges
You lose: a jewel socket and 3 points

If you just crafted your armour with block:
You gain: 7% block
You lose: 7% life

The jewel socket alone would give you back that 7% life that you lose. And then you'd have the 3 points to get anything you need. Essentially it is:

20% resists + endurance charges VS 3 points + 1 jewel

Seems like a pretty clear choice.

That...makes a lot of sense. Completely forgot that I could get back the life from a jewel. Well thanks, guess I'm making some changes lol.
First of all, thank you for this build, absolutely love it, by the way this is my first league, so this guide is pretty clear for beginners like me. Now some questions:
1. Is it a good idea to replace antibleed on flask with anticurse if you have good corrupted blood jewel? Some maps, e.g. reflect+vulnerability, cannot be done without anticurse I think. Now I have anticurse on my sulphur, but I want to replace it with Bottled faith soon.

1. I have foil with 3% block(so total is 63 in hideout and 71 in fight), pretty high crit(7.5) and dps(540), do I need to spend a bunch of exalts to roll 8-9% on it via harvest or such block chance is enough? It seems that the only thing that I should worry about is boss fights because I get 79% on maps almost instantly. I mean, maybe high dps will compensate low block on boss fights? I also have an option with the anvil, but I don`t like it, because I`ll lose tenacity and 70+ critical chance.
Dernière édition par jack_daniels1337, le 13 févr. 2021 22:35:04
Corrupted blood is only one bleed source. It's the most annoying and dangerous one because it's the only bleed that stacks. However other bleeds can kill you too so I suggest keeping the antibleed flask. You'll definitely need it much less but you'll still need it.

I don't see a point in doing reflect+vulnerability. If you happen to corrupt a map and get that you can always corrupt another. You should only do reflect if you absolutely have to.

Having anti-curse is good but not essential. You can probably still squeeze it in though but I don't know your flask setup.

Regarding block, I consider 63 to be too low. You should aim for 70 or close to that. However if you're happy with what you have then go ahead. Your block fluctuates in battle and it's safer to have as much permanent block as (reasonably) possible. Especially in bosses that have multiple phases. You can always sacrifice some life and craft it on your armor (probably... I can't see your gear).

Also how are you going to roll block with harvest? I'm not a harvest expert (I skipped that league) but I don't think it's possible.

My flask setup is

I really want to keep anticurse flask, maybe I can put that mod on silver since with Bottled faith my crit chance will be better?
This is my armour

Regarding the harvest you can remove/add influence on influenced items, so if you already have some influence affix like 3% block you can reroll it to 8-9. But you are right, it will be much more cheaper to add 7% block to armour instead of 8% life and with 3% on sword it will be 70%, thank you.

Edit:

Replaced ring and crafted 7% on armour, so no %hp loss and 70% block now,
thanks for this advice.
Dernière édition par jack_daniels1337, le 14 févr. 2021 00:20:41

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires