[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
Homocastle a écrit :
I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on your atlas as you keep going! Flickers warping gimmick makes some content almost unbearable or janky as hell, but there's so many atlas activities to do I can't keep track of them all and what's good/bad for flicker as a casual

Just wanted to thank you for the guide. I pulled up 4 different flicker guides, and yours was the only one that offered a leveling option without a bold message reading "DONT DO IT, ITS NOT WORTH IT." I took the gamble and compared to when I played flicker back in like, metamorph league, this leveling experience has been super smooth. I haven't had frenzy issues pretty much at all, and only use the frenzy skill 2-3 times during an act boss. Damage is starting to fall off as I approach act 9, so looking to get a weapon upgrade.

Feels to me like flicker has enough QOL (if you take the right nodes + starter wep) that it's genuinely a smooth starter! Although, even though we all knew it would be painful for the league, I'm still shocked at how painful it really is. Feels like GGG didn't really consider melee builds at all with rooms like the skulls where you need to LoS targets that are hitting you with ranged attacks zzz.

But thanks again!

I recommend ritual. You dont have a risk of flickering all over the place. You can use vaal flicker in ritual.

thanks yea leveling was nice for me too. I know people like to share endgame flicker builds, but a flicker leveling guide is usually nonexistent in the community unless I make one lol. It's been like that for years.
Good news.

From https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3325018

1350 - The following bugs should be fixed in a hotfix later today:
Vaal Flicker Strike and Vaal Cleave sometimes causes crashes - Fixed.

Just curious as to what Major and Minor Pantheon I should be using or if there's like preferences. Thanks in advance.
"
Hollyphantom a écrit :

raider has frenzy generation and speed. slayer has overleech and damage. Slayer is the best flicker ascendancy for... idk maybe 80% of scenarios. He's hard to beat.

cold flicker is viable. It's just not as good as before since people tend to use defensive auras now instead of hatred. It's still probably the highest dps variant

Thanks for the info! I've been gone since 3.14 and forgot about the reworked defenses.
First time ever trying melee and decided to flicker. Your guide made leveling from 28 onwards a breeze. Acts went by so easily and I'm now in yellow maps. Only hitch was fighting tukohama as I kept dying trying to kill his totems during his shield phase.

How much crit chance would you suggest getting before switching to crit? And once you do would you be swapping to Terminus Est?
"
Xanza93 a écrit :
First time ever trying melee and decided to flicker. Your guide made leveling from 28 onwards a breeze. Acts went by so easily and I'm now in yellow maps. Only hitch was fighting tukohama as I kept dying trying to kill his totems during his shield phase.

How much crit chance would you suggest getting before switching to crit? And once you do would you be swapping to Terminus Est?

not terminus because its too basic lol.

my friend is doing Usurper's Penance to sustain frenzy. that works well with any sword. u could also just use any sword period without other sources of frenzy generation other than wats in the guide.

idk. theres lots of new/buffed weapons too. i might try those. for now, im using rebuke
"
TallKorean a écrit :
Just curious as to what Major and Minor Pantheon I should be using or if there's like preferences. Thanks in advance.

brine king until u have stun and freeze immunity. for minor, idk theyre all pretty good.
Nice guide, i came here to maybe get my build a little boost, but i couldnt figure out what wrong with my build. I am doing the therminus est type of flicker with slayer, but sometimes, i just bounce off of rare or unique enemies. Especially in sanctum i start flicker i do 1 flicker on the unique and it just stops. Why could this be? Not enough mana or not generating frenzy charge on the first initial hit?

Thanks.
"
ata191 a écrit :
Nice guide, i came here to maybe get my build a little boost, but i couldnt figure out what wrong with my build. I am doing the therminus est type of flicker with slayer, but sometimes, i just bounce off of rare or unique enemies. Especially in sanctum i start flicker i do 1 flicker on the unique and it just stops. Why could this be? Not enough mana or not generating frenzy charge on the first initial hit?

Thanks.

with your crit chance it's really unlikely that you'd not hit at least 1 crit, especially with flask up (like 1.3% to miss all 3 hits or 0.02% with flaks. that's not even factoring in the ~32% chance to get a charge from flickers innate frenzy generation)

mana seems like a more reasonable option since you aren't running anything to help with that other than 1 leech node and leech takes a bit to max out (do you have options->ui->hide life/mana reservation turned on? should be noticeable if your mana bottoms out then).
easiest way to test is to just slap in a lifetap and see if it stops, then it's that

only other things i could think off would be either some kinda form of dodge/accuracy reduction on the mob/map or quite simply game lagging which would cause the issue
"
Cash4Cookies a écrit :
"
ata191 a écrit :

Thanks.

with your crit chance it's really unlikely that you'd not hit at least 1 crit, especially with flask up (like 1.3% to miss all 3 hits or 0.02% with flaks. that's not even factoring in the ~32% chance to get a charge from flickers innate frenzy generation)

mana seems like a more reasonable option since you aren't running anything to help with that other than 1 leech node and leech takes a bit to max out (do you have options->ui->hide life/mana reservation turned on? should be noticeable if your mana bottoms out then).
easiest way to test is to just slap in a lifetap and see if it stops, then it's that

only other things i could think off would be either some kinda form of dodge/accuracy reduction on the mob/map or quite simply game lagging which would cause the issue

Thanks, i will test it for sure, otherwise i woudl change a few jewels or replace them with flat mana if thats the case.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires