[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
kevinbrightblade a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"

Also, here's a suggestion, drop Shaper, Potency of Will and one 6% ES node for six points. Then put them in the left side of the Might of the Meek radius: two intelligence nodes, the right side of the Arcane Guarding wheel, and the right side of the Frost Walker wheel (PoB: https://pastebin.com/BPgvvqLD).

According to my PoB you'd trade:
- 8% ES (from 10 intelligence and the 6% ES node)
- 45% skill duration (do we actually need this?)
- 40% mana regen (a quality of life upgrade)
- 1% ES regen
for:
+ 6% ES (from 30 intelligence)
+ 66% increased damage (55k for me)
+ 60% additional ES from your shield (170 ES for me)

as for the suggested tree, I can't seem to find where I can de-allocate a 6% ES node. but for the sake of the discussion, you are correct that the 6 nodes you have suggested gives about 250 additional ES (for me) + about 75k dps (for me). however just to share, my decision to take potency of will is just a personal preference. for longer fights, it's actually just easier to have the vortex stay there longer. 5.25s vs 3.9s. it just "feels" better. for mana regen, I do need shaper to sustain mana regen. I could take the other mana regen node in the might of the meek radius. at the end of the day, I don't see a need to increase my ES by 250, my dps by 75k. the key is that it's a critical personal preference to maintain the potency of will. otherwise I would agree with you that your allocation would be more beneficial dps and ES wise.

Fair enough. I'm more interested in maxing my single target damage and farming UE than maxing clear speed. Also I was looking at your lvl 92 tree before you hit Path of the Savant, so it wouldn't work anyways.

edit: I might test whether potency of will is really worth it. but my rationale is this, if I unallocate it, I gain maybe 80k dps else where. but I "lose" a "stack" of vortex. consider this, at .85s cooldown and 5.25s duration, I am able to easily cast 5 vortexes (realistically) on overlapping/adjacent spots, and I usually do this when boss is prepping for an attack, or will be stationary etc. that 5 vortexes translate to 1m dps for me over a larger area and for a longer time. also, when dealing with add phases I can just drop vortex and walk around. that additional 1.35s duration (if not even including shaper presence) just means I can cast vortex less (for that position, if it had to be dropped there).

should I drop potency of will (and shaper), I will re-allocate my soul thief passive area (gaining 5sp), use 3sp to complete written in blood (to connect the tree). use the remaining 2+5 sp in the 6 sp you suggested and 1sp in mana regeneration (in MOTM radius) to sustain.

this would give me around 11k ES (+300 more) and more tool tip dps (1.06m vs .98m). but note that duration is useful for fights that the adds/bosses take the full total damage when in vortex. dps is just a rate, at the end of the day, you are also concerned with damage done.

i've mentioned this to another poster, but for you, if you're interesting in getting more dps, refer to below quote:

"consider completing the loop on the right side of your tree via soul thief (2sp). then de-allocate your written in blood connection (free-ing up 3sp). then allocate your remaining sp into the blood of the savant ES wheel (6% vs 5%) or the unnatural calm wheel (also 6%). consider de-allocating the 7sp near Light of Divinity and Holy Dominion. I found that Amplify and Retribution were enough."

for your case, you may re-allocate into spiritual aid (5sp +2sp to connect the tree at the top) - check the dps boost if it's worth.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 26 avr. 2019 02:56:01
"
Deepalertz a écrit :
Alrighty I have put the might of the meek into the the tree seems like I have got some more damage.
Is there anything I am missing now?btw is aspect of the spider count as a curse?

straightforward answer, it's a debuff not a curse.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aspect_of_the_Spider
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :

I might test whether potency of will is really worth it. but my rationale is this, if I unallocate it, I gain maybe 80k dps else where. but I "lose" a "stack" of vortex. consider this, at .85s cooldown and 5.25s duration, I am able to easily cast 5 vortexes (realistically) on the same/overlapping spot, and I usually do this when boss is prepping for an attack, or will be stationary etc. that 5 stacks translate to 5m dps for me at the moment. also, when dealing with add phases I just drop vortex and walk around. that additional 1.35s duration (if not even including shaper presence) just means I can cast vortex less (for that position, if it had to be dropped there).

Vortex don't stack.
However, being able to throw 5 vortex at once can still be usefull to cover very large area in a boss room to take care of side minions.
"
Ashtrey a écrit :
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :

I might test whether potency of will is really worth it. but my rationale is this, if I unallocate it, I gain maybe 80k dps else where. but I "lose" a "stack" of vortex. consider this, at .85s cooldown and 5.25s duration, I am able to easily cast 5 vortexes (realistically) on the same/overlapping spot, and I usually do this when boss is prepping for an attack, or will be stationary etc. that 5 stacks translate to 5m dps for me at the moment. also, when dealing with add phases I just drop vortex and walk around. that additional 1.35s duration (if not even including shaper presence) just means I can cast vortex less (for that position, if it had to be dropped there).

Vortex don't stack.
However, being able to throw 5 vortex at once can still be usefull to cover very large area in a boss room to take care of side minions.

hi ashtrey, thanks for the clarification. I think I worded my response very poorly, will edit it. yes throwing 5 vortex at once to cover a larger area (with some overlaps) is generally useful. having to worry less about recasting them allows you to concentrate more on the fight mechanics as well. I was wrong to say 5m dps. it should be more like 1m dps over 5 times the area. (rather than implying a faster tick rate). previously what I did was run temp chains blasphemy, keeping bosses stuck on the DoT longer. but I think I prefer the idea of placing the vortex down and being able to run around than sticking close to make sure temp chains are applied.
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :
"consider completing the loop on the right side of your tree via soul thief (2sp). then de-allocate your written in blood connection (free-ing up 3sp). then allocate your remaining sp into the blood of the savant ES wheel (6% vs 5%) or the unnatural calm wheel (also 6%). consider de-allocating the 7sp near Light of Divinity and Holy Dominion. I found that Amplify and Retribution were enough."

for your case, you may re-allocate into spiritual aid (5sp +2sp to connect the tree at the top) - check the dps boost if it's worth.

Thanks for the tip, but it looks like you were looking at my lvl 91 character and not the lvl 94 PoB I posted. I was putting points into Foresight and Path of the Savant until I could afford the whole Spiritual Aid arc (cause there's no point taking any of those nodes until you can take all five).

Anywho I hit 92 last night and respecced into Spiritual Aid and Sovereignty.
https://pastebin.com/fkKg5H3B

So now I need to craft my weapon. I have the currency but need to unlock the mods.

Also I'm not going to go dual-curse; my plan is to swap out Orb of Storms for Frostbite in my weapon, and on my aura 4-link drop Enfeeble/Blasphemy/Clarity for Enlighten/Malevolence/Flame Golem/Aspect of the Spider. Should have 150 unreserved mana left over.

For the next two passive points I'm debating between:
1. Light of Divinity and the 16% dmg node at the witch start
2. taking three points away from Written in Blood and repathing through Soul Thief.
3. Getting Shaper for that mana regen and make up for dropping Clarity

I'm thinking that if I pick up a WE with the "faster ES restart from discipline" and "increased mana regen with clarity" then I can add a lvl 1 clarity and not need Shaper. I'd probably replace Arcane Surge with Flame Golem to make room for Clarity in my aura 4-link. Then I'll have to decide between damage (option 1) and ES (option 2).

Does anyone see any problems with this plan? Have a better idea?
Dernière édition par kevinbrightblade, le 26 avr. 2019 10:52:25
"
"
SonsOfKorhal a écrit :

Thanks for the tip, but it looks like you were looking at my lvl 91 character and not the lvl 94 PoB I posted. I was putting points into Foresight and Path of the Savant until I could afford the whole Spiritual Aid arc (cause there's no point taking any of those nodes until you can take all five).

Anywho I hit 92 last night and respecced into Spiritual Aid and Sovereignty.
https://pastebin.com/fkKg5H3B

So now I need to craft my weapon. I have the currency but need to unlock the mods.

Also I'm not going to go dual-curse; my plan is to swap out Orb of Storms for Frostbite in my weapon, and on my aura 4-link drop Enfeeble/Blasphemy/Clarity for Enlighten/Malevolence/Flame Golem/Aspect of the Spider. Should have 150 unreserved mana left over.

For the next two passive points I'm debating between:
1. Light of Divinity and the 16% dmg node at the witch start
2. taking three points away from Written in Blood and repathing through Soul Thief.
3. Getting Shaper for that mana regen and make up for dropping Clarity

I'm thinking that if I pick up a WE with the "faster ES restart from discipline" and "increased mana regen with clarity" then I can add a lvl 1 clarity and not need Shaper. I'd probably replace Arcane Surge with Flame Golem to make room for Clarity in my aura 4-link. Then I'll have to decide between damage (option 1) and ES (option 2).

Does anyone see any problems with this plan? Have a better idea?

you can consider finding crafting services. there are quite a few that are free.

I have about +150% mana regeneration rate. I dont run clarity, sitting at 126 unreserved, .86 CD vortex, 65 mana cost, 55.5 mana regen per s, it's pretty smooth. I also do not run arcane surge.

for WE I'm running +% cold dot while on malevolence. POB's telling me this is about 90-100k dps (9-10%).

am not too sure about the WE with clarity mana regeneration, I think there are better ways to get mana regeneration because that would take up 1 gem slot as well as a precious line on WE. I rather have +increase mana regeneration on an item.

just an update I got a Aul's
and decided to respec away from potency of will and shaper. having no problems with the reduced duration :D
On a quick note: I was helping a friend get his last ascendancy in uber lab when I got by chance the 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently enchant on my boots.

This did solve all my mana problems. I even run Vortex has 30% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed on my helm, which doesn't help at all mind you. Hell, I barely notice no mana regen maps (well actually I do notice... like mid map).

For bosses, I don't drop vortex quite as much, so I don't run out of mana.

This is the best quality of life improvement, ever.
"
Roselan a écrit :
On a quick note: I was helping a friend get his last ascendancy in uber lab when I got by chance the 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently enchant on my boots.

This did solve all my mana problems. I even run Vortex has 30% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed on my helm, which doesn't help at all mind you. Hell, I barely notice no mana regen maps (well actually I do notice... like mid map).

For bosses, I don't drop vortex quite as much, so I don't run out of mana.

This is the best quality of life improvement, ever.

good point. actually many builds with some mana problems also recommend the following enchantment

Regenerate 2% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently

can be considered. just to share, I am currently using these boots.
when hit, they provide me with additional 35 mana per s.
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 26 avr. 2019 18:32:37
Hi,

As i'm getting to the end of these league (last 36th challange on the way), I wanted to share my thoughts on the build. I hope it may help with further progress.

To begin with, I'm currently sitting at 17,7k ES, so much more than anyone sharing so far. With some investment I could make it cross 20k ES. This means, it's quite safe and you can even face Shaper's slam:)

Here're my thoughts, that you can use:

- stack intelligence by getting 40-50 of in on each item. 50 intel = 10% increased energy shield so those are 2 nodes from passive tree! I'm currently sitting at 868 intelligence, so it's a huge boost to my ES

- don't forget about regeneration, as it really helps in the longer fights. My usual regen is currently at ~1400/s (700 standing, 1000 runnig, ~1400 when being hit). Regeneration scales with ES, so the more ES you have, the more sustainable ES is.

- use boots with 2% regeneration of mana/life when hit

- use phasing , but not only from skill, but also from other sources. I'm using jewels that give me 6-7% chance to phase on kill combined with energy shield and regeneration on the move . This allows me to run through mobs all the time and be much safer.

- Enfeeble as aura greatly improves survivability while mapping and delving. For guardians/stronger bosses change it to Malevolence

- you can use Frostbite instead of storm bomb in trigger combo from weapon

Here's the link to my characted (nothing set in PoB - just imported as it is, so no Discipline on etc).

https://pastebin.com/QURjMP9F

And here's my gear:

Good luck!
Dernière édition par ziuteczek123456, le 27 avr. 2019 03:52:00
"
ziuteczek123456 a écrit :
Hi,

As i'm getting to the end of these league (last 36th challange on the way), I wanted to share my thoughts on the build. I hope it may help with further progress.

To begin with, I'm currently sitting at 17,7k ES, so much more than anyone sharing so far. With some investment I could make it cross 20k ES. This means, it's quite safe and you can even face Shaper's slam:)

Here're my thoughts, that you can use:

- stack intelligence by getting 40-50 of in on each item. 50 intel = 10% increased energy shield so those are 2 nodes from passive tree! I'm currently sitting at 868 intelligence, so it's a huge boost to my ES

- don't forget about regeneration, as it really helps in the longer fights. My usual regen is currently at ~1400/s (700 standing, 1000 runnig, ~1400 when being hit). Regeneration scales with ES, so the more ES you have, the more sustainable ES is.

- use boots with 2% regeneration of mana/life when hit

- use phasing , but not only from skill, but also from other sources. I'm using jewels that give me 6-7% chance to phase on kill combined with energy shield and regeneration on the move . This allows me to run through mobs all the time and be much safer.

- you can use Frostbite instead of storm bomb in trigger combo from weapon

Here's the link to my characted (nothing set in PoB - just imported as it is, so no Discipline on etc).

https://pastebin.com/QURjMP9F

And here's my gear:

Good luck!

holy shit that's a shit ton of ES. I played around with your POB I think your regeneration is like 2k when hit+block. and you're sitting around 600k shaper dps? that's a very nice balance. this is like a HC variant haha.

and damn that shield is sexy. and I like the cinderswallow
Dernière édition par SonsOfKorhal, le 27 avr. 2019 01:02:14

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires