[On Hold] Bane Occultist - League Start/SSF Viable - All Content

"
bankai1009 a écrit :
Hi Thi3n, another great build!

Can I ask your opinion on soul rend vs bane vs storm brand (your other starter build) for mapping and bossing?

My other big question with curse builds is how you do deal with betrayal fortification doors?

"

Can I ask your opinion on soul rend vs bane vs storm brand (your other starter build) for mapping and bossing?

My other big question with curse builds is how you do deal with betrayal fortification doors?
They are completely different builds with different playstyles. Some will click differently with other people. Here are my personal thoughts on them:

1) Soulrend. I don't have a build for this. I tried it this league and the projectile speed was a dealbreaker for me. I hate waiting for the proj to get to the enemy but once it did reach... it did heavy damage and it was hardly a "damage over time." I view trickster as the best ascendancy for this build because Soulrend plays nicely with cast speed.

2) Bane. I obviously love it. I mention it in the video that it's a 1 stop shop for damage and defense. The aoe is "instant" occultist pops are satisfying and this build functions perfectly as a league starter that doesn't care about map mods. I will be league starting with this build in the 1 month flashback event in solo self found.

3) Stormbrand. Might be the fastest leveler of the bunch. Mechanically top tier in terms of being able to set and forget damage. I would say it's a better mapper by a lot and a better bosser by a little. However I have played this build so many times that I want to mix it up. Also future patch notes might hit several abilities so as a player who wants to be prepared I like having several tools in my toolbox so to speak.

Fortification Doors die to Bane.
Highly liked your build, still in progress 70+lvl at the moment, doing 7-10 tier maps easily, just wonder how to increase life gain/recovery as the mom and flash fest isn't enough when bosses or mobs are fast hitting ones, also some struggle with syndicate encounters. Any suggestions?
Dernière édition par andriuscer, le 6 mai 2019 08:38:11
Hi Thi3n,

Thank you for the guide, I've followed a couple of your other builds and your youtube for a little while now and it's been really helpful.

Any thoughts on how this compares to ED/Contagion builds as far as clearspeed/power goes? I enjoy the chaos spellcaster archetype but like you I found the projectile speed on soulrend unsatisfying to play with. I really like Essence drain for mapping but juggling wither/blight for bossing feels kinda clunky.

Going to be playing this one for flashback and I'm looking forward to it!
"
Highly liked your build, still in progress 70+lvl at the moment, doing 7-10 tier maps easily, just wonder how to increase life gain/recovery as the mom and flash fest isn't enough when bosses or mobs are fast hitting ones, also some struggle with syndicate encounters. Any suggestions?
Instant flasks might be useful for your setup. You could opt to drop wands for a fortify setup. There are a lot of options for defense but the biggest one will be just avoiding big damage to let the feast proc get you back to full.

"
Hi Thi3n,

Thank you for the guide, I've followed a couple of your other builds and your youtube for a little while now and it's been really helpful.

Any thoughts on how this compares to ED/Contagion builds as far as clearspeed/power goes? I enjoy the chaos spellcaster archetype but like you I found the projectile speed on soulrend unsatisfying to play with. I really like Essence drain for mapping but juggling wither/blight for bossing feels kinda clunky.

Going to be playing this one for flashback and I'm looking forward to it!
I have never played ED/Contagion but I assume they function similarly. I will also be starting in flashback (SSF) with this build as well.
I will start with this build in Flashback. I have a little bit flu, so i need an easy faceroll build :-)
https://www.twitch.tv/der_rasierer
Can this be transitioned into CI at all? would that be better?

If it would be better at what point should you do it, any chance you can give some guidance to like a second tree and some gear to sort of try to aim for?
Dernière édition par Shangles, le 10 mai 2019 17:55:44
"
thi3n a écrit :
"

They are completely different builds with different playstyles. Some will click differently with other people. Here are my personal thoughts on them:

1) Soulrend. I don't have a build for this. I tried it this league and the projectile speed was a dealbreaker for me. I hate waiting for the proj to get to the enemy but once it did reach... it did heavy damage and it was hardly a "damage over time." I view trickster as the best ascendancy for this build because Soulrend plays nicely with cast speed.

2) Bane. I obviously love it. I mention it in the video that it's a 1 stop shop for damage and defense. The aoe is "instant" occultist pops are satisfying and this build functions perfectly as a league starter that doesn't care about map mods. I will be league starting with this build in the 1 month flashback event in solo self found.

3) Stormbrand. Might be the fastest leveler of the bunch. Mechanically top tier in terms of being able to set and forget damage. I would say it's a better mapper by a lot and a better bosser by a little. However I have played this build so many times that I want to mix it up. Also future patch notes might hit several abilities so as a player who wants to be prepared I like having several tools in my toolbox so to speak.

Fortification Doors die to Bane.

Thanks Thi3n for your really helpful answer. I always find it funny watching your videos how you feel 7mins is a long video while you provide detailed written answers. I actually would love to hear you go in more depth cos I just enjoy the way you explain things and break things down :)

What was the main reason you decided to run Occultist instead of Trickster for a bane build? Survivability? Trickster seems to offer better mapping since its faster?

And you mention devouring diadem as a great item for this build. Will that item not be going now that Synthesis is no longer core and if so what item would you replace with?
I'm only seeing +1 Additional Curse, Malediction. Am I missing something or is this intentional? With Despair + Temp Chains + Enfeeble, one would be cut off.

[Edit] I'm blind, Vixen's Entrapment gives you the third one.
Dernière édition par TheFrequency, le 12 mai 2019 17:55:25
Hey Thi3n, you knocked it out of the park with this one. Easily the most fun I've ever had playing a chaos oriented character.

I'm playing in flashback and getting close to 90 but I'm finding that I really cannot run MoM with any sort of constant damage as it results in me running out of mana/ES and then standing there getting beat on.

Diadem isn't quite an option yet for me and I've taken to just not skilling MoM after a few deaths. Any suggestions you'd be able to give me?

I know I don't have spider or cat aspect and currently only running malevolence for my auras. Do I try to fit a clarity in somewhere?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires