[3.15] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
Haker10201 a écrit :
Spoiler

Is this a good enough bow to start investing in? The life gain and lightning res might be nice (I'm already res capped, but when I upgrade it'll give me more leeway when finding gear), but how much would it suffer if I don't try to go for attack speed or something instead? In the example gear you have, you have a ton more mods for damage, so should I aim for that instead? I'm currently using a Lioneye's 5link and I've only got one watchstone, so I don't necessarily need to start using this bow ASAP, but at the same time, if it's that much of an upgrade, maybe I should?

If you have one watchstone then you should already know that you don't need an upgrade your bow just yet. I specifically have progression section to guide you.

Do you go for budget version of elder bow or expensive one? It's your choice. I don't know how much money you earn.

Attack speed simply makes you faster, which increases survivability and and damage if you can squeeze at least that one extra attack thanks to it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL a écrit :

If you have one watchstone then you should already know that you don't need an upgrade your bow just yet. I specifically have progression section to guide you.

Do you go for budget version of elder bow or expensive one? It's your choice. I don't know how much money you earn.

Attack speed simply makes you faster, which increases survivability and and damage if you can squeeze at least that one extra attack thanks to it.

Ah right, despite following the leveling section as if it were my own personal bible, I got to maps and complete forgot it existed haha. Looks like I need to buy a coil first!

As for upgrading it, I'm going with the budget method. I currently have 4ex and 31 chaos so I'm not too rich, but I do have a little bit of cash. Coil's are going for 300 chaos right now though, and EX's are still only ~82c each, so buying one is going to drain all of my funding, not to mention I have to buy pretty much all of my other gear to compensate for the resistances I lose out on by swapping the belt, so it looks like I'm still pretty far from being able to finish the bow.

When I do go to finish it though, what do you recommend? Is the only thing that's mandatory the "60% chance for bleed..."? The guide says to continue as long as you don't hit a prefix, and the one I crafted has 1 prefix (the bleed) and 2 suffixes, so I should be good to craft the rest of the mods on it right? Or, since I'm still really far from being able to use it, is it better to just scour it and try to roll better suffixes?

Also if it helps, I'm a fairly new player, I've only been playing since about two weeks before Harvest ended. I don't really know how to make money yet, and all of my money has come mostly from currency drops and the chaos recipe. I'm working on learning how to make more currency, and this build is absolutely helping in that regard, but I'm still at the phase where I get an ex drop and I feel as if I've won the lottery lol.
Dernière édition par Haker10201, le 26 sept. 2020 15:45:48
"
Haker10201 a écrit :
"
DankawSL a écrit :

Ah right, despite following the leveling section as if it were my own personal bible, I got to maps and complete forgot it existed haha. Looks like I need to buy a coil first!

As for upgrading it, I'm going with the budget method. I currently have 4ex and 31 chaos so I'm not too rich, but I do have a little bit of cash. Coil's are going for 300 chaos right now though, and EX's are still only ~82c each, so buying one is going to drain all of my funding, not to mention I have to buy pretty much all of my other gear to compensate for the resistances I lose out on by swapping the belt, so it looks like I'm still pretty far from being able to finish the bow.

When I do go to finish it though, what do you recommend? Is the only thing that's mandatory the "60% chance for bleed..."? The guide says to continue as long as you don't hit a prefix, and the one I crafted has 1 prefix (the bleed) and 2 suffixes, so I should be good to craft the rest of the mods on it right? Or, since I'm still really far from being able to use it, is it better to just scour it and try to roll better suffixes?

Also if it helps, I'm a fairly new player, I've only been playing since about two weeks before Harvest ended. I don't really know how to make money yet, and all of my money has come mostly from currency drops and the chaos recipe. I'm working on learning how to make more currency, and this build is absolutely helping in that regard, but I'm still at the phase where I get an ex drop and I feel as if I've won the lottery lol.

I've played over 3,000 hours, i still feel pretty good when i find exalts :).

I think the chaos recipe can be useful when getting into endgame, but beyond that it's pretty time consuming. Good to ID items, and trade ones to players that have decent mods (this takes time to learn).
"
agm_ultimatex a écrit :

I've played over 3,000 hours, i still feel pretty good when i find exalts :).

I think the chaos recipe can be useful when getting into endgame, but beyond that it's pretty time consuming. Good to ID items, and trade ones to players that have decent mods (this takes time to learn).

Haha, glad to hear the magic never dies off!

It's pretty much the main way I earn my currency, outside of lucky drops that sell for a lot, and EX drops. I've been dabbling with learning which items sell for a lot, but it's all super complicated, and most of the time something I think looks worth a lot isn't worth anything so I end up vendoring it. I plan on trying to research more about it once I get to A4 at least, cause I imagine it'll be more profitable with higher ilvl gear
Hi, what could I use in my ensnaring arrow setup instead of hextouch + vulnerability if I have vulnerability on my ring?
"
Haker10201 a écrit :
Spoiler

Fitting in coil is definitely annoying, that's why it's better to do it now than later. This way you already plan your good gear with Coil in mind. It's still a massive damage upgrade, even tho belt gives much less than 100% bleed damage bow does. Thing is that bow not only should be more expensive (depends on market), but most of the time you also use Lioneye's Glare before so you lose very high attack speed bow and 100% accuracy in case of this build. Both synergize well with Ryslatha's Coil to increase it's damage effectiveness.

You're doing amazing for a new player. 4 ex while still in white maps is a bank in my opinion.

Crafting methods are set up in a way that you follow every step to the letter. You didn't hit a prefix? Good, next step. If you follow budget method then other mods don't really matter much. You're there for 100% bleed damage mod, that's it. Want better bow? Then follow Fossil / Alt -> Regal method.

Dropping an exalt usually scares me out. Sudden and loud Shaper's voice always gets me.

"
dRosenHammer a écrit :
Hi, what could I use in my ensnaring arrow setup instead of hextouch + vulnerability if I have vulnerability on my ring?

Mirage Archer, Maim. You can also add gems to other setups. It's up to you.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Amazing guide man!
Finally decided to give it a try and started this as my semi-ssf first character on a friendly private league.

Its awesome ! Got my first Awakener kill ever!

A bit tricky to to find gear for upgrades, guesion about the bow, is the craft itself strong enough to work with some bench crafted phys/atk speed to provide best DPS ? Or will high pDPS bow be better? Does PoB calculate this elder craft properly ?
Lost almost all my currency and got only this, no idea if I should recraft it or try to solve it somehow:

Also, made a video if you want to attach it to you links, some no-commentary end-game mapping :)

https://youtu.be/YTEY9iPjwcg
;>
"
Matrielx a écrit :
Amazing guide man!
Finally decided to give it a try and started this as my semi-ssf first character on a friendly private league.

Its awesome ! Got my first Awakener kill ever!

A bit tricky to to find gear for upgrades, guesion about the bow, is the craft itself strong enough to work with some bench crafted phys/atk speed to provide best DPS ? Or will high pDPS bow be better? Does PoB calculate this elder craft properly ?
Lost almost all my currency and got only this, no idea if I should recraft it or try to solve it somehow:

Also, made a video if you want to attach it to you links, some no-commentary end-game mapping :)

https://youtu.be/YTEY9iPjwcg

Adds lightning damage is a prefix. So you won't be able to craft adds physical damage to attack AND %increased physical. Making the pDPS too low for it to be worthwhile. Also Decimation isn't the best base, has both lower attack speed and lower damage than for example citadel. I'd keep rolling and preferably try to find a new base, you might also try to annul the lightning damage if it's SSF and resources are scarce.
Dernière édition par Ridman, le 27 sept. 2020 16:16:47
Reading the guide on the first page, it mentions that Grace isn't as effective in the endgame. This is more of a broader question, but why is that? Is this true for other defenses like armor, block, life/es? I know that more armor & more evasion has diminished returns. With evasion is this due to high level monster hit chance?
"
agm_ultimatex a écrit :
Reading the guide on the first page, it mentions that Grace isn't as effective in the endgame. This is more of a broader question, but why is that? Is this true for other defenses like armor, block, life/es? I know that more armor & more evasion has diminished returns. With evasion is this due to high level monster hit chance?

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but by the time you hit maps/ get a decent Kintsugi, you already have so much evasion that the extra little bit you get from grace doesn't make up for having to lose out on the damage you get from Malevolence (as both auras have 50% mana reservation, so you can only use one). Here's some likely uneducated numbers:

Spoiler

With Kintsugi equiupped, 120% increased evasion roll, level 90 with only the life nodes left to get, without Grace:

Evasion Rating: 5105
Estimated chance to evade attacks: 27%
Chance to dodge attacks: 40%
Chance to dodge spells: 30%

With Grace (level 17, 1914 evasion added):

Evasion Rating: 8814
Estimated chance to evade attacks: 39%
Chance to dodge attacks: 40%
Chance to dodge spells: 30%

That might look like a big difference, but that isn't taking potions into consideration

Potions active, without Grace:

Evasion Rating: 14299
Estimated chance to evade attacks: 50%
Chance to dodge attacks: 50%
Chance to dodge spells: 40%

Potions active, with Grace:

Evasion Rating: 19157
Estimated chance to evade attacks: 56%
Chance to dodge attacks: 50%
Chance to dodge spells: 40%

6% isn't really a huge difference considering you have 50% without Grace active

Now lets look at my damage with Malevolence active:

Without Malevolence:

Bleeding DPS from Main Hand: 1018.2 - 3563.8
Bleeding DPS from MH Crit: 1422.3 - 4978

With Malevolence:

Bleeding DPS from Main Hand: 1221.9 - 4276.5
Bleeding DPS from MH Crit: 1706.7 - 5973.5

So yea, as the tooltip says, ~20% more damage that you'd be sacrificing for just a 6% more chance to dodge (when you're already dodging half of the time anyways). Kintsugi by itself is more than enough to compensate for not running Grace anymore, and it allows you to run extra damage which is always a plus.

Hope that helps, assuming I'm right lol

"
DankawSL a écrit :
Spoiler

Fitting in coil is definitely annoying, that's why it's better to do it now than later. This way you already plan your good gear with Coil in mind. It's still a massive damage upgrade, even tho belt gives much less than 100% bleed damage bow does. Thing is that bow not only should be more expensive (depends on market), but most of the time you also use Lioneye's Glare before so you lose very high attack speed bow and 100% accuracy in case of this build. Both synergize well with Ryslatha's Coil to increase it's damage effectiveness.

You're doing amazing for a new player. 4 ex while still in white maps is a bank in my opinion.

Crafting methods are set up in a way that you follow every step to the letter. You didn't hit a prefix? Good, next step. If you follow budget method then other mods don't really matter much. You're there for 100% bleed damage mod, that's it. Want better bow? Then follow Fossil / Alt -> Regal method.

Dropping an exalt usually scares me out. Sudden and loud Shaper's voice always gets me.

Yea that makes a lot of sense. I don't really know how I'm going to get one though, considering the price of EX's are tanking rapidly for some unknown reason, and I really don't want to sell for anything less than 85 if I don't have to, and they're down to 77-75 as of writing this post lol. I might just do heists for the next couple days, because I should get enough raw chaos drops + jewelry for chaos recipe to get what I need for the belt, unless I can find a good one that's trading for EX instead of chaos. Plus, I'd much rather save the EX so I can spend it on the bow lol.

Thanks! I'm not really that good though, I'm just burning through my RNG for the league really early on. I got all 4 ex as random drops, one from a heist, two from maps <t5, and one from the temple of Atziri. As for money I've earned, I'd probably say it's somewhere in the 250~300c range? Most of that was from a tip a friend gave me, the rest is from chaos recipe + selling items. I've still got a really long way to go before I know how to properly make money in this game lol, but it's super fun learning.

Thanks again for the advice! I think I will upgrade this bow I have, even if it's not perfect, it should help push me deeper into red maps, and from there bossing and beyond. I'm up to tier 12 maps right now, but I keep dying because I'm still using a tabula's, so my main priority atm is getting a 6link on my Kintsugi's, cause that should help quite a bit!

Sorry for the walls of text, I type too much sometimes lol, but I really appreciate the help, and I absolutely adore this build! It's only the 3rd build I've ran so far, but it's without question the most effective one I've played, and it's really helping me understand how things work in this game lol. Plus, your leveling section was immaculate. It made leveling a breeze, and it was super easy to follow haha

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires