[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

Hey! Idk if this has been posted before, there's a lot of pages.
Can this build do chayula?
I'm playing it in HC and there are no Red Nightmares for sale I'm thinking of farming one myself eventually.
Is it doable with my gear?

Edit: Died :( (dont mess with cast-speed phoenix) but managed to do every shaper guardian and shaper himself before doing so in HC, the build is really strong
Dernière édition par gpabuser, le 26 déc. 2018 14:31:09
Okay I made another helm and I think this is for really real the last one I need or will do.

Also I finally hit the nearly ideal claw.

Pretty much the only thing I have left to want is to find 10 intelligence somewhere so I can have a more ideal jewel on the int jewel I had to slot (which wasn't really a DPS loss, anyways - I gave up 5% on a jewel for 15% IAS on the weapon).
Dernière édition par Thukker, le 26 déc. 2018 16:30:44
This build has been working great for me with Molten Strike as the trigger (MS does almost no damage... but it applies so many poison stacks that the critter just facerolls everything, so it doesn't matter). I'm playing SSF and haven't found an Essence Worm yet so I've just been running HoA and HoP, but I was thinking of switching to Hatred/EE as it seems like the standout choice.

But I started looking at profiles on poe.ninja to see how people with Coming Calamity but without Essence Worm were handling the 95% mana reserved, and to my surprise.... it seems like they're not doing anything to reduce the reservation at all. Is the game really playable with 95% reserved? It seems like it would be too clunky but maybe I'm missing something. It wouldn't be hard for me to pick up the Sovereignty node but I guess I don't have to if 95% is really okay.
"
Thukker a écrit :
Okay I made another helm and I think this is for really real the last one I need or will do.

Pretty much the only thing I have left to want is to find 10 intelligence somewhere so I can have a more ideal jewel on the int jewel I had to slot (which wasn't really a DPS loss, anyways - I gave up 5% on a jewel for 15% IAS on the weapon).

I'm trying to make the same helmet, finally got the enchant for cheap and now I just need to stop spending my jaggeds on my elder claw. Is that just jagged/pristine? Trying to make a claw with +40 life on hitting blinded targets with poison chance and intimidate but no luck so far. Likely because I'm after 3 specific suffixes and that LoH against blinded targets is so damn rare.

One thing I'm a bit confused on is weapon range. How much does it expand the radius of cyclone? With the new crafting bench and +1 range at level 21 cyclone I don't know if it's worth it and its expensive to try to find out.
"
Geabr a écrit :
Just got my 1st shaper kill in a while using this build on BHC, it is truly amazing thank you! No insane gear investment either!

Congratulations to the shaper kill! I'm glad that the build has worked out for you

"
davc1234567890 a écrit :
great build im doing this build on BHC a bit different

Thank you. How far have you been able to get with your setup?

"
BenN1ce a écrit :
Does 1% attack damage per block chance affect Agony Crawler? I assume it does not?

The crawler is untargetable so hp/res/block does not affect it.

"
Hey! Idk if this has been posted before, there's a lot of pages.
Can this build do chayula?
I'm playing it in HC and there are no Red Nightmares for sale I'm thinking of farming one myself eventually.
Is it doable with my gear?

Edit: Died :( (dont mess with cast-speed phoenix) but managed to do every shaper guardian and shaper himself before doing so in HC, the build is really strong

Condolences on your RIP. Phoenix can be a real bastard at times :(

As for your question. Chayula shouldn't present any issues for the build as long as you have positive chaos resistance. I'll most likely run a Pure Chayula Breach stone in a while, so then I'll take the opportunity and record it as well.

"
Thukker a écrit :

I wouldn't mind some of that life on my own helmet ;)

I'm trying to craft a 2nd claw for myself as well. I'm currently sitting with:
which was the best result from ~40 resonators. What I'm aiming for is

Prefix: Minion Damage + Chance to Poison (craftable)
Suffix: Intimidate + LGoH against blinded enemies + AS (if I hit the rest then I'll settle for the 20% crafted one)

No easy feat to hit 4-5 affixes, but I'll continue to do it when I've spare chaos to burn

"
fnurt a écrit :
This build has been working great for me with Molten Strike as the trigger (MS does almost no damage... but it applies so many poison stacks that the critter just facerolls everything, so it doesn't matter). I'm playing SSF and haven't found an Essence Worm yet so I've just been running HoA and HoP, but I was thinking of switching to Hatred/EE as it seems like the standout choice.

But I started looking at profiles on poe.ninja to see how people with Coming Calamity but without Essence Worm were handling the 95% mana reserved, and to my surprise.... it seems like they're not doing anything to reduce the reservation at all. Is the game really playable with 95% reserved? It seems like it would be too clunky but maybe I'm missing something. It wouldn't be hard for me to pick up the Sovereignty node but I guess I don't have to if 95% is really okay.

When playing with MS you should be able to run with 95% mana reserved without any issues at all, especially since you do have a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit already. Cyclone can be harder to sustain, so for my char this league I've gone with hatred+generosity+enlighten to have a bit more mana unreserved (although I could probably drop the enlighten as I've started to swap fortify for blood magic while mapping).

I am in the process of taking notes for a update to the build guide, and among the changes will be the removal of HoP. Thus you can drop it in favour of Hatred without any concern.

"
Malrockk a écrit :

I'm trying to make the same helmet, finally got the enchant for cheap and now I just need to stop spending my jaggeds on my elder claw. Is that just jagged/pristine? Trying to make a claw with +40 life on hitting blinded targets with poison chance and intimidate but no luck so far. Likely because I'm after 3 specific suffixes and that LoH against blinded targets is so damn rare.

One thing I'm a bit confused on is weapon range. How much does it expand the radius of cyclone? With the new crafting bench and +1 range at level 21 cyclone I don't know if it's worth it and its expensive to try to find out.

For my claw I've been running with Jagged (intimidate) + Bound (minion dmg) + Corroded (remove all elemental roll). It is a very specific claw to craft, yet at least there's the option to either craft AS or Poison on it depending on what is missing on it.

You can spam a good helmet with Jagged (or Abberant if you run out, it'll be a similar dps increase if you run Wither), along with Pristine's to get those extra life rolls.

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Helmet&an=str_armour is always a good resource when you want to go fossil crafting. Experiment between the fossils and you can see what mods that will be available.
Builds:
[3.6] 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2218039/
[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/
I have been using your build as a baseline for my second character in Betrayal SC. It's surprisingly smooth, but I've made some improvements to suit it better to my liking. First and most important, this weapon:

It doesn't have the best attack speed, it doesn't have the juicy 20% poison roll. But it has the most important mod crafted on it, for just 3c. It allows me to automatically refresh my Tempest Shield (which, despite the patch notes is still not instant and thus cannot be cast while using Cyclone or Blade Flurry) as well as constantly cast Spirit Offering, which gives my minion roughly 30-35% more dps. Since Desecrate was buffed to only have 3 second cooldown, and the crafted mod applies it's own 4 second cooldown it allows me to have 5 corpses up every 4 seconds, forever. This then can be used to apply 4.5 second Offering skill, giving me a permanent damage boost, against bosses, without having to stop or press any buttons. The downside is that I have a lot of giblets in my hideout.

The second change is where I have my Herald socketed - the helmet:

With the Elder mod supporting socketed skills by Minion Damage Support and baseline mod of +2 to socketed minion gems it is on par with 5l Coming Calamity, falling behind only in the 4-5 levels of MDS you can squeeze in. It does increase my mana reservation to 51% (too much to not use Essence Worm for my Determination). In turn though, it is substantially cheaper and allows me to use a chestpiece with life rolls on it. It would only be beat in terms of damage by a 6l Coming Calamity, which would cost about 10 exalts when you consider the desired colours. While this particular one costed me 50 chaos, you can easily get a +1 for below 10 chaos, provided you have a level 20 Herald gem.

The full gear with all the adjustments I had to make, in case you're interested:

The next step would be to 5l my chest, put the Blade Flurry in there and drop the current gloves, for ones with just the 5% block chance, which should open up a lot of space for life/resistance rolls. From there, it's Red Nightmare or bust.
"
Tahreyn a écrit :

"
Malrockk a écrit :

For my claw I've been running with Jagged (intimidate) + Bound (minion dmg) + Corroded (remove all elemental roll). It is a very specific claw to craft, yet at least there's the option to either craft AS or Poison on it depending on what is missing on it.

You can spam a good helmet with Jagged (or Abberant if you run out, it'll be a similar dps increase if you run Wither), along with Pristine's to get those extra life rolls.

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Helmet&an=str_armour is always a good resource when you want to go fossil crafting. Experiment between the fossils and you can see what mods that will be available.

Thanks.

Because % to poison is a suffix I figured the %chance to poison craft was as well, thus making my dream claw of intimidate, LGoH against blinded, IAS, and % to poison a possibility. Low chance to get those but it's a dream item for a reason.

Was able to hit 3 out of 4 so I'll run with that for now and work on the LGoH against blinded enemies later. Also snagged a pair of gloves with block, faster attacks and poison support so I can fit in the withering touch support on cyclone.

I'm currently running fortify on my cyclone but is there a better gem I can use for damage? Maim seems like a minor upgrade since we already maim for 10%.

"I am in the process of taking notes for a update to the build guide, and among the changes will be the removal of HoP. Thus you can drop it in favour of Hatred without any concern.

You can spam a good helmet with Jagged (or Abberant if you run out, it'll be a similar dps increase if you run Wither), along with Pristine's to get those extra life rolls."

This is my first time getting into crafting in PoE. Is there a certain ilvl you look for on the helm/claw before using fossils? Looking forward to the update on the build. Saw you using a different shield than the reccommended and i'd prefer using hatred myself over HoP. Started the league with a different build and actually have currency to do some stuff with for once so I was thinking of trying this build as it looked interesting. Also saw one that used dancing duo in addition to herald of agony so not sure which i'll go with yet but this one seems like it might be safer lol.

"
Constermock a écrit :

This is my first time getting into crafting in PoE. Is there a certain ilvl you look for on the helm/claw before using fossils? Looking forward to the update on the build. Saw you using a different shield than the reccommended and i'd prefer using hatred myself over HoP. Started the league with a different build and actually have currency to do some stuff with for once so I was thinking of trying this build as it looked interesting. Also saw one that used dancing duo in addition to herald of agony so not sure which i'll go with yet but this one seems like it might be safer lol.

You want the item to be high enough to roll the mods you want. You are fine going higher, but bases with higher ilvls tend to get more expensive and there are more mods that you can roll that you don't want.

As he mentioned above http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php is a great website to use for crafting with fossils. Select the item and base type you are using, then play around with fossil selections and see what you can add or remove from the pool. If you click on a modifier it will show you every level, the stats of each level and the ilvl required.

So if you were making a claw, you click 1h weapon then select claw. Look through the stats and pick a few you want to aim for. Say you want % chance to poison and attack speed. Intimidate is from a jagged fossil and has no level requirement, so the ilvl doesn't matter. IAS has a lot of levels, with tier 1 requiring level 77, so you want a claw that is at least level 77.

Where it gets interesting with fossils is not only what mods they make more likely, but also what they block entirely. The chance to poison roll is a suffix, but ideally we want 3 other suffixes on the claw instead(intimidate, attack speed, and life on hit against blinded enemies). If you look at what a jagged fossil does, it says "more physical modifiers", but it also says "no chaos modifiers". So if you use a jagged fossil you can remove all poison and chaos resist mods from the pool when you roll the item.

Fossil crafting is very powerful, and can give some great results, but it's also rng so be prepared to spend a lot of currency trying to get what you want and figure out when it's better to use more fossils to block more and when you just want to spam cheap ones and hope it goes well.
Been playing this build. Very solid. Killed uber elder several times (6?) - it's very easy compared to every other build I've done it on since you can basically face tank most of it apart from beam/degens. Did all of them in 0 or 1 deaths. Killed Chayula for first time (and I face tanked his whirlwind like it was nothing).

Excellent build.

Couple notes:

(1) The new crafting opens up a lot of options on your weapon/jewels. Crafting 20% poison chance/phys hybrid means you'll be capped without any jewels. You can also craft minion speed which is a big bump. I opted for the poison chance (i technically only have 19% so i'm at 99% poison chance).

(2) Minion speed is king on any HoA build. It's really nice quality of life for mapping and I'd highly recommend your jewels have it if possible. You can always swap to minion dmg for bosses.

(3) The vorici laboratory white socket bench makes it easier to get the colors on Coming Calamity. Then just do the vorici socket method for last 2-3 sockets.

(4) I corrupted a ton of lioneye's this league but never got it. There are a couple other good options such as Phys taken as elemental - an 8% roll is on par to a 1% max block; ~6% (8*0.75) of phy mitigated versus 5.6% (1/(100-82)) of all damage mitigated); you'll take more ele damage, but usually that isn't as much of a problem. A 5 or 6% max life corruption isn't too bad either.

(5) Starkonja's helps a lot of with dex requirements. They're also pretty common for sale (i actually enchanted this myself which inspired me to do this build). 66 dex and 56 dex are the cutoffs for hitting dex requirement without any other equipment/jewels if you pick up the +20dex/int Versatility (66 dex lets you swap the 10dex to str near southern jewel). Unfortunately my starkonja's is 65dex.

And for Chayula I just popped on these two rings, dropped HoP, put hatred+enlighten lvl 4 in the white socket on weapon:

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires