[3.7] 2H Cyclone Slayer - Crit, Pure Phys - All Content

Hi Shepuurd,

I'm currently comparing a 575 DPS Fortify sword (2,370,900) versus a corrupted fortify starforge (no shock 2,022,975, shocked 2,701,826). The catch is how POB calculating the shock effectiveness with starforge. If i recognize half effectiveness in shock, both swords are similar in DPS however starforge beat out in term of AOE, accuracy and +100life.

Im usually running guardian map (selling frags) so im concern about shock effectiveness against the guardians. Can we reliably shock guardian to recognize the full 30% shock effectiveness? I tried to look up on internet and im kind of perplexed shock effectiveness are not widely discussed on internet and seems like there is a lot of misleading, conflicting information about it.

So id like to ask your opinion, given you have enough currencies, which sword would you go for?

I have both swords and my current gear, and passive skills invested in POB link https://pastebin.com/gx9CxUqQ

my build are tweaked toward having comfortable kill on guardians with bad mods in mind so naturally i go for acuity glove, soul tether and glorious vanity setup.

Dernière édition par mlvnk83, le 11 juil. 2019 05:36:36
"
Shock3r19711 a écrit :
is the swords 6/18 pob link still updated?

What do you mean by showing off with warchihef? To inflate poe.ninja dps rank?

What would you swap to go titanic impacts and bladedancer. We seem to have plenty of dmg so the aoe is always nice. Currently took off the armour/life nodes.

And about enough dmg, what do you think about going the brutal restaint jewel for 20% of life as extra es with soul tether for overleech? That was my other build option Im looking at. Especially for semi farming uber elder. Would we need any major changes to this build to incorporate that?

The PoB is still up to date, I haven't changed my character much since then.

What I mean with showing off is taking 1 second to place totems in order to kill a boss in 1 instead of 2 seconds, if that makes sense.

If you wanted just AoE it would actually be better to get Executioner, in my PoB it adds the same range as Bladedancer. I would swap Butchery, Martial Experience or Soul of Steel.
You don't actually need Martial Experience if you can garantuee 100% uptime on Blood Rage, or have some other form of leech. It's still kind of decent with 2.6% DPS per point.

Soul Tether + Brutal Restraint is a great combo for survivability, though you do lose some damage. I haven't done the maths, but it should be a lot better than Brutal Fervour because of the extra EHP and ascendancy passives.
You should use Vaal Pact (or Atziri gloves) with it; the jewel can be placed at Iron Grip for 4 points.

"
PattyWin a écrit :
Tomorrow i changed to this weapon that i found in my stash tab. I was positively surprised how much better it worked

That is my old weapon:

I thought so far that this would be better

Is Fortify the only reason?
Fortify is 35% more damage, but only if you actually socket your cyclone into the weapon. Your old weapon is actually slightly better.

The rest of your gear is pretty good, but you should really focus on upgrading your weapon now. If you get something like mine, you'll deal twice the damage.

"
_eps a écrit :
awesome guide!

do you mind giving me some suggestions on where to go next? I have around 7ex to spare.

https://pastebin.com/9Vr0wbtQ

i was thinking maybe swapping some rings for mark of elder and an assassin's mark ring or go atziri acuity. i am all ears! thanks!!!
Impale Watcher's Eye is 9ex and about 15% more damage than your current rares. Sounds like an option if you can save up a bit more.
Lethal Pride is also something you should look for.

Concerning rares, you can make these improvements:
Your gloves can have attack speed and more resists.
Boots can have more resists.
Belt should be a stygian vise, also with more resists.
Amulet & the sapphire ring are missing life.

What I would do (and did) is unequip all your rares, get Mark of the Elder & Asaassin's Mark ring right away, then try to cap your resistances as you buy new gear. Getting Alira as a Bandit would also make that easier for you.

"
mlvnk83 a écrit :
Hi Shepuurd,

I'm currently comparing a 575 DPS Fortify sword (2,370,900) versus a corrupted fortify starforge (no shock 2,022,975, shocked 2,701,826). The catch is how POB calculating the shock effectiveness with starforge. If i recognize half effectiveness in shock, both swords are similar in DPS however starforge beat out in term of AOE, accuracy and +100life.

Im usually running guardian map (selling frags) so im concern about shock effectiveness against the guardians. Can we reliably shock guardian to recognize the full 30% shock effectiveness? I tried to look up on internet and im kind of perplexed shock effectiveness are not widely discussed on internet and seems like there is a lot of misleading, conflicting information about it.

So id like to ask your opinion, given you have enough currencies, which sword would you go for?

I have both swords and my current gear, and passive skills invested in POB link https://pastebin.com/gx9CxUqQ

my build are tweaked toward having comfortable kill on guardians with bad mods in mind so naturally i go for acuity glove, soul tether and glorious vanity setup.
Shock (the full effect is 50% btw) isn't that hard to calculate, what is difficult is finding a fair situation where you can compare it:
-What are you fighting against, does it have any map mods like ailment avoidance or extra life?
-Have you killed recently?
-Do you have Warchief placed?

If I just take your PoB as you posted it (which is still not calculated correctly, Pride is actually giving you more damage):
-You deal 365.000 average damage on a critical strike.
-Minotaur has around 12.000.000 life.
--> you remove 3% of Minotaur's life on a crit.
-Shock scales linearly, up to 50% effect on a hit that takes 10% of life.
-(3/10)*50 = 15, so you would shock minotaur for 15% increased damage taken.

Now as far as I know you can't actually simulate "increased dmg taken" in PoB with an item, so you'd have to calculate that aswell. In this case 15% is the same as Aspect of the Spider, which is around "10% more" damage.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Dernière édition par SHEPUUURD, le 11 juil. 2019 06:10:41
"
SHEPUUURD a écrit :
"
ressiv a écrit :
I will mess around with the cwdt setups, but a 6link vaal ancestral warchief could be really nice for doing Legion Emblem runs. Any idea on what to link to it?
The same supports as on your Cyclone, really. Melee Phys, Pulverize, Impale, Brutality and Maim.

Thanks I will try it!
I took out the damage nodes and got more life. It even went up to 5.400hp. It's very smooth now. The big upgrade is complete imo, racing through maps with a lot of ease now and bosses die almost instantly. Love it!

Have been chaos rolling a shaper's ring, got ass mark on it a few times but really with zero other useful mod on it. Very unlucky and it's costing me a lot of currency. But a good ass mark ring is probably my biggest upgrade now.
hi SHEPUUURD,

is the martial experience wheel worth it in your opinion? i am running fortify axe crit with glorious vanity/soul tether combo and vaal pact.

in PoB it shows me +2,1% DPS per point if i take the points leading to it (which dps-wise is pretty meh), but the "50% increased total recovery per second from life leech" seems really nice.

or is it not a big deal and i should put my 3 points where i get "more bang for my points"?
I've got a Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel that adds 10% increased Effect of Fortify on you, to 3 different nodes (so 30% increased effect of fortify). Any idea how I'd calculate the DPS for this?
Awesome build guide!!
Lucky enough I could use my exquisite blade, but the biggest question for me is the HP, I have mostly HP mods plus Kaoms.but can't seem to hit 4k, only thing is should I respec and go more towards hp then focus on the dmg?
"
Huseby a écrit :
I've got a Lethal Pride Timeless Jewel that adds 10% increased Effect of Fortify on you, to 3 different nodes (so 30% increased effect of fortify). Any idea how I'd calculate the DPS for this?

does increase the effect of fortify give more dmg and defense??
"
Shock3r19711 a écrit :
"
Huseby a écrit :

does increase the effect of fortify give more dmg and defense??

I'm assuming it affects your melee physical damage, not sure if it also boosts the 20% reduced damage from hits. But not sure how I'd calculate the damage (for comparison sake).

According to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5tq9f0/how_does_increases_fortify_effect_on_you_stack/

It's just added on to the base, so my 31% melee damage increase (at fortify level 16) would actually bump up 9 points to 40% melee damage increase. Which seems pretty significant for me. Guessing it also affects the Fortify duration (another about 9%, and bleed/poison damage).

There's one other guy (according to poe.trade) that has this exact jewel I have: http://poe.trade/search/amobeihimihuri (Lethal Pride, 17714/Kaom), and it's in the jewel slot directly below your ascendancy path (just to hte left of Golem's blood).
Dernière édition par Huseby, le 11 juil. 2019 12:46:53
Can someone please help me check why I don't have enough mana reserved for Precision level 1 ?

According to here, it should work out for me. I have 648 mana and 109 int

POB - https://pastebin.com/eej6bmUy

https://poe.mikelat.com/#j=umb/BS3z3Rb.aX3fX9f
Dernière édition par Valant, le 11 juil. 2019 14:02:56
For a single ring craft to get both mana cost reduction and also assassins mark, what would be an optimal base to do it with.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires