[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

"
BaKouneT a écrit :
As I can fit a banner in the build I was looking for explanation about war banner, dread banner, impale and its interaction with generosity.

War banner :
around 9% more damages according to PoB
Accuracy bonus is irelevant
Stack only on self kill (which can be hard to max even with Cull Tempest Shield)

Dread Banner :
Stack on hit
Give 3% evade chance (6% when placed)
Double fortify effect (40%) for 50 sec when placed
Gives 20% impale chance to you and your minion.

Sadly I couldn't find anything conclusive about how Impale works.

Let me explain from what I got : our hit and our minions have chance to impale.
Then the next 5 hits will make 10% of the physical damages of the impaling hit.

20% chance of the banner, then 5 hit. For simplification let's say every hit (not counting the first one of a fight) will get that bonus.

As physical damages represent 40% of our HoA damages, it would mean 4% MORE damages.
If the impaling hit calculated is on of the HoA.

So it is twice less than war banner, BUT it also gives an useful defensive boost when placed AND it is easy to stack, opposed to war banner.

But the problem is : is the impaling hit taken in account for next HoA attacks would be one of HoA's or ours? Because if it ours, it sucks as we do no damages. And as we hit more often than him, probabilities are against his DPS if so.

Is the impale stacking? We impaled, he impaled, next hit will proc the increase damage of our two impaling hit.
In that case, then no conflicting problem.
And in fact, if our hits proc his impale effect, it might even better than supposed.

And how generosity impact all that? Does it prevent us to impale (solving case 1) or doesn't it as it seems generosity and banner way of interacting is unclear according to various post I read.

I'm asking here, because an answer might help other people using this build as well.

From the wiki: When a hit applies impale to a target, 10% of that hit's physical damage is recorded before any damage mitigation is applied. Impale deals the recorded damage to that target each time it is hit.

So if you are using Dread Banner that means that both our attacks and the crawlers attacks has a chance to apply a impaled stack on the target. As we basically don't do any damage ourselves can we disregard the stacks that we apply. When the minion applies a stack however it will be effective. An impale stack that the crawler applies will deal 10% of the physical attack damage, of the attack that applied the impale debuff, the following 5 times the target gets hit (by us, the cralwer, or any other ally).

According to PoB roughly 35% of the damage dealt in the recommended gear setup is physical damage (with the rest being Chaos and Cold damage). To make the math easy lets say that the minions average hit is 100k, which would make the physical damage part 35k. There's a 20% chance of each attack applying an impaled debuff, which over time (or rather over the following 5 hits) will give that attack the base damage plus 50% more physical damage added from the impale. Dread Banner also increases the effect of impale by 19%. Thus we get 35k*(1+(0.2*(0.5*1.19)))=39.165k

The hit would thus go up from 100k to 104.165k on average, an increase of 4.165%.

Compare this to the War Banner. War banner have nearby enemies take 11% increased physical damage. That'd take the 35k phys to 38.85k, which would make the total 103.85k dmg. An increase of 3.85%. However you also need to include the 59% increased accuracy that you get from the War Banner. So in terms of damage you'll most likely end up with more damage from the War Banner.

Even if you'll net a bit more damage with a War Banner, the other effects gained from the Dread Banner makes it the winner of the two in my opinion. Nearby Enemies have (15-21)% less Accuracy Rating works great in combination with the Blind that we apply to bleeding enemies (as long as you don't pick up unwavering stance), and the increased effect of fortify while the banner is planted is another nice bonus. Remember that you are still required to have another source of Fortify, as you'll only be granted fortify for 2.5s when planting the banner at 50 stages.

I hope this cleared up how Impale works. Feel free to ask again if there is some point I need to elaborate further on.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
Spoiler
Hi,thank you for this great build.I have a question about our usage of elemental equilibrium.In high budget PoB we use Hatred and fire damage on our claw.Doesn't that make monsters only vulnerable to Lightning damage and have +25 more resist to cold & fire because we get added cold damage to cyclone from hatred and added fire damage from our claw?Thank you.

EDIT:Found the answer.Since we use Hatred with Generosity support that makes Hatred effect only our pet and doesn't give us added cold damage.
Dernière édition par deviltoist, le 25 mars 2019 16:36:50
Spoiler

Quite fun build, guardians go down fast enough but I'm still afraid to attempt uber elder. Any suggestions? I kinda went all over the place with the gem links.
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st a écrit :
Spoiler

Quite fun build, guardians go down fast enough but I'm still afraid to attempt uber elder. Any suggestions? I kinda went all over the place with the gem links.

I think the next two items you should upgrade are your boots and your weapon. You should be able to get more life on a similar pair of boots without paying too much. As for a new weapon. I'd recommend throwing a couple of fossils with Jagged+Bound and see if you can get at least two of the following mods:
  • 10% chance to Intimidate on hit
  • Minions deal 70%+ increased damage
  • +XX life gained on hit against blinded enemies

I'd also try to get a Research Safehouse with Vorici inside and use his bench on your body armour. If you can hit one of your blue sockets with a white you'll be able to use a 5th dmg support for bossing, instead of Minion Speed.

You'll also get a nice damage boost if you can afford a 21/20 HoAg gem.

That said. With some practice you should be able to beat über elder with the gear you currently have. You shouldn't be afraid of not killing him on your first set. It is the hardest encounter in the game after all, many of us have bricked a few sets trying to kill him.
Builds:
Hi, thank for the great build. One question, how do you deal with new league zones ? Im using leap jump with sword.. but im loosing lots of stats. Also thinking to use FlameDash + claws. But dont know.
"
Dhula a écrit :
Hi, thank for the great build. One question, how do you deal with new league zones ? Im using leap jump with sword.. but im loosing lots of stats. Also thinking to use FlameDash + claws. But dont know.

Flame Dash should do the trick for you. Even by itself it is a pretty good movement skill. You can also give Charged Dash a try, even if I personally never has enjoyed it as a movement skill.
Builds:
I just wanted to say thank you for the build, it's fantastic. I just killed my first Shaper ever and could easily do all maps with it.
Any tips on how to get the right colours on calamity?

Or is just a case of luck?

I've tried different combinations (1 G and 1 R, 2 G, etc.), but no luck.
"
Victor_Batata a écrit :
I just wanted to say thank you for the build, it's fantastic. I just killed my first Shaper ever and could easily do all maps with it.

Thanks. I'm glad that you've enjoyed the build and that it has worked out well for you.

"
Truppensturm a écrit :
Any tips on how to get the right colours on calamity?

Or is just a case of luck?

I've tried different combinations (1 G and 1 R, 2 G, etc.), but no luck.

I believe that 1g+1r is the cheapest way of getting the desired colours, you can check with the Vorici calculator. It is still requires a lot on average if you're going for 5 off-colours. If you have the option to farm some syndicates then you can go for 4 off-colours and then use the Vorici bench at research for 1-3 white sockets.
Builds:
With the body armor Craiceanns Carapace this build is a decent labrunner too.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires