[On Hold] Bane Occultist - League Start/SSF Viable - All Content

"
Midjet a écrit :
Hey Thi3n, you knocked it out of the park with this one. Easily the most fun I've ever had playing a chaos oriented character.

I'm playing in flashback and getting close to 90 but I'm finding that I really cannot run MoM with any sort of constant damage as it results in me running out of mana/ES and then standing there getting beat on.

Diadem isn't quite an option yet for me and I've taken to just not skilling MoM after a few deaths. Any suggestions you'd be able to give me?

I know I don't have spider or cat aspect and currently only running malevolence for my auras. Do I try to fit a clarity in somewhere?

While not as high level as you, I experienced the same with it being impossible to use MoM and Eldrich Battery. I've actually unspecced both and will likely try to find an essence worm for Malevolence, and go full MoM/Life without EB.
"
TheFrequency a écrit :
"
Midjet a écrit :
Hey Thi3n, you knocked it out of the park with this one. Easily the most fun I've ever had playing a chaos oriented character.

I'm playing in flashback and getting close to 90 but I'm finding that I really cannot run MoM with any sort of constant damage as it results in me running out of mana/ES and then standing there getting beat on.

Diadem isn't quite an option yet for me and I've taken to just not skilling MoM after a few deaths. Any suggestions you'd be able to give me?

I know I don't have spider or cat aspect and currently only running malevolence for my auras. Do I try to fit a clarity in somewhere?

While not as high level as you, I experienced the same with it being impossible to use MoM and Eldrich Battery. I've actually unspecced both and will likely try to find an essence worm for Malevolence, and go full MoM/Life without EB.

Essence worm + malevolence seems really good, but I also want to try and run star of wraeclast for that HYOOJ bane AoE.

Getting all my res with Star of Wraeclast + essence worm may be a tiny bit tougher.

I think if I go ham on this char I might eventually end up going full Life/Mom with phase acro because it feels like I'm almost there on skill points already.

I am using a version of this build. There is nothing that lives for long. It is currently my Uber elder farmer. Strong AF imo

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Ron3van/knucka?i=39&search=class%3DOccultist%26skill%3DBane%26sort%3Ddps
Dernière édition par Ron3van, le 13 mai 2019 20:54:21
"
Ron3van a écrit :
I am using a version of this build. There is nothing that lives for long. It is currently my Uber elder farmer. Strong AF imo

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Ron3van/knucka?i=39&search=class%3DOccultist%26skill%3DBane%26sort%3Ddps

A version is right, good lord that's some super valuable gear!
can you explain what the wither totems are for if we have the withering presence ascendancy?
"
marshmallowcrisp a écrit :
can you explain what the wither totems are for if we have the withering presence ascendancy?

Obviously you use wither while leveling for additional damage before you get ascendancy. Final build doesnt have wither
okay, it just wasn't clear because in the gear section they still have the wither setup in the windshriek boots. i also see multiple people with it on poe.ninja builds
Dernière édition par marshmallowcrisp, le 19 mai 2019 15:40:46
"
marshmallowcrisp a écrit :
okay, it just wasn't clear because in the gear section they still have the wither setup in the windshriek boots. i also see multiple people with it on poe.ninja builds

It's still a useful addition to apply wither stacks quickly, instead of taking 15 seconds to slowly apply them you can drop your totems and have it up to full stacks pretty much instantly.
so with the devouring diadem, are we supposed to be able to reserve all our mana because we have eldritch battery? i have malevolence, clarity, haste, and arctic armour socketed but is clarity pointless (unless used with a watcher's eye) and should i not be putting points into mana passives?
New Video!

"
I will start with this build in Flashback. I have a little bit flu, so i need an easy faceroll build :-)
Hope it worked as well for you as it did for me!

"
Can this be transitioned into CI at all? would that be better?

If it would be better at what point should you do it, any chance you can give some guidance to like a second tree and some gear to sort of try to aim for?
Absolutely could but this guide does not go over ES based variants. I do encourage players to make adjustments to their playstyle and make choices that work for them.

"
Thanks Thi3n for your really helpful answer. I always find it funny watching your videos how you feel 7mins is a long video while you provide detailed written answers. I actually would love to hear you go in more depth cos I just enjoy the way you explain things and break things down :)

What was the main reason you decided to run Occultist instead of Trickster for a bane build? Survivability? Trickster seems to offer better mapping since its faster?

And you mention devouring diadem as a great item for this build. Will that item not be going now that Synthesis is no longer core and if so what item would you replace with?
I'd say the main reason for Occultist is Profane Bloom which is just really satisfying.

Devouring Diadem is a Betrayal item and is core to the game. The build does function without it though which I just experienced in SSF Flashback during synthesis league.

"

"

Try running Discipline/Vaal Disc for a way to keep your ES topped off.

"
Glad to hear it!

"
Just makes the wither apply faster. Can be useful for some fights where the target is more mobile or goes immune frequently.

"
so with the devouring diadem, are we supposed to be able to reserve all our mana because we have eldritch battery? i have malevolence, clarity, haste, and arctic armour socketed but is clarity pointless (unless used with a watcher's eye) and should i not be putting points into mana passives?
Yes the power of EB/MoM comes from being able to get good value out of the hybrid ES/Life nodes and also reserve all your mana. Mana passives do not matter.
Dernière édition par thi3n, le 6 juin 2019 13:59:41

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires