[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Will this build be updated?
what about getting socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 main on this?
and the pob link in the start i updated for synt right?
Dernière édition par dipperdyr, le 4 avr. 2019 17:54:53
"
sx6944 a écrit :
I don't think you need go to raider to solve the APS problem.

With new league implicit mods on chest and ring, you can maintain permanent frenzy charge and onslaught as champion anyway. It's expensive but the defense is way better.
First off, that puts the build in a slightly uncomfortable position as it functions drastically worse on a budget, which it currently doesn't do. I like how easily it starts working but can still scale slowly with investment. Secondly, I think your point about implicits makes jugg a more attractive choice. It doesn't have as much raw damage as champ, but it has a LOT of attack speed and even more defenses. So maybe the answer is to make two versions, where Raider is more of a budget choice, and jugg is more min/maxed with high investment.

"
BronzeMike a écrit :
Ok so you said that the leech nerf hit us hard, meanwhile I decided to go on standard and make a yolo minotaur without changing anything. Everything went great, I facedtanked him etc etc...

Do the leech nerf did not arrive at standard yet? Or am I missing something? You can check my character on my profile.
Haha, no the leech nerf is live for everyone. It's just that you still have so much leech compared to minotaurs actual DPS that it doesn't matter that it was cut to 25% of its former glory. He doesn't do a lot of dps, his damage is just spiky, but we have a lot of hp. If you were to hop into a shaper and try to facetank the shaper balls (which was absolutely possible before), you will feel the difference =P.

"
What about Slayer for this build? Is it viable? Or maybe Ascendant slayer/jugg... ? I'm just wondering if overleech is worth it
Can't overleech with instant leech.

"
Meynbuhdei a écrit :
Been seeing people claim that the build is still fine as champion in this thread. Does this mean that the nerf did not hit hard enough to warrant switching to raider over champion?
By my theorycrafting, raider has about 50% more attack speed, and thus leech, but loses some defenses. It also gains a lot of QoL through perm frenzy/onslaught...but that is kind of negated, along with part of the attack speed, from new synthesis implicits. Given all that, jugg might be the way to go honestly, but I don't think champion is optimal no matter how you look at it. It's definitely not bad by any stretch, so it's not like you need to reroll to be viable, but if you look at a combination of attack speed and passive defenses it doesn't quite keep up with jugg/raider.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
Asinoeh a écrit :
With either the Champion or the Raider variant, what is the choice for the bandits quest?

Seems like helping Alira is a viable option.
Always kill them all, it's in the guide. We aren't under a lot of res pressure, we have tons of mana leech, so it's mostly the multi, and that comes out to less than 2.5% more damage per point, and we have like, dangling 3% more damage points because of how point starved we are. It's not terrible, but I highly advise against it.

"
Sh1butani a écrit :
Will this build be updated?
So the problem is a full update requires understanding everything the new league changed and how it affected the build. I would need to at least grab a jugg/raider I have lying around in standard, put some gear on him and test it out. Some of the changes require different gear though, so I'd have to get that sorted out. Then I'd need to get a good understanding of all the new synth implicits, which ones are worth using, and price out which ones are efficient so I could include them in the itemization section. THEN I need to go through and actually update everything once I have all that info collected.

All this for a league that everyone hates that isn't likely to go core, and all that work will be moot because huge changes to melee are coming next patch that would require a bunch more work anyway. It seems like...a lot of time to invest that wouldn't be relevant for very long. I do my best to make an updated PoB for each league at the very least, and an update when I get time, but usually the changes aren't suuuper crazy so it's not so bad. Now that the build has to change ascendancies it adds a lot of work/testing. It seems likely that 3.7 will be the last set of huge changes for this build until 4.0, so I'll try to do a re-write for that one. I really like melee though so...I'll be playing a ton that league most likely.

"
dipperdyr a écrit :
what about getting socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 main on this?
and the pob link in the start i updated for synt right?
It's pretty good, but not as good as attack base crit, as I talk about in the gear section. Yes, the what's new section under [3.6] is updated for 3.6, BUT does not include any of the new implicits because we didn't know them when I did it. Still kind of hard to include them as everyone that couldn't afford it would not know, like, which flask to drop to make room for silver flask for instance if they couldn't afford onslaught boots implicit.
Thanks for posting this build. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I have a question though. How are you dealing with corrupting blood / bleeds corrupting blood seems to be a major problem for me.
"
PsychicMuffin a écrit :
"
Asinoeh a écrit :
With either the Champion or the Raider variant, what is the choice for the bandits quest?

Always kill them all, it's in the guide. We aren't under a lot of res pressure, we have tons of mana leech, so it's mostly the multi, and that comes out to less than 2.5% more damage per point, and we have like, dangling 3% more damage points because of how point starved we are. It's not terrible, but I highly advise against it.

In your guide you mentioned a potential lack of resistances as the main reason not to use Kaom's Roots in the Uber Elder fight. Alira could help with that, assuming these boots are a good general choice outside a few specific encounters.
"
Shoc_Live a écrit :
Thanks for posting this build. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I have a question though. How are you dealing with corrupting blood / bleeds corrupting blood seems to be a major problem for me.
I just use a bleed flask, just be sure to keep your flasks up or consider swapping for an extra bleed flasks for long fights with consistent bleeds like Uul-Netol breachlord, if you don't have enough DPS to end it quickly.

"
Asinoeh a écrit :
"
PsychicMuffin a écrit :
"
Asinoeh a écrit :

In your guide you mentioned a potential lack of resistances as the main reason not to use Kaom's Roots in the Uber Elder fight. Alira could help with that, assuming these boots are a good general choice outside a few specific encounters.
Actually they're not really a good general choice, as we have a lot of evasion and throwing it away makes closing in on packs before we're leeching way more dangerous than it already is, and that is the primary way we die as it stands. I only really recommend it for uber elder and nothing else, not even red elder as you aren't really in a lot of danger even when you do get caught by his slow.
Some questions regarding your gem setup:

- Have you ever considered using Critical Strike Chance support for Double Strike? I have seen this one pop up on other Double Strike builds.

- Which of your gems become less relevant with the switch to raider? I'd assume Cold Snap is a candidate since Frenzy charge generation is no longer a problem. Is Blood Rage still worth it for the 20% attack speed alone?
"
Asinoeh a écrit :
Some questions regarding your gem setup:

- Have you ever considered using Critical Strike Chance support for Double Strike? I have seen this one pop up on other Double Strike builds.

- Which of your gems become less relevant with the switch to raider? I'd assume Cold Snap is a candidate since Frenzy charge generation is no longer a problem. Is Blood Rage still worth it for the 20% attack speed alone?
Crit chance is a very mediocre damage gem. If your chest has 'supported by level 1 maim' on it it's a viable candidate depending on current gearing, but otherwise not so much. For gems, good catch on cold snap! We totally don't need it anymore and we can pick some other utility gem. Don't remember if I reworked my utility gems correctly in the Raider PoB or not, but that will help make room for new stuff since this guide was written, like Dread Banner. Also, considering that our leech is capped purely by our attack speed now, it is DEFINITELY worth running blood rage still. 20% increased attack speed is like 6% MORE attack speed which means 6% MORE leech per second!
Hi. Could you please give few advices for a newbie?
Can i use this build as league starter? And what i can choose as weapons for mapping if i don't have bloodseeker?
And for no reason my browser doesn't open " Vendor Recipe for %phys weapons" link in levelling section so could you please place full link in answer.
I was looking for useful builds on consoles but not in main meta. Build upgrade prices for things like Winter Orb is just terrible. And i more like melee style builds

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires