[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

"
Aias_o_Telamonios a écrit :
"
Martingale7 a écrit :
Does anyone here have experience using this build as a dedicated boss killer? I've got a lvl 95 charaacter that I'm looking to respect into this as soon as I figure out the optimal gear for this purpose.

What do you mean anyone? Everyone has experience with this build as a boss killer because that's its main purpose and its great at it.

"
Tonkan92 a écrit :
Hello everyone!
Loving the build so far, never had a char being this tanky before :D

Just a little question that confuses me, when I'm checking my pob and compare my Scaeva to 400+ pdps weapons the upgrade seems so small that I don't get why it would be worth paying exalted orbs for it atm. I suspect I'm overlooking something that I'm missing something to make those higher pdps weapons more effective than DW Scaevas :p
I'm not really used to playing melee and getting this far. ^^

Very thankful for any help :)

Scaeva in main hand doesn't give you block so there's no point in dual wielding them. It does give you crit though so that makes it equal to a higher PDps sword.
It's a dirt cheap sword and good at what it offers but you can very cheaply get an upgrade. Not sure if you're doing something wrong but this is an attack build and it's important to have high PDps weapons.

"
hyukin a écrit :

I always end up switching back to bladestorm, oddly enough I feel bladestorm has better clear speed and definitely better at bossing. Also, lacerate sucks.

Yeah Lacerate sucks. I have an old Lacerate slayer that I'm looking into respecing. I fixed it last league but it still sucks. Cyclone gives a better flow for clearing. Not entirely sure if its faster though without the Slayer buffs. Overall Bladestorm is the best skill of the three.

So it's the loss of the crit that makes it look like the dps boost isn't that great? I copied your mainhand from PoB and it only gave me like few thousand increased dps with the rest of my gear, I thought the weapon was the most important piece?
"
Tonkan92 a écrit :

So it's the loss of the crit that makes it look like the dps boost isn't that great? I copied your mainhand from PoB and it only gave me like few thousand increased dps with the rest of my gear, I thought the weapon was the most important piece?

Well it depends on the sockets but 3G is 60% crit so it's a lot. But you don't need 2 block swords any more and you can get some crit on any sword. Especially in that mirror tier crafting league.
All pieces are important and they can all give you damage. My Maligaro's give me a lot more damage than the difference between my swords and a Scaeva. Of course that's because I haven't invested in crit multi but you get the point.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Dernière édition par Aias_o_Telamonios, le 19 juil. 2020 10:41:23
Is Crown of the Inward Eye with +1 to maximum number of Bladestorms a good addition to the build? I don't know how to look at pob correclty..
First of all you REALLY need to learn how to use PoB. It's invaluable in this game.

The crown is a good choice because it offers life (although flat life is probably better because we already get a ton of increased) and transfiguration of body (which is helped by that % life). This allows you to anoint something other than Tenacity (probably Command of steel) and you end up with more damage. Mind and Soul are useless.

The downside is you get no other stats. I need intel and a res so I'd have to get those somewhere else which means removing some other useful stat. It's always a tredeoff. You get more damage from it but you lose some from some other piece of gear.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Thank you! You are awesome ! Almost quit league before finding this build. Great work and thanks for answering my question
"
Aias_o_Telamonios a écrit :
"
Martingale7 a écrit :
Does anyone here have experience using this build as a dedicated boss killer? I've got a lvl 95 charaacter that I'm looking to respect into this as soon as I figure out the optimal gear for this purpose.

What do you mean anyone? Everyone has experience with this build as a boss killer because that's its main purpose and its great at it.

"
Tonkan92 a écrit :
Hello everyone!
Loving the build so far, never had a char being this tanky before :D

Just a little question that confuses me, when I'm checking my pob and compare my Scaeva to 400+ pdps weapons the upgrade seems so small that I don't get why it would be worth paying exalted orbs for it atm. I suspect I'm overlooking something that I'm missing something to make those higher pdps weapons more effective than DW Scaevas :p
I'm not really used to playing melee and getting this far. ^^

Very thankful for any help :)

Scaeva in main hand doesn't give you block so there's no point in dual wielding them. It does give you crit though so that makes it equal to a higher PDps sword.
It's a dirt cheap sword and good at what it offers but you can very cheaply get an upgrade. Not sure if you're doing something wrong but this is an attack build and it's important to have high PDps weapons.

"
hyukin a écrit :

I always end up switching back to bladestorm, oddly enough I feel bladestorm has better clear speed and definitely better at bossing. Also, lacerate sucks.

Yeah Lacerate sucks. I have an old Lacerate slayer that I'm looking into respecing. I fixed it last league but it still sucks. Cyclone gives a better flow for clearing. Not entirely sure if its faster though without the Slayer buffs. Overall Bladestorm is the best skill of the three.

I assumed that the build was designed for a mix of mapping and bossing, as most others are.

I don't intend on doing any mapping at all with this build. My plan is to respec a level 95 character into it, for the sole purpose of killing end game bosses.

That said, I was going to ask if anyone could recommend specific setups for certain bosses. I've been out of the loop for a while, but last time I played people would use different setups tailored for specific bosses (Kaom's roots + purity of ice for uber elder for example).
I finally managed to craft a good block sword Rarity:
. I bought a lvl 86 base then perfect fossils for 30%. After that, i used reforge with physical craft like crazy (at least 60-70) until I got 2 t1 physical. I then used a remove non-physical and add physical to get the hybrid (only t5 sadly). I then redeemer ex slam it and got the bock on the second try!
"
alexartak a écrit :
I finally managed to craft a good block sword Rarity:
. I bought a lvl 86 base then perfect fossils for 30%. After that, i used reforge with physical craft like crazy (at least 60-70) until I got 2 t1 physical. I then used a remove non-physical and add physical to get the hybrid (only t5 sadly). I then redeemer ex slam it and got the bock on the second try!

Seriously, the only crafting option missing from that league is "Turn everything into T1". I'm pretty sure GGG will nerf the hell out of Harvest before adding it to the core game.

"
Martingale7 a écrit :

I assumed that the build was designed for a mix of mapping and bossing, as most others are.

I don't intend on doing any mapping at all with this build. My plan is to respec a level 95 character into it, for the sole purpose of killing end game bosses.

That said, I was going to ask if anyone could recommend specific setups for certain bosses. I've been out of the loop for a while, but last time I played people would use different setups tailored for specific bosses (Kaom's roots + purity of ice for uber elder for example).

Of course its good at mapping too. Just look at the video. But it excels at boss killing.
There are only 2 bosses in the game worth mentioning. Uber Elder, for whom Kaom's are a good option but you really need to select all your gear around them so I don't use them. Still deathless runs are easy. And Sirus where you really need an antibleed jewel and maybe some chaos res (I have -60 and it gets me killed sometimes but not a huge issue). Everything else is pretty much trivial.

"
Ricciardii a écrit :
Thank you! You are awesome ! Almost quit league before finding this build. Great work and thanks for answering my question

Thanks dude, enjoy the build.

Dernière édition par Aias_o_Telamonios, le 20 juil. 2020 13:44:22
Hello again, I just defeated Uber Elder for the first time ever (and deathless first go too) using this build. Thanks for the cool build, it definitely made this league a lot of fun and i'd highly recommend others to try it.
Helo Telamonios, im 96 now on this build, and all boss die Ez as f, the only one that is dangereous is uber atziri.. but i think she is hard for everyone..

btw, what corrupt do u think is better on maligaros, enfeble on hit, max life, attack speed or chance to crit? i want to buy one, but i dont now.. enfeble on hit seens cool

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires