[3.9] Endurance Charge Jugg

I still think charging your endurance charges before high tier boss fights, or often just as you're starting a high tier map with damage or reduced resistances mods, will save you from many deaths. It does take some time to remember to do it, but it's useful. If you're not lazy about it might even allow you to run uncapped resistances prior to endurance charges.

About particular map mods, I would mention:

1)Elemental reflect: I was able to easily do a mid tier (T12) map by taking soul of yugul for reduced reflect, and then temporarily removing wildfire, ancestral call support and multistrike support so we don't accidentally deal too much damage at once, and also taking out Xoph's blood amulet to temporarily remove avatar of fire, allowing us to do some physical damage as well. DPS was severely impacted, so clear was much slower, but I could easily do a whole abyss being completely surrounded in monsters. If you want to take it even slower, you can hit monsters just once, and wait for balls to burst before doing it again. In any case, I'm sure having the unique gloves of the serpent will make it even easier.

2) Can't leech life or mana: Temporarily equipping one jewel with +2 mana gained per enemy hit by your attacks replaces our mana leech nicely.

3) Can't regen life / mana or 60% reduced regen of life and ES: A mana flask or hybrid flask comes in handy, I replace The Wise Oak with it and try to add shock or ignite immunity. Another very important trick, (especially if, like me, you don't have the unique gloves of the serpent that lets us continue leeching at full HP), is to simply hit weapon swap for about 4 seconds after we clear a patch of monsters and there isn't another one immediately next to it. This prevents nebulochs's and blood rage's burn from destroying us. It's nice because we won't even lose our endurance charges, and after 4 seconds we can hit the weapon swap again and have all the bonuses from nebulochs's at full charges.

---

About having 50 extra fingers to hit all 5 flasks and our 3 vaal skills simultaneously: I found that keeping my attack hotkey in the right mouse-button means I have my whole left hand available for popping flasks and vaal skills, at the most I have to hold down shift for attacking in place. It is kind of annoying because if we try to attack something that's outside our melee range, our character will try to walk towards it first, even if we click on the ground. But with some practice this is worth it to free up 1 finger and allow the whole hand to move freely and hit all 8 of our pops in a quarter second.
"
tecito9000 a écrit :
I still think charging your endurance charges before high tier boss fights, or often just as you're starting a high tier map with damage or reduced resistances mods, will save you from many deaths. It does take some time to remember to do it, but it's useful. If you're not lazy about it might even allow you to run uncapped resistances prior to endurance charges.

About particular map mods, I would mention:

1)Elemental reflect: I was able to easily do a mid tier (T12) map by taking soul of yugul for reduced reflect, and then temporarily removing wildfire, ancestral call support and multistrike support so we don't accidentally deal too much damage at once, and also taking out Xoph's blood amulet to temporarily remove avatar of fire, allowing us to do some physical damage as well. DPS was severely impacted, so clear was much slower, but I could easily do a whole abyss being completely surrounded in monsters. If you want to take it even slower, you can hit monsters just once, and wait for balls to burst before doing it again. In any case, I'm sure having the unique gloves of the serpent will make it even easier.

2) Can't leech life or mana: Temporarily equipping one jewel with +2 mana gained per enemy hit by your attacks replaces our mana leech nicely.

3) Can't regen life / mana or 60% reduced regen of life and ES: A mana flask or hybrid flask comes in handy, I replace The Wise Oak with it and try to add shock or ignite immunity. Another very important trick, (especially if, like me, you don't have the unique gloves of the serpent that lets us continue leeching at full HP), is to simply hit weapon swap for about 4 seconds after we clear a patch of monsters and there isn't another one immediately next to it. This prevents nebulochs's and blood rage's burn from destroying us. It's nice because we won't even lose our endurance charges, and after 4 seconds we can hit the weapon swap again and have all the bonuses from nebulochs's at full charges.

---

About having 50 extra fingers to hit all 5 flasks and our 3 vaal skills simultaneously: I found that keeping my attack hotkey in the right mouse-button means I have my whole left hand available for popping flasks and vaal skills, at the most I have to hold down shift for attacking in place. It is kind of annoying because if we try to attack something that's outside our melee range, our character will try to walk towards it first, even if we click on the ground. But with some practice this is worth it to free up 1 finger and allow the whole hand to move freely and hit all 8 of our pops in a quarter second.

The idea about a weapon swap is genious. But you are right, that if you have the gloves, the burn is not really an issue as long as you are fighting frequently.

My setup is right click molten strike, I use a 12 button mouse for my skills with my right thumb. I have my flasks mapped to ASD and QW. So I dont have to move my hand when I am shift clicking.
I destroy elder and most other content. I've gotten as far as 300 delve and it's a piece of cake. Elder guardians are a joke. Shaper guardians can sometimes kill me, but I can usually do them deathless.

However, shaper is giving me a lot of trouble. Mostly from his cold attacks. I keep forgetting to pop my vaal impurity of ice, but that would only save me from 1 death.

I find I have trouble relocating quickly because multistrike keeps me attacking in place when I really want to move once the enemy attack has begun.

I studied the shaper fight and was still unable to defeat him without dying 4 times, and only barely did I manage to kill him.

I'm now trying to do uber elder, but I imagine that would be even harder.

My life stands at 6900, my resists are 81/80/80/72 (175/137/120) so Wise Oak is protecting from lightning instead of cold, maybe that could be improved for this fight. I have 10 endurance charges and 33600 armor. Life regen is 1200. I gain 17 life on hit and have base leech 690 (10%) and max leech 2000 (29%). I'm not running out of mana while attacking.

I still have the 50% crit damage reduction mechanism from Ahn's Contempt, and my pantheon is usually Solaris and Ralakesh (maybe I should select Yugul or Tukohama for this fight?)

I'm level 94 and currently missing some of the damage nods (Divine Fury and Divine Wrath) I have decent rolls on all my gear. My jewels don't add much damage, they're just 7% life, 3 lgoh and some attack speed here and there, a little bit of projectile speed too. My abyssal is maxlife, onslaught and +2% to block attack if hit recently (maybe this could be improved for bossing)

Perhaps I could replace one flask with a sapphire one (just need to get the math right so cold res doesn't go over fire, for wise oak).

What else do you think could be wrong? Could missing the gloves of the serpent be making most of the difference? I'm getting those once synthesis ends and they move to standard.

Maybe I have the wrong positioning and some of the balls are not hitting the enemy when they should. I try to stand a bit further from melee distance.
Dernière édition par tecito9000, le 22 mai 2019 12:28:09
16 deaths later, I managed to clear uber elder. I think the trick is that you're not supposed to wait until an attack begins to try to move out of the way. You just gotta keep moving from one place to another and hope the attacks don't get in your way.

Also, I replaced increased critical strikes support for culling strike on orb of storms for this fight. Not sure if it's worth it to keep for regular play.

Shaper hits are the only thing we really need to worry about. The cold magic balls and the beam are about all that can kill us easily. Elder can be ignored for the most part.
Dernière édition par tecito9000, le 23 mai 2019 20:39:30
"
tecito9000 a écrit :
16 deaths later, I managed to clear uber elder. I think the trick is that you're not supposed to wait until an attack begins to try to move out of the way. You just gotta keep moving from one place to another and hope the attacks don't get in your way.

Also, I replaced increased critical strikes support for culling strike on orb of storms for this fight. Not sure if it's worth it to keep for regular play.

Shaper hits are the only thing we really need to worry about. The cold magic balls and the beam are about all that can kill us easily. Elder can be ignored for the most part.

Going back to you previous post. The multistrike animation lock will not be a thing in the melee buff in the patch in 2 weeks so life should be much better for this kind of stuff. A lot of people do use a sapphire flask for uber elder. Jewels are an enormous source of our damage btw. Abyss jewels with lots of flat fire and physical will give a lot of damage. If you find your damage is low, you could change out some of the life on hit jewels and try maybe a tri or quad damage abyss jewels.

As far as positioning. You should never be in melee range. If you are targeting an enemy in melee range with molten strike, all of the ancestral call doods don't come out (unless there are nearby adds) and you only hit him with your own balls. You should be just out of melee range at all times so that your balls overlap with the ancestral call molten strike balls for more shotgunning damage. Improves your damage by 40-70% given randomness of ball patterns.

To be fair, shaper and U. Elder are all about movement and positioning. There are builds out there where people have beat him with like less than 100k dps. And like I said, very soon the movement aspect and avoidance with no more animation lock and instant movement skills will be huge for this kind of stuff.

I'm sorry to hear you died that much with my build. I feel like I let you down somehow :/ But, grats on the clear at least! Culling strikes should only really be used for very high hp bosses like U. Elder, Shaper, and maybe guardians/synthesis bosses. It doesn't matter if the enemy doesn't live for several seconds.
I wanted a build that could tank everything without having to worry about moving out of the way of attacks, and this build just about does that. There are only a few exceptions where you have to move.

I did die some 100 times since I started playing it, mostly due to lag and delve bugs, some to mods+lack of endurance charges, and some due to just AFKing / selecting Syndicate members or Alva incursions when I thought there were no monsters left. Sometimes there was no real explanation for why I died, I guess the game does that sometimes. A few times I just died to a few random skeletons when I didn't think they were a threat. All of that said, this is still the tankiest build I've ever played, and many of the deaths are due to being overconfident with it because it does feel like it can never die.

I also wanted a build that was easy to play and not too expensive to gear, and that had some customization, and this build fulfills all of those.

I also wanted a build that was relatively decent at clearing speed, and this build surpassed my expectations by a lot on that. It's really fast for how tanky it is.

I'm very happy with the build and would recommend it over any of the other builds I've tried before. This is also the first time I reach level 94, previously I never got past level 90 and 91.
I didn't realize that flat physical/fire damage bonuses would apply to all of our lava balls, I can see how that can be a huge boost to damage!

The damage does seem fine without it, only bosses take more than a couple hits. Most thrashmobs just instadie. But maybe I will try that anyway.
Dernière édition par tecito9000, le 24 mai 2019 10:09:18
"
tecito9000 a écrit :
I didn't realize that flat physical/fire damage bonuses would apply to all of our lava balls, I can see how that can be a huge boost to damage!

The damage does seem fine without it, only bosses take more than a couple hits. Most thrashmobs just instadie. But maybe I will try that anyway.

Let me know how it works out. Glad you are liking it!
Hi, sorry for bad english, but can you help me? Check my juggernaut and told me what i doing wrong? Why i got oneshoted by shaper guardiand except chiemera, yt easy.
Very nice! Wanna start 3.7 on this build
can you uptade it for 3.7 when he started?
thanks!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires