[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

"
Aias_o_Telamonios a écrit :
Everything is explained in the guide. Check the block section and the FAQ. Also you can see where your block is coming from in PoB.

kk tyvm !

I just recently came back to poe and dont know if there is any changes regarding accuracy.. where does the accuracy needed for the build come from?
Does chests like : mana cost, critical and additional curse works?
i could run vulnerability on the ring, would it be good?
"
Steenix123 a écrit :
I just recently came back to poe and dont know if there is any changes regarding accuracy.. where does the accuracy needed for the build come from?

Rings, weapons etc and tree. At some point a lot was added to the tree, don't know if you've seen that. You can see where is comes from in PoB or look at my gear. Make sure you have 100% or very close.

"
matrixcps a écrit :
Does chests like : mana cost, critical and additional curse works?
i could run vulnerability on the ring, would it be good?

Yes all those things work. Don't expect huge gains from vulnerability though on bosses. You can easily check in PoB.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
So I first saw this build looking for a league starter for harvest, I was curious where the sword-and-board max block gladiators are at these days compared to dual-wielding. (My previous max block gladiator was during uh... perandus league?)

Using the same tree-backbone and principles outlined here, and after a few too many exalts, I feel my character is at a stable point, full credit to Aias_o_Telamonios for giving me the base idea.

Just outlining the specs in case any of you block-enthusiasts are wondering

PoB stats

Few key notes I felt (regardless of dual wielding or shielding):

The thread of hope (large ring) allocating alot of the offensive passives down at the duelist area is top-notch as suggested here.

Jewelled foils will have alot of crit-multi which you can then replace your maligaros with.

I was skeptical of corpse explosion chest due to not stacking much of global physical/area damage, but it still helps a ton in general trash clearing.

You should support your secondary skills with impale (reckoning/riposte/ancestral totems) which you will reap with your hits from bladestorm -- free damage is free.

Once you get two -mana cost amulet/rings, all of your skills will be 0 cost, drop blood magic and I opted to curse on hit and culling strike with leap slam (can also link endurance charge on melee stun as leap slam always stuns on first hit). The reasons for cursing and culling with leap slam was the alternatives were too expensive (curse on hit ring/corrupt-gloves and culling strike on warlord gloves).

As with any block-based builds, degen damage is our greatest threat. Building chaos res is a bit easier this league due to seed-crafting, so you can min-max there.

Dernière édition par hyukin, le 13 juil. 2020 18:04:31
"
hyukin a écrit :
So I first saw this build looking for a league starter for harvest, I was curious where the sword-and-board max block gladiators are at these days compared to dual-wielding. (My previous max block gladiator was during uh... perandus league?)

Using the same tree-backbone and principles outlined here, and after a few too many exalts, I feel my character is at a stable point, full credit to Aias_o_Telamonios for giving me the base idea.

Just outlining the specs in case any of you block-enthusiasts are wondering

PoB stats

Few key notes I felt (regardless of dual wielding or shielding):

The thread of hope (large ring) allocating alot of the offensive passives down at the duelist area is top-notch as suggested here.

Jewelled foils will have alot of crit-multi which you can then replace your maligaros with.

I was skeptical of corpse explosion chest due to not stacking much of global physical/area damage, but it still helps a ton in general trash clearing.

You should support your secondary skills with impale (reckoning/riposte/ancestral totems) which you will reap with your hits from bladestorm -- free damage is free.

Once you get two -mana cost amulet/rings, all of your skills will be 0 cost, drop blood magic and I opted to curse on hit and culling strike with leap slam (can also link endurance charge on melee stun as leap slam always stuns on first hit). The reasons for cursing and culling with leap slam was the alternatives were too expensive (curse on hit ring/corrupt-gloves and culling strike on warlord gloves).

As with any block-based builds, degen damage is our greatest threat. Building chaos res is a bit easier this league due to seed-crafting, so you can min-max there.

Does adding impale support to multiple skills stack different impale instances on a boss? I'm adding them to my other skills on pob and nothing changes.
[/quote]

Does adding impale support to multiple skills stack different impale instances on a boss? I'm adding them to my other skills on pob and nothing changes.[/quote]

PoB won't display impale sources from secondary skills (or skills you haven't selected to show its dps).

So my reckoning does a hefty damage per hit (linked to brutality and pulverize). A monster will have reckoning impales, which you can "reap' with your bladestorm hits.

Same for totems (I got both ancetral protector and vaal ancestral warchief for bossing) -- they will apply impales which you can reap with your bladestorm hits.

Let's say on our builds we have +100% increased impale affect, so each of bladeestorm hit will "proc" 20% of physical damage that reckoning/totems inflicted on the enemy. Aka a little bonus --- around 50-70k damage per hit from bonus roughly as long as the secondary sources keep hitting and putting stacks of impale.

---

Edit: I may have over-estimated bonus damage from secondary impale sources. Anyways gotta still times that by 7 assuming totems continously hit and at any given moment up to 7 impales from a skill can be stored on an enemy (+2 watchers eye). So it is a nice bonus after all.
Dernière édition par hyukin, le 13 juil. 2020 19:37:33
"
hyukin a écrit :

PoB won't display impale sources from secondary skills (or skills you haven't selected to show its dps).

So my reckoning does a hefty damage per hit (linked to brutality and pulverize). A monster will have reckoning impales, which you can "reap' with your bladestorm hits.

Same for totems (I got both ancetral protector and vaal ancestral warchief for bossing) -- they will apply impales which you can reap with your bladestorm hits.

Let's say on our builds we have +100% increased impale affect, so each of bladeestorm hit will "proc" 20% of physical damage that reckoning/totems inflicted on the enemy. Aka a little bonus --- around 50-70k damage per hit bonus roughly as long as the secondary sources keep hitting and putting stacks of impale.

Oh okay. I'm currently doing dual wield with saviour and i'm at 4.5m dps, I'm playing around on PoB right now with your shield build and tree to see what would happen if i swapped my saviour for surrender instead.
Dernière édition par kikoimachine, le 13 juil. 2020 19:35:09
"
kikoimachine a écrit :
"
hyukin a écrit :

Let's say on our builds we have +100% increased impale affect, so each of bladeestorm hit will "proc" 20% of physical damage that reckoning/totems inflicted on the enemy. Aka a little bonus --- around 50-70k damage per hit bonus roughly as long as the secondary sources keep hitting and putting stacks of impale.

Oh okay. I'm currently doing dual wield with saviour and i'm at 4.5m dps, I'm playing around on PoB right now with your shield build and tree to see what would happen if i swapped my saviour for surrender instead.

I have a feeling a 600 pdps jewelled foil is better than a 240 pdps savior. On paper might seem close, but attack speed is so much faster on a foil, and crit chance + crit multi which allows you to lose your maligaro for better gloves.
https://pastebin.com/qRmwYgSm

Here's my PoB currently with my current state of gear. A bit bloated with frenzy + power charges + tailwind etc but burst dps of 5 mil is possible with bladestorm.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires