[3.5] Blade Flurry Elementalist. One tap the entire screen [Inpulsa+3Dragons] + Full video guide

(^chains on full mf setup on t14 map)

Watch me live at www.twitch.tv/SOMAYD

INPULSA SURVIVED 3.5 BUILD IS STILL GREAT, I'LL BE STARTING BETRAYAL WITH THIS BUILD IN SSF

Full video guide
Spoiler

Hey foaks,

My name is SOMAYD and this is my first ever written guide on the forums.

Like most of us in this Witch section, I've played and enjoyed a triple heralds Blade Vortex during Incursion League, but it turns out that you can make almost anything work with Elementalist and I LOVE Blade Flurry!

I'd like to thank Venrue for giving me the idea to try out The Inpulsa + The Three Dragons interaction.

Pros:
- Can clear all content without much effort or crazy expensive gear
- Clear up to 4 screens in one tap
- Rather cheap to get going, can still progress though maps without Inpulsa
- Overall better defenses than Blade Vortex (easy access to leech and life gained on hit)
- Decent league starter for experienced players
- Good for Delving (reached 600+ with the bossing setup)

Cons:
- Beacon of Ruin is laggy as hell (laggier on BV than BF though!)
- Not the most beginner friendly build out there
- Needs a few semi-expensive items to reach maximum potential, also Inpulsa's got more expensive in 3.5
- Is not nerf proof

Understanding THE interaction
Spoiler
Click here for a quick explanation video I made.

Note: adding Cold to Fire to your Herald of Ice (while wearing The Three Dragons) will make these chains even longer than shown in the GIF.

Path of Building
Spoiler
Red maps, bosses, hard end-game content:
https://pastebin.com/7Lx2G7d7

Magic find:
https://pastebin.com/tbVXDSr4

If you don't know what Path of building is:
Spoiler
https://github.com/Openarl/PathOfBuilding/releases

Download, install and run the program > New > Import/Export Build > Import with Pastebin > copy one of the pastebin links above and paste it > Import > Import
This way you can view the tree, skills, items and more!

Note: when copying the link make sure there are no spaces in front or at the end, otherwise it won't load.

End-game trees

Gems
Spoiler

6l Blade Flurry - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Added Lightning Damage - Hypothermia - Lightning Penetration - Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect

For 5l drop Lightning Penetration

4l Herald of Ice - Cold to Fire - Ice Bite - Increased Area of effect

2l Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call

3l Hearld of Thunder - Arctic Armour - Onslaught

3l Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Summon Lightning Golem Blood Rage Vaal Haste

Note: Drop Arctic Armour until you get your uber lab.

Gear
Spoiler
Core uniques

Note: Don't use Three Dragons before getting an Inpulsa, it'll make your shatters feel flaccid. If you don't have a good rare helmet to fill in resistances, try getting a decently rolled Skullhead.

Weapon
Spoiler
We don't need much on a weapon, I've killed Uber Elder several times with this bad boy:

The most important stat here is Increased Attack Speed, we really want a VERY fast weapon (>2.0 attacks per second is optimal), then you want a bunch of flat elemental damage. We don't need crit at all since we are Elemental Overload.
You can also use a Hits can't be evaded weapon with high attack speed, so you can replace your Lycosidae with a shield with attack speed, life and resistances or even an Esh's Mirror.

Gloves
Spoiler

If you can't afford getting 2 sockets, get 1 socket, but 2>1. Obviously.

Boots
Spoiler

For rare boots you just want your usual life + resistances + movement speed, if you don't need resistatnces, Atziri Step is a solid choice. Kaom's Roots are just so good for Uber Elder.

Jewellery
Spoiler

What to look for on rare amulets and rings - life, flat elemental damage, elemental damage with weapons and resistances.
Belts - life, elemental damage with weapons, resistances, flask duration/charges used.

Jewels (important, please read)
Spoiler

You're looking for: flat life > high flat elemental damage for claws > Effect of Shock. Abyss jewels are a BIG part of this build.

Why is Effect of Shock so important?
Spoiler
Beacon of Ruin guarantees 20% increased damage taken by shocked enemies. All the % shock effect (On Inpulsa, Arcing Blows etc...) will scale from this 20% increase. Thanks to this, reaching 50% damage from your shocks ONLY requires 150% shock effectiveness. We get 75% from gear and tree (Inpulsa 40% - Arcing Blows 10% - Elemental Focus 10% - Celestial Punishment 15%). To reach maximum shock effectiveness we then need to find another 75%. I highly recommend getting as much % increased Effect of Shock as possible on your jewels. Getting 5 jewels with 10% Effect of Shock will pretty much give you shocks so potent you'll deal 45% MORE damage to shocked enemies (even bosses).

tl;dr: shock effectiveness is good, use it!

Note: Getting good abyss jewels when respeccing to Blade Flurry is really important. You don't have to hunt for gg jewels right away, if they're not yet available in early league, or you can't afford them. Here you can find a poe.trade search for good jewels you can get to help you climb the atlas. Before browsing though, click 'show search form' on top and make sure correct league is selected.
If you want to craft them yourself, alt-regal some ilvl82 Murderous Eye jewels (you could try a Searching Eye too, but only if you really need one for Tombfist, Murderous Eye is easier to roll for flat damage).

Flasks
Spoiler

MF gear
Spoiler

Bandits, Ascendancies and Pantheon
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill all

Ascendancies: Shaper of Desolation > Beacon of Ruin > Pendulum of Destruction > Mastermind of Discord

Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali (Capture Arachnoxia) and Soul of Shakari (Capture Terror of the Infinite Drifts)

Levelling
Spoiler
I strongly recommend levelling with Blade Vortex to at least Blood Aqueduct. Start with Freezing Pulse linked to Arcane Surge and Onslaught (if you can ask someone to buy it for you or get it yourself on another character, as witch can't get Onslaught in act 1).
At level 12 you can start using Blade Vortex. Priority links are - Added Lightning Damage, Arcane Surge (make sure you keep it low level enough so it activates), maybe Added Cold and later Controlled Destruction if you have a 4l/Tabula. At level 16 you can add Physical to Lightning (replace Added Lightning Damage if you're not using a Tabula).
At level 38 your links should be Blade Vortex - Physical to Lightning - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Increased Duration - Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect (drop last two for a 4l).
Remember to buy and level your other gems before switching to Blade Flurry.

Note: This levelling will cost you 12 respec points to switch to Blade Flurry (not a big deal, you can get all the points for free from quests).

Useful levelling uniques:
Spoiler

Trees
Spoiler

You'll need a lot of dex for bv, especially early, try getting some one your rings and amulet.

Videos
Spoiler
Uber Elder - 1 death, sloppy gameplay
T16 Elder Guardians
T14 Shaped Estuary - e x p l o s i o n s

That's it for now, if you have any more questions check out FAQ section in the post below or check out my stream I'll be happy to answer!

Thanks for reading.
Dernière édition par SOMAYD, le 28 déc. 2018 08:59:22
Dernier bump le 21 oct. 2019 17:56:58
FAQ
Spoiler
Will this build work with other skills?
Spoiler
Of course, I went with Blade Flurry as it offers amazing single target right when you need it and you don't really need more clear. I was considering using Sunder with a Brightbeak for exemple, but spells like Blade Vortex or Arc or bow skills like Lightning Arrow will work as well!

Why not use Call of the Brotherhood?
Spoiler
When I go fast, I like having as much IIQ as possible, and losing 10 from a ring slot isn't an option for me. It does work though!

Can you do this with any other ascendancy?
Spoiler
Of course, the Inpulsa + Three Dragons interaction will work on other ascendancies, feel free to choose any class you'd prefer. Keep in mind achieving this level of chains on other classes might be hard, also Mastermind of Discord reduced herald mana reservation is pretty neat.

Is it a good league starter?
Spoiler
It is, Inpulsa and Lycosidae aren't necessary for the build to farm and explore the atlas, just gotta be a little patient until you get those items and experience the power.

I don't deal enough damage after respeccing to Blade Flurry.
Spoiler
Look into the Gear - Weapon and Jewels section. You really do need those.

I can't sustain mana.
Spoiler

This single Mana Leech node from Essence Sap cluster should solve all your mana issues. If not, you can try getting a Gemini Claw for this sweet mana gain on each enemy hit.
For Blade Vortex levelling just use mana flask.

Required uniques are expensive, what should I prioritise?
Spoiler
Inpulsa first. It is quite expensive, but it'll make the build feel much smoother. You can still progress maps without it (if you have jewels, you really need jewels, see Jewels section), but you do want it as fast as possible. After getting the chest, concentrate on Lycosidae - it is a significant damage boost.

Note: Don't use Three Dragons before getting an Inpulsa, it'll make your shatters feel flaccid. If you don't have a good rare helmet to fill in resistances, try getting a decently rolled Skullhead.

Why non crit?
Spoiler
It is possible to do a crit version of this build and while you will do more damage, you'd need a much more expensive weapon and you'll be overall less tanky. I wouldn't really recommend it, but I can't stop you! If you're concerned about the 'crunchy' feeling that crit builds give you, don't worry, this build achieves adequate levels of crunchiness!

What's the blue thing on the gif? And the orange?
Spoiler
The blue thing is Hearld of Ice with Celestial mtx. The orange thing is Rampage from Bisco's Leash.

How do you reserve so much mana?
Spoiler
Elementalist's Mastermind of Discord Ascendancy notable grants your character 25% reduced Mana Reservation of Herald Skills. Drop Arctic Armour until you get your uber lab.

Can I play this on HC?
Spoiler
It's possible, but not as a starter, probably. And you'll have to use different levelling tree, prioritising life more early. Not tested, try at your own risk.

How is the build on a 5l?
Spoiler
It's just fine, first time you'll ever feel the lack of 6l will be high red maps bosses. Just bosses.

GG jewels and weapon and you still feel like you don't deal enough damage?
Spoiler
Make sure you're using Blade Flurry correctly - releasing on full stacks.

What helm enchants or corruptions am I looking for?
Spoiler
Enchants: Blood Rage attack speed, Blade Flurry Damage, Inscreased Effect of Lightning Golem buff, Heralds Mana reservation, Shield Charge Attack Speed
Corruptions: Effect of Shock, +# of socketed cold/aoe gems, #% inc maximum life

Dernière édition par SOMAYD, le 28 déc. 2018 09:04:28
Love at first sight <3
First page + J'y étais
neat build. your end-game pob link is the same as your magic find pob link
"
jacobfriar a écrit :
neat build. your end-game pob link is the same as your magic find pob link

You're right, just updated with the right link. Thank you!
In the gif - the screenwide explosions are triggered by your Biscos Belt via Rampage, no? This in turn spreads then via Inpulsa + Three Dragons?

It would be cool if you could trigger that with an on demand ability ^^ but it looks still hecking cool. I hope they dont nerf it - its a neat niche for the Three Dragons.
"
Cyrix1337 a écrit :
In the gif - the screenwide explosions are triggered by your Biscos Belt via Rampage, no? This in turn spreads then via Inpulsa + Three Dragons?

It would be cool if you could trigger that with an on demand ability ^^ but it looks still hecking cool. I hope they dont nerf it - its a neat niche for the Three Dragons.

The explosions have not much to do with rampage, I explain in a video how it works but here it goes :

Lightning explosions from Inpulsa now Freeze monsters, the freeze proliferates to nearby monsters, they die,thus triggering HoI explosions (that are now fire damage since we're using cold to fire, thus shocking some more, triggering Inpulsa AGAIN etc...).

It took me some time to get it but I'm pretty sure that this is how it works.

So it's actually on demand! One tap with blade flurry triggers the whole reaction (then you just need a LOT of monsters and aoe for it to chain)
Dernière édition par SOMAYD, le 28 juil. 2018 17:12:58
Really fun setup, recommend at least trying it out
"
SOMAYD a écrit :
"
Cyrix1337 a écrit :

The explosions have not much to do with rampage, I explain in a video how it works but here it goes :

Lightning explosions from Inpulsa now Freeze monsters, the freeze proliferates to nearby monsters, they die,thus triggering HoI explosions (that are now fire damage since we're using cold to fire, thus shocking some more, triggering Inpulsa AGAIN etc...).

It took me some time to get it but I'm pretty sure that this is how it works.

So it's actually on demand! One tap with blade flurry triggers the whole reaction (then you just need a LOT of monsters and aoe for it to chain)

Yeah, got the mechanic. ^^

It just looks like that in the pic the rampage spears(?) are also hitting mobs and setting that chain off independently of your bladeflurry target - mobs that are not in chain-range for your initial mob-splosion and then it in turn blows up the whole screen. It looks superawesome! ^^

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires