[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
vxCHAZxv a écrit :
How do you think this build compares to Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone build in terms of both DPS and survivability?

Pretty much what @Magnifque said.

I will add that elemental conversion have higher potential to do more damage as you gear towards min/max.

This is because the build get benefits from both increased physical and increased elemental damage. It is further boosted with elemental penetration.

Especially with this:

On another note, updated the guide to include both Resolute Technique and Elemental Overload skill trees (to match Slayer guide).

Also updated Recommended Gears section and Flasks section.
What would you say that the road to the axe is.. trying to understand the leveling path and what to use before getting that axe.
"
Haddoq a écrit :
What would you say that the road to the axe is.. trying to understand the leveling path and what to use before getting that axe.

I have added a new Leveling to 55 section into the guide. You can check that out. :)
Are you planning this as your league starter? Capping resists and getting 600+acc along with all the uniques this build uses will be very difficult to gear as a starter. Taking the endurance charge route would really help to cap resists.
Also it sucks that you'll basically never get to use Bronns due to 5 off color.

I could see starting as RT and respec'ing to EO once you have the gear. Overall I think this build is flexible enough as a starter and can be respec'd later on to push end game.
I think the other part is better, while the Red Dream would indeed make it useless, Breach will no longer be part of Zana, this will greatly increase the price of the Red Dream even with the div cards.

Also, has a league starter unless you play 24/7, you almost have no hope of accuring Red Dream, so if we take that out of consideration, the other part is a lot better for a league starter. I think you should write that as a budget/league starter ascendency path.
Right, so here is my take on making this more budget friendly since Impresence, Watcher's eye, Taste of Hate, Red dream and Tombfist will not be viable options for a league starter for most people.

Ascendancy:
Ngamahu -> Hinekora -> Tawhoa -> Ramako.
In my oppinion - much more budget friendly options. Ramako grants easy fire resistance overcapping for The Wise Oak - will make gearing easier. This pathing also grants 5% life regen if you were hit recently (3% always) + 0.5% per endurance charge, along with easy endurance charge generation. Endurance charges are really good early on for capping and overcapping resistances too.

Gearing priority:
1) Get Ngamahu's flame. It will be pricey at the start. Farm or Beg, borrow or steal chaos orbs until you have enough. Save your jewellers while leveling. 6S as soon as possible
2) Get Devoto's devotion or Starkonja's. Devoto's is more offensive and clear speed oriented while Starkonja's is more defensive. They should cost around the same at the start.
3) Get Flasks. Order: Atziri's promise (should be able to farm yourself, use instead of Taste of Hate) -> Wise Oak (should be pretty easy to have fire res as the highest with Ramako's node) -> Lion's roar (will be pricier at the start, can use Silver or Basalt flask instead)
4) Get your preferred chest. Bronn's Lithe is always cheap, but lacks defenses and can be expensive (relatively, for a league start) to color properly. Belly of the beast and Carcass Jack will probably be better options for a start, but they will be pricey as well.
You could even use Ambu's charge (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ambu%27s_Charge) - it synergises well with Chieftan's bonuses and has solid life and some resistances.
Most likely though you will end up using a rare chest.
5) Get the rest of basic gear (gloves, boots, belt, amulet, rings). All will most likely be rares.
Priorities are:
Boots - Life, Movement speed, then resistances
Gloves - Life, resistances, attack speed
Belt - Life, resistances, then Elemental Damage with weapons
Jewelry - Life, resistances, intelligence, physical damage to attacks, %Fire damage. Flat fire damage is pretty bad.
Options for rings: Mokou's embrace (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mokou%27s_Embrace) - this needs Ramako's node to work well. Uses self-ignite shenanigans.
Options for amulets: Ngamahu tiki, Bloodgrip

After that you can start working towards obtaining gear listed in OP's post.

Skill setup:
Cyclone - same as OP
Molten burst (axe) - same as OP
4L #1 - CWDT (lvl1) - Immortal Call (lvl3) - Increased duration - Blood rage (lvl 20)
4L #2 - Herald Of Ash - Anger - Leap slam - Faster Attacks
I won't be using blasphemy setup until I get flammability Impresence, since this build does not scale curse effect and therefore it becomes quite pointless on bosses when paired with the amount of fire penetration we get (15% from Oak, 20% from axe, 38% from fire pen support, 10% from ascendancy, 8% from tree). Flammability on bosses would be only 20% reduced fire resistance and on Guardians and Shaper - 9% reduced fire resistance. So yeah, I'd only take it if I got it with no mana reservation cost, so I could still use all the other buffs.
Hatred is pointless, since it gets no benefit from all the fire penetration.
4L #3 - Ancestral Warchief - Elemental damage with attacks - Concentrated effect - Elemental focus
Just to help with bosses while starting out. Can use Ancestral Protector setup instead.

Anyway, unless there will be some unexpected surprises in the patch notes, this will pretty much be my starter build.
"
jconaspree a écrit :
Are you planning this as your league starter? Capping resists and getting 600+acc along with all the uniques this build uses will be very difficult to gear as a starter. Taking the endurance charge route would really help to cap resists.
Also it sucks that you'll basically never get to use Bronns due to 5 off color.

I could see starting as RT and respec'ing to EO once you have the gear. Overall I think this build is flexible enough as a starter and can be respec'd later on to push end game.

I have been playing SSF and will still be playing SSF so it will depend on whether the axe drops for me.

At this point in time, I am likely to be playing my other Scion build utilizing Oni Goroshi (that is if I do find them in 3.2).

And yes, EO has steep requirement on accuracy while RT just requires you to get 40+ int on gears for the build to work. Like you said, re-specing from RT to EO is easy since it only cost you 9 regrets.

In terms of getting the right color on Bronn, if your Bronn is 6L, Vorici's bench with 2R 1B combination is your best bet.

If your Bronn is NOT 6 linked, you can use jewelers method shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79wOQQxXsu0

"
CrownedClownSs a écrit :
I think the other part is better, while the Red Dream would indeed make it useless, Breach will no longer be part of Zana, this will greatly increase the price of the Red Dream even with the div cards.

Also, has a league starter unless you play 24/7, you almost have no hope of accuring Red Dream, so if we take that out of consideration, the other part is a lot better for a league starter. I think you should write that as a budget/league starter ascendency path.

Besides Red Dream, Elder boots with endurance charge on kill is another viable option.

The 100% fire resistance is an okay stat which can easily be fulfilled from gears. The endurance charges and life regen is what makes Forest Sunlight good.

I have been testing Chieftain in the past 2 days and I will want to test dropping Vaal Pact and picking up life regen nodes when 3.2 hits to see how well life regen fare.

At this point, I am still inclined towards Moon War for boss fights.

Forest Moon is also a good choice for mapping.
"
noneskii a écrit :
Right, so here is my take on making this more budget friendly since Impresence, Watcher's eye, Taste of Hate, Red dream and Tombfist will not be viable options for a league starter for most people.

Ascendancy:
Ngamahu -> Hinekora -> Tawhoa -> Ramako.
In my oppinion - much more budget friendly options. Ramako grants easy fire resistance overcapping for The Wise Oak - will make gearing easier. This pathing also grants 5% life regen if you were hit recently (3% always) + 0.5% per endurance charge, along with easy endurance charge generation. Endurance charges are really good early on for capping and overcapping resistances too.

Gearing priority:
1) Get Ngamahu's flame. It will be pricey at the start. Farm or Beg, borrow or steal chaos orbs until you have enough. Save your jewellers while leveling. 6S as soon as possible

2) Get Devoto's devotion or Starkonja's. Devoto's is more offensive and clear speed oriented while Starkonja's is more defensive. They should cost around the same at the start.

3) Get Flasks. Order: Atziri's promise (should be able to farm yourself, use instead of Taste of Hate) -> Wise Oak (should be pretty easy to have fire res as the highest with Ramako's node) -> Lion's roar (will be pricier at the start, can use Silver or Basalt flask instead)

4) Get your preferred chest. Bronn's Lithe is always cheap, but lacks defenses and can be expensive (relatively, for a league start) to color properly. Belly of the beast and Carcass Jack will probably be better options for a start, but they will be pricey as well.

You could even use Ambu's charge (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ambu%27s_Charge) - it synergises well with Chieftan's bonuses and has solid life and some resistances.
Most likely though you will end up using a rare chest.

5) Get the rest of basic gear (gloves, boots, belt, amulet, rings). All will most likely be rares.
Priorities are:

Boots - Life, Movement speed, then resistances
Gloves - Life, resistances, attack speed
Belt - Life, resistances, then Elemental Damage with weapons
Jewelry - Life, resistances, intelligence, physical damage to attacks, %Fire damage. Flat fire damage is pretty bad.

Options for rings: Mokou's embrace (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mokou%27s_Embrace) - this needs Ramako's node to work well. Uses self-ignite shenanigans.

Options for amulets: Ngamahu tiki, Bloodgrip

After that you can start working towards obtaining gear listed in OP's post.

Skill setup:
Cyclone - same as OP

Molten burst (axe) - same as OP

4L #1 - CWDT (lvl1) - Immortal Call (lvl3) - Increased duration - Blood rage (lvl 20)

4L #2 - Herald Of Ash - Anger - Leap slam - Faster Attacks
I won't be using blasphemy setup until I get flammability Impresence, since this build does not scale curse effect and therefore it becomes quite pointless on bosses when paired with the amount of fire penetration we get (15% from Oak, 20% from axe, 38% from fire pen support, 10% from ascendancy, 8% from tree).

Flammability on bosses would be only 20% reduced fire resistance and on Guardians and Shaper - 9% reduced fire resistance. So yeah, I'd only take it if I got it with no mana reservation cost, so I could still use all the other buffs.

Hatred is pointless, since it gets no benefit from all the fire penetration.
4L #3 - Ancestral Warchief - Elemental damage with attacks - Concentrated effect - Elemental focus
Just to help with bosses while starting out. Can use Ancestral Protector setup instead.

Anyway, unless there will be some unexpected surprises in the patch notes, this will pretty much be my starter build.

Nice write up over there for leveling character.

I would say general mapping and up to T16 boss fights, Ancestral Warchief is better. For stationary boss fights (e.g. Shaper), Ancestral Protector is probably better.

Atziri's Promise will only work when you are not on 100% fire conversion. Which means once you hit level 55 and able to equip Ngamahu's Flame + picking up Ngamahu Flame Advance (cruel lab), the flask will have 0 benefit for the build.

Flammability provides 8% more damage on Shaper so it isn't a bad choice.

Even though 50% of Hatred damage is lost, it still provide 15% more damage on Shaper. Which works out to be better than Flammability when you are fighting Shaper.

And of course, when you have access to Watcher's Eye, Anger will beat Hatred vs Shaper.
Why overload instead of Resolute technique? what's your crit chance? Why vaal pact with so much life regen from chieftain asc?
Dernière édition par leolarizza, le 27 févr. 2018 20:19:21
"
leolarizza a écrit :
Why overload instead of Resolute technique? what's your crit chance? Why vaal pact with so much life regen from chieftain asc?

EO has higher damage when geared towards it while RT is easier to gear.

There are 2 set of skill trees in the guide and you can choose whichever path based on your preference.

The base crit chance is sufficient to proc EO. Especially if you have the following boots enchant:

"
120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently

Assuming Vaal Pact gives you 2700+ life regen per second. Without Vaal Pact will be 1350 life per second.

If you have 10% life regen, on a 6000 life pool, that gives you 600 life per second. Without Vaal Pact, you will have 1350 + 600 = 1950 life per second.

At this point, I can't tell if we can drop Vaal Pact for end game content but it is something that I would want to test out once 3.2 hits.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires