[3.20] A.B. Molten Tank easy mapping and bossing

For me ofc is a great build.

get some nerf but is still one of the best tank build/skill

lets hear the opinion of other players
"
Anal_Bleeding a écrit :

Uber Lab, Shaper and Elder are no problem for me. I am confident with these events. Uber Elder I tried twice, failed hard. Not having enough DPS yet.

So my guess is I am failing to meet certain "effects/strategies" which I see in videos posted about this build.

My character profile is available for public, so please do watch and judge.

Do note that I am still working hard towards end game gear/better rolls.

Attack speed
Personally I struggle to get sufficient number of +attack speed. In one of the videos, without Blood Rage or Vaal Haste, the attack speed is already immense. How? I don't get near that when having Vaal Haste + 3 charges + blood rage active.

Lack of Dexterity
I am struggling to keep my dex sufficient for my items. Especially when carrying level 12 Vaal Haste and 13 Blood Rage, which requires 132 Dex. How can I solve this more efficiently?

Which anointment?
I am lacking the info from your build in which anointment to take on my amulet.

Resistances
I am struggling to balance out my resistances, as Helmet (Hrim) and Amulet (Xoph) have just Cold and Fire. The rest I have to get on my boots/rings and gloves. Except my gloves might be soon gone, as I will be replacing them eventually with Tomb Fist.

Blighted maps seem MS ufriendly
Can a good MS build perform well on Blighted maps? Right now I am spending way too much time killing those bosses with immense HP and getting swarmed.

Cheers for the help in advance. I have been doing MS Duelist Champion since Delve.
Dernière édition par HelepolisH, le 25 sept. 2019 03:34:27
"
Karathis a écrit :
is this skill still decent to play in this patch? on the poe discord they tell me molten strike isnt that great anymore but id like to hear from someone who actually plays it

"
Anal_Bleeding a écrit :

This is my first league playing molten strike and I love it. Haven't run into any problems. I'm also still working on mapping, started late. I was mostly worried about delve but thus far, no problems there either. It actually feels like easy mode to me. I'm also not fully geared yet. Last league I played Cyclone. It feels almost the same in a way. Everything dies and I don't. It almost feels like cheating.

The only real downside to this build IMO is that endgame upgrades are expensive. I think pretty much every build has one or two that are expensive though. The Watcher's Eye and Xoph's are the items that have me stressing atm. I'm also afraid to attempt 6L my Loreweave. I bought it really cheap and 5L myself.

I've added a CWDT/Combustion/Culling Strike/Wave of Conviction 4L to this build.
"
HelepolisH a écrit :
"
Anal_Bleeding a écrit :

Uber Lab, Shaper and Elder are no problem for me. I am confident with these events. Uber Elder I tried twice, failed hard. Not having enough DPS yet.

So my guess is I am failing to meet certain "effects/strategies" which I see in videos posted about this build.

My character profile is available for public, so please do watch and judge.

Do note that I am still working hard towards end game gear/better rolls.

Attack speed
Personally I struggle to get sufficient number of +attack speed. In one of the videos, without Blood Rage or Vaal Haste, the attack speed is already immense. How? I don't get near that when having Vaal Haste + 3 charges + blood rage active.

Lack of Dexterity
I am struggling to keep my dex sufficient for my items. Especially when carrying level 12 Vaal Haste and 13 Blood Rage, which requires 132 Dex. How can I solve this more efficiently?

Which anointment?
I am lacking the info from your build in which anointment to take on my amulet.

Resistances
I am struggling to balance out my resistances, as Helmet (Hrim) and Amulet (Xoph) have just Cold and Fire. The rest I have to get on my boots/rings and gloves. Except my gloves might be soon gone, as I will be replacing them eventually with Tomb Fist.

Blighted maps seem MS ufriendly
Can a good MS build perform well on Blighted maps? Right now I am spending way too much time killing those bosses with immense HP and getting swarmed.

Cheers for the help in advance. I have been doing MS Duelist Champion since Delve.

-Videos are before Multistrike change, we have less attck speed now. (3.8 changelog)

-Sure, you need dex ofc as i said in the gear section, you can get it on rings or jewels. very high dex is only high haste or blood rage, you can run lvl 15 of it you dont need lvl 20.

-Oil enchant: tribal fury is one of the best, its like a little free ancestral call. you can get rampart for fortify effect, primeval force for damage

-2 rings, gloves, boots (rare belt) are good to get enough resistances

-I played this build 4 leagues, im not playing MS in blight so idk how work on blight.

You can improve a lot ur gear for dps.

-your moonstone ring are bad. on rings try to get flat fire or phys damage and % ele damage as well.
-rare belt life, res and ele damage (the best one is stygian)
-Gloves as you said before
-unnatural istinct is useless at least for me, and all point to get it.
"
Anal_Bleeding a écrit :

-Videos are before Multistrike change, we have less attck speed now. (3.8 changelog)

-Sure, you need dex ofc as i said in the gear section, you can get it on rings or jewels. very high dex is only high haste or blood rage, you can run lvl 15 of it you dont need lvl 20.

-Oil enchant: tribal fury is one of the best, its like a little free ancestral call. you can get rampart for fortify effect, primeval force for damage

-2 rings, gloves, boots (rare belt) are good to get enough resistances

-I played this build 4 leagues, im not playing MS in blight so idk how work on blight.

You can improve a lot ur gear for dps.

-your moonstone ring are bad. on rings try to get flat fire or phys damage and % ele damage as well.
-rare belt life, res and ele damage (the best one is stygian)
-Gloves as you said before
-unnatural istinct is useless at least for me, and all point to get it.

Thanks for the response.

I've swapped my rings for 2x opal rings. Didn't had enough alteration so I just bought ones from the trade market. Tried to aim for flat +fire and/or phys, ele dmg and some res. Belt will try to find today.

Regarding oil, guess it is time to replace my Xoph for a non corrupted one.

Is unnatural instinct that useless? I did sacrifice three 5% HP nodes and two +ele dmg nodes at top of the tree. I am wondering if the trade off is worth it.

The gem is currently worth ~3 Exalt. If it is not significant, I can sell it to invest in a Xoph and belt.

I am having fun with MS for four leagues as well. My friends hate me for not playing another character :V
Dernière édition par HelepolisH, le 26 sept. 2019 03:27:53
Hey, first of all, thx for build, lot of fun with it in this league.

I have one question concerning him; What to do thing is the best, btw going to Tribal Fury on a rare amulet, or Xoph's Blood ?
Dernière édition par Wothan, le 27 sept. 2019 06:56:56
"
Wothan a écrit :
Hey, first of all, thx for build, lot of fun with it in this league.

I have one question concerning him; What to do thing is the best, btw going to Tribal Fury or a rare amulet, or Xoph's Blood ?

xoph's blood with tribal fury enchant
How far could this build push in delve?
-Or if someone who has pushed far with this reads this, please reply :)
Thankyou.
"
Townerr a écrit :
How far could this build push in delve?
-Or if someone who has pushed far with this reads this, please reply :)
Thankyou.

Currently with this league, I pushed into 220 easily, which is where the good stuff drops.
Just started this build bought some items not all just wondered this Jugg version still viable on 3.8,Currently playing frost blades but always like molten strike so dont want to invest if it fails,Do most people in this guide play Jugg?
Dernière édition par Bezmageddon, le 9 oct. 2019 09:32:47

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires