[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

"
Iztooi a écrit :

Any advice on what can I do to avoid dieing? Also some gear progression at this time?

That's the thing about this build, at least for me. You will die a lot on juiced maps no matter how defensive you try to be.

I am level 100 with very good gear, 6800hp, max elemental resists, flasks up almost always and I die all the time on yellow maps.

Getting to 100 was very difficult, from 98 to 100 I was only running blue maps with safe mods.

Now I can die all I want but I still avoid maps with:
- no leeching
- no life/mana regen
- temporal chains (in 3.10 was fine while attacking, but not 3.11)

If a map has a % extra phisical damage as fire/cold/lightning and something that lowers your resits it's also very dangerous.

If you're not spinning - picking items, leveling gems, changing weapons - you can die in a fraction of a second.

There is no question this is an amazing build, very fun to play, great damage, can attack and move at the same time...BUT it's very fragile, especially after the 3.11 nerf
Following this guide as well, as stated in the previous posts by others, I struggle a lot with survivability as well.

My current gear:

There's still a lot of improvement possible, but my main concerns are the PoB numbers. In terms of difference; My build - Cheap build:
Avg Damage: 33.3k vs 513k
Effective crit: 35% vs 88%
Crit Multi: 320% vs 390%

Still lacking Assassin's mark on hit and the crit on chest. But is that the biggest win I can get? My PoB:
https://pastebin.com/MzbiY5dy

What should i go for first?
- Q% on gems?
- Specific items? (foil first?)
- Tree changes?
- Should I reroll to champion? If so, what ascendancy points should i take?

It's a fun build to play, but being stuck in t14 maps is not very fun.

Thanks for the help!

\o/
Dernière édition par Phyloni, le 6 juil. 2020 02:33:15
Guys, the best chest is -mana cost+explode? or -mana cost+%crit?
Spoiler
"
Phyloni a écrit :
Following this guide as well, as stated in the previous posts by others, I struggle a lot with survivability as well.

My current gear:

There's still a lot of improvement possible, but my main concerns are the PoB numbers. In terms of difference; My build - Cheap build:
Avg Damage: 33.3k vs 513k
Effective crit: 35% vs 88%
Crit Multi: 320% vs 390%

Still lacking Assassin's mark on hit and the crit on chest. But is that the biggest win I can get? My PoB:
https://pastebin.com/MzbiY5dy

What should i go for first?
- Q% on gems?
- Specific items? (foil first?)
- Tree changes?
- Should I reroll to champion? If so, what ascendancy points should i take?

It's a fun build to play, but being stuck in t14 maps is not very fun.

Thanks for the help!

Hmm not an expert but i can give you my 2 cents with regards to your current set up.

Firstly, i can see that you're using a mana flask, i think you can switch out for now that praxis you have with on that has -8 mana not -6 so cyclone will be 0 to channel. would recommend getting maybe a silver flask, but if you feel like you want more survivability maybe a basalt flask?

secondly, your skills can use a bit of a switch around on items, try to get the full links in the guide like vaal ancestral warchief, the vaal skill really makes a difference in single dps for bosses and such. make sure to 4 link it with impale. Also i see many skills are at lvl 20, would recommend you always level on the off hand as well so that you can do the gem prism vendor recipe to get them to level 1 and quality 20. its a waste not to be leveling something on the off hand so you don't feel a massive dmg spike lowered when you get your quality gems.

Third, like dex told me at the start, would recommend getting starkonja's, the reduced damage really helped me survive more at higher maps.

Fourth, not sure about your weapon if it really helps or not, i'm sure you can find a foil not to expensive as a placeholder for now or even a scaeva, but again i'm not using pob numbers so i dunno if that weapon is better, this is my weapon now on off hand with saviour, its really shit but i was clearing t16 no problem and sirus a8 with very low tier gear before i started slowly getting better loot with harvest mechanics

Fifth, stated before as well, look at you map mods. there are some that you really should avoid if possible to keep yourself safe, as a general rule i usually do not run cannot leech and cannot regen maps, only recently am i a bit ok with doing cannot regen, but still i never do cannot leech. Another would be stay away from some damage modifiers if you really feel you aren't ready. thats what i did for a good while.

Hope my input helps you!

"
vanyakonoiko262 a écrit :

For this if i'm not mistaken its really just a min max thing? I went with explode for map clear quality of life, but i think crit would help more for single target dps? someone correct me if i'm wrong :)
"
adrenalburr a écrit :

Hmm not an expert but i can give you my 2 cents with regards to your current set up.
Firstly, i can see that you're using a mana flask, i think you can switch out for now that praxis you have with on that has -8 mana not -6 so cyclone will be 0 to channel. would recommend getting maybe a silver flask, but if you feel like you want more survivability maybe a basalt flask?

I am not having mana issues at the moment, and its only there for the remove bleeding mod. You got a very valid point there; Will swap this immediately tonight. Survivability is a thing so, basalt flask it is.
"

secondly, your skills can use a bit of a switch around on items, try to get the full links in the guide like vaal ancestral warchief, the vaal skill really makes a difference in single dps for bosses and such. make sure to 4 link it with impale. Also i see many skills are at lvl 20, would recommend you always level on the off hand as well so that you can do the gem prism vendor recipe to get them to level 1 and quality 20. its a waste not to be leveling something on the off hand so you don't feel a massive dmg spike lowered when you get your quality gems.

Good point as well and i totally forgot about the vaal ancestral warchief. I did not level gems in my offhand yet because I didnt know if i wanted to continue with this build. But it seems fun enough so i might as well level some gems there. There's an empower at the moment, and nothing else.
"

Third, like dex told me at the start, would recommend getting starkonja's, the reduced damage really helped me survive more at higher maps.

Might have to shuffle a bit then with the gear because of the resistance. Damage is fine at the moment, so i think the extra evasion will be a big plus. Will try that out.
"

Fourth, not sure about your weapon if it really helps or not, i'm sure you can find a foil not to expensive as a placeholder for now or even a scaeva, but again i'm not using pob numbers so i dunno if that weapon is better, this is my weapon now on off hand with saviour, its really shit but i was clearing t16 no problem and sirus a8 with very low tier gear before i started slowly getting better loot with harvest mechanics

I will import your weapon + the Scaeva with the correct sockets into PoB, and see what happens with my dps. As said, dps is not really the problem, but survivability is.
"

Fifth, stated before as well, look at you map mods. there are some that you really should avoid if possible to keep yourself safe, as a general rule i usually do not run cannot leech and cannot regen maps, only recently am i a bit ok with doing cannot regen, but still i never do cannot leech. Another would be stay away from some damage modifiers if you really feel you aren't ready. thats what i did for a good while.

Well, i dont run cannot leech/cannot regen maps, so that's out of the question. But it feels like i'm getting killed by ranged mobs quite fast. Also i dont have the currency yet to reroll every map which has a +damage mod on it. But I am sure it will go better when i work on the things above.

Thanks for your help so far. All of things you mentioned I already knew, but i was like "that can't be the fix", but all accumulated it would sure make a difference.
\o/
Spoiler
"
Phyloni a écrit :
"
adrenalburr a écrit :

I am not having mana issues at the moment, and its only there for the remove bleeding mod. You got a very valid point there; Will swap this immediately tonight. Survivability is a thing so, basalt flask it is.
"

Good point as well and i totally forgot about the vaal ancestral warchief. I did not level gems in my offhand yet because I didnt know if i wanted to continue with this build. But it seems fun enough so i might as well level some gems there. There's an empower at the moment, and nothing else.
"

Might have to shuffle a bit then with the gear because of the resistance. Damage is fine at the moment, so i think the extra evasion will be a big plus. Will try that out.
"

I will import your weapon + the Scaeva with the correct sockets into PoB, and see what happens with my dps. As said, dps is not really the problem, but survivability is.
"

Well, i dont run cannot leech/cannot regen maps, so that's out of the question. But it feels like i'm getting killed by ranged mobs quite fast. Also i dont have the currency yet to reroll every map which has a +damage mod on it. But I am sure it will go better when i work on the things above.

Thanks for your help so far. All of things you mentioned I already knew, but i was like "that can't be the fix", but all accumulated it would sure make a difference.

No worries, again i'm just guessing as well i'm usually just following guides as well. ones thing though do you have enough int for your infused? it does help a bit for damage mitigation as well. it was a bit of an issue for me at the start to try and get all the stuff in. but once i got through it its been one of my smoothest league start characters. good luck!

Just remembered, you can also try staying in sand stance more often than not if you aren't, it also helps a bit for staying alive compared to blood stance :)
Dernière édition par adrenalburr, le 7 juil. 2020 04:40:12
"

Mana Cost + Explode hands down is superior as it makes you virtually immune to those pesky on death effects mechanics like porcupine. You can just charge in and spin without even thinking.

But Mana Cost + Crit is definitely superior for damage and if u dun mind not going ham on those on death effects monsters like popcupine, but the QOL it has on an explode chest is just simply too hard to pass up.
Dernière édition par Eechye, le 7 juil. 2020 17:21:10
"
Eechye a écrit :
"

Mana Cost + Explode hands down is superior as it makes you virtually immune to those pesky on death effects mechanics like porcupine. You can just charge in and spin without even thinking.

But Mana Cost + Crit is definitely superior for damage and if u dun mind not going ham on those on death effects monsters like popcupine, but the QOL it has on an explode chest is just simply too hard to pass up.

Currently I'm using Crusader+Warlord for explode+mana cost but I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Crusader+Hunter for the minmaxed version, either to get %life or additional curse as prefix aswell as attack base crit. It's not incredibly hard to roll with harvest and there arent a ton of useful prefixes for amulet and rings so getting life+phys dmg+mana cost on all 3 is ideal.

Crusader is really nice in general if you plan on mapping, but if you just wanna do bosses then Warlord+Hunter hands down.
"
Dex2644 a écrit :
"
Eechye a écrit :
"

Currently I'm using Crusader+Warlord for explode+mana cost but I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Crusader+Hunter for the minmaxed version, either to get %life or additional curse as prefix aswell as attack base crit. It's not incredibly hard to roll with harvest and there arent a ton of useful prefixes for amulet and rings so getting life+phys dmg+mana cost on all 3 is ideal.

Crusader is really nice in general if you plan on mapping, but if you just wanna do bosses then Warlord+Hunter hands down.

I went the other route instead for Min-Maxing while keeping my crusader + Walord chest. Instead of crafting Mana on amulets and ring i crafted Frenzy charge to have 3 perma frenzy charge on me at all times, while blood rage does help sustain frenzy charge, on bossess you hardly get enough spawn to upkeep it. 3 Frenzy Charges is just too much DPS to passup for me.

By stacking all Flat physical damage, it boosted my Paradoxica to be on par with a 640 PDPS foil at the cost of only 5 Ex. It pretty much just 1 shot any bossess in game and you can DPS down Sirus A8 from 75% - 0% in last phase before he can even cast any of his abilities.
Dernière édition par Eechye, le 8 juil. 2020 08:55:06
Ye this league is really good for us with all 1hand being so cheap. Paradoxica is very very strong but doesnt get used because people dont understand how it works, unless streamers use it ofc.

I am however a bit suspicious since empyrian just crafted that foil, might skyrocket the price on a lot of melee items. So if you are saving up for something id recommend buying it as soon as possible.

The main items that are going to go up in price from my estimation is saviour, ryslathas coil, bottled faith and 2 impale watchers eye.

EDIT: My current plan is to finish crafting a foil with 7.48% crit and respec overwhelm and bane of legends for endless hunger+brutal fervour to get stun/bleed immune and some extra defense at a slight dps loss. Will also get Culling strike on gloves to mitigate the dps loss further.

Im not 100% sure how the loss of bane of legends will feel for clearspeed but this isnt something I would recommend as a norm either way since the only reason Im considering this is because I have the triple t1 suffix foil. If i didnt have it i would have wanted accuracy+quality suffix on it instead.
Dernière édition par Dex2644, le 8 juil. 2020 11:07:09

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires