[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

just some review of the build from someone who droped in 3 weeks late in the league =).

prices on some of the end game items on this build are nuts now... actually all fire/phys to fire items or anything around it isn´t obtainable anymore under 1ex =)

as i droped in late this league i´m gonna drop this build now... or anything other than not fire based stuff.

sad thing as the build is really fun, but if you just started recently there´s no way you can afford it anymore.

well, at least for my playtimes.

dying sun is 2 ex, belly 7 ex, impresence 1 ex, even cyclones go for up to 1 ex already. and lets not talk about the real good stuff... tombs with ele weakness... 10+ ex, helmet with 3 molten balls (if you go that route) or just cyclone on it, 5-10 ex, and watchers... well, perfect isn´t even available most of the time, and getting phys add + add fire as a runner up is 40 ex =).

equivalent items in rare are even more expensive most of the time. so if you wanna do that build now, calculate with 50ex upwards.

the budget variant goes for 10ex-ish, but gets problems on t13+ maps with a lot of map mods.

sure it´s still a viable and ultra fun low tier runner, super smooth and with a nice look, but that alone just feels a bit meh. =)
"
lalelunatic a écrit :
just some review of the build from someone who droped in 3 weeks late in the league =).

prices on some of the end game items on this build are nuts now... actually all fire/phys to fire items or anything around it isn´t obtainable anymore under 1ex =)

as i droped in late this league i´m gonna drop this build now... or anything other than not fire based stuff.

sad thing as the build is really fun, but if you just started recently there´s no way you can afford it anymore.

well, at least for my playtimes.

dying sun is 2 ex, belly 7 ex, impresence 1 ex, even cyclones go for up to 1 ex already. and lets not talk about the real good stuff... tombs with ele weakness... 10+ ex, helmet with 3 molten balls (if you go that route) or just cyclone on it, 5-10 ex, and watchers... well, perfect isn´t even available most of the time, and getting phys add + add fire as a runner up is 40 ex =).

equivalent items in rare are even more expensive most of the time. so if you wanna do that build now, calculate with 50ex upwards.

the budget variant goes for 10ex-ish, but gets problems on t13+ maps with a lot of map mods.

sure it´s still a viable and ultra fun low tier runner, super smooth and with a nice look, but that alone just feels a bit meh. =)

You are doing it wrong if you can't beat Shaper with only a few exalted investment.

You don't need Dying Sun to beat Shaper. You don't need 6L Belly either. Same goes for Impresence. In fact, Elder/Shaper amulet beat Impresence.

You also do not need Tombfist with Elemental Weakness Curse. All those are just luxury items.

20/20 gems are all you need and that is so self-obtainable.

The Celestial Justicar divination cards will cost you 36 chaos. Just slam an alchemy and within 50 chaos, you should get something decent. That is all you need for a 6L for end game.

Same goes to amulet, rings. It is very easy to obtain decent Elder/Shaper amulet by just slamming some chaos on it.

I will list some of my self crafted amulets in SSF incursion as examples:

And just in case you do not know, this build was created using my SSF character. :)
uhm, ok, maybe i spelled it a bit wrong, not native english here sorry. i wasn´t saying this build can´t do stuff, i´m not doubting the shaper viability and all. and i know it doesn´t need the items posted beside the axe.

what i was saying is that if someone is gonna starting this build now, getting all the mentioned items is extremely expensive. the prices for those items have tripled since 3 weeks ago.

and for the "easy peasy" part. well i´m a slow player, i can´t react as fast as others, in general i´m bad at such games. no problem here. but don´t assume pls that if you can do it on whatever char, anybody else can too. i don´t blame the build here, again, i just said the gear, if you wanna have all the mentioned items, is expensive now.

the char shreds trash, but if you don´t ramp up enough single target dmg he might be a bit slow with certain bosses. i get him to around 750k dps in pob, considering i´m running it with molten strike combined. 100k for the melee hit, around 45k dps per bomb, and it´s 7. and even if i assume half of them hit its just around 157k dps, the ngamahu does double that for another 310k maybe. so we´re talking 550k dps-ish with just unique items (cause they´re cheaper). if you can afford now a watchers, and real good rares he goes maybe to 1.5 mil dps but i don´t know if you can ramp him up higher without losing defensive stats. and everything with life and res on it goes for 3 ex plus in trade atm.

anyway, the build is super fun, that´s for sure. =) mowing through mobs is well, kinda boring, but extremely satisfying at the same time. if the gear gets cheaper again, or if one can get their hands on it this is still a really fun way to play it.
"
lalelunatic a écrit :
uhm, ok, maybe i spelled it a bit wrong, not native english here sorry. i wasn´t saying this build can´t do stuff, i´m not doubting the shaper viability and all. and i know it doesn´t need the items posted beside the axe.

what i was saying is that if someone is gonna starting this build now, getting all the mentioned items is extremely expensive. the prices for those items have tripled since 3 weeks ago.

and for the "easy peasy" part. well i´m a slow player, i can´t react as fast as others, in general i´m bad at such games. no problem here. but don´t assume pls that if you can do it on whatever char, anybody else can too. i don´t blame the build here, again, i just said the gear, if you wanna have all the mentioned items, is expensive now.

the char shreds trash, but if you don´t ramp up enough single target dmg he might be a bit slow with certain bosses. i get him to around 750k dps in pob, considering i´m running it with molten strike combined. 100k for the melee hit, around 45k dps per bomb, and it´s 7. and even if i assume half of them hit its just around 157k dps, the ngamahu does double that for another 310k maybe. so we´re talking 550k dps-ish with just unique items (cause they´re cheaper). if you can afford now a watchers, and real good rares he goes maybe to 1.5 mil dps but i don´t know if you can ramp him up higher without losing defensive stats. and everything with life and res on it goes for 3 ex plus in trade atm.

anyway, the build is super fun, that´s for sure. =) mowing through mobs is well, kinda boring, but extremely satisfying at the same time. if the gear gets cheaper again, or if one can get their hands on it this is still a really fun way to play it.

I know that you are saying the build cost more now to clear end game content.

And what I was saying is that it is still possible to clear Shaper without heavy investment. The axe is the only real mandatory unique for the build and all other gears can be self obtained (or crafted). I am pointing that out because I only play SSF and I obtain gears that way. :)

Looking at your profile from POB, honestly, I would recommend you to follow the build closely and go pure Cyclone instead of hybrid. You will do more damage, survive better, and clear higher content.

Also, if you have went Elemental Damage with Attack + Elemental Focus + Fortify + Melee Physical in your Hungry Loop ring, you would do more damage on your Cyclone.

One more thing, it is often misunderstood that Molten Burst account for most of the damage but this is not the case. A well geared character will have Cyclone contributing 60 to 70% of total damage.

Need a bit of help, just respec'd to this build and the guide stated
Setup 2: Impresence + Watcher's Eye. So with my set up up there how and where would i fit Flammability, HOA, Blasphemy, and Anger?
"
TeeTay a écrit :
Spoiler

Need a bit of help, just respec'd to this build and the guide stated
Setup 2: Impresence + Watcher's Eye. So with my set up up there how and where would i fit Flammability, HOA, Blasphemy, and Anger?

Elder/shaper amulet + Watcher's Eye will provide more damage than Impresence + Watcher's Eye.

Aura setup for Impresence + Watcher's Eye in 4L:

Blasphemy + Flammability + Anger + Herald of Ash
EO setup is Bullshit. I have 9.9 crit chance ,Loreweave and Starkonja. Eo doesn't work. bull shit. I spent 12 - 15 exalt on this build and it's not tanky, not strong, bot fast, not a bosskiller, nothing really but a pain in the ass to keep alive.

I Have tons of accuracy if that's what you wonder, took passivs and both rings rolled on 250 +

Currently respecing into tankier version of this build but i don't believe in it at all... Just more currency to spend in a build that is going nowhere really.

But i'm just saying for other players who wanna try it, it 100% on my own that i thought it was a good idea to go for chieftain. My bad.
"
Sheenaa a écrit :
EO setup is Bullshit. I have 9.9 crit chance ,Loreweave and Starkonja. Eo doesn't work. bull shit. I spent 12 - 15 exalt on this build and it's not tanky, not strong, bot fast, not a bosskiller, nothing really but a pain in the ass to keep alive.

I Have tons of accuracy if that's what you wonder, took passivs and both rings rolled on 250 +

Currently respecing into tankier version of this build but i don't believe in it at all... Just more currency to spend in a build that is going nowhere really.

But i'm just saying for other players who wanna try it, it 100% on my own that i thought it was a good idea to go for chieftain. My bad.

If you get the 90-120% crit chance boots enchantment your crit will raise to 14-16% and that should be enough to keep EO up always.
"
Sheenaa a écrit :

What @parti82 says and you will want your chance to hit at 90%.

Your character profile is hidden so can't tell what is wrong with your gears.

EO setup has the highest damage output and someone has use it to beat Uber Elder.
I modified my EO character by taking 5 points off from around Vaal Pact, put 6 points to endurance charges and changed the ascendancy route to the defensive version. Also added Enduring Cry, Enfeeble Tombfist with 6% blind chance jewel.

Feels much better now! Having 1k regen + 1.2k leech compared to 2.2k leech feels much more comfortable with staged boss fights.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires