[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Shirokain199812 a écrit :
how i should follow your three? since im gonna start leveling but idk which side should be focus first going for what nodes? can u help me a bit with that? a tldr : node guide.

As a main rule, get the health nodes first. The biggest weakness this build has, is it's low life-pool. It's countered very well by 95% evade chance and lots of dodge, but getting 1shot is still a risk if you don't have enough life.

I went like this:

Heart of Oak
Winter Spirit
Master of Arena
Golem's Blood
(+ the life node below it)
Jewel slot next to golem (put a fight for survival in it)
Herbalism
Jewel slot above Herbalism
(put the other fight for survival here)
Phase Acrobatics
Blood Drinker (+ the life node next to it)
Revenge of the Hunted (you can leave the 2 health/evasion nodes above it for now)
Resourcefulness (+ the life/eva/es/etc node next to it)
Blood Siphon
Assassination
Acuity
Claws of the Magpie
All your frenzy charges

Survivalist + Cloth and Chain

At this point it doesn't really matter what you pick next.
Going for Claws of the Falcon next is probably a good idea, because you also get some INT on the way.
In terms of damage after that, Heartseeker and Command of the Elements are next.
Don't forget to grab the last 2 health nodes near revenge of the hunted aswell.

There's no right or wrong way to do it. This is how I went (I think).
I tend to have a rule that I take as many defensive nodes as I can to begin with, unless I really feel that I lack power.

Don't panic.
With the changes to Multistrike in 3.7, I looked it over and it seems like Faster Attacks Support might be a better option here.

With a level 21 Multistrike Support, the 30% less damage combined with the bonus damage on the second and third strikes works out to doing 315% of the ability's damage over 3 attacks, or a measly 5% more damage on each attack (average). It also backloads the damage so that nearly half of it is done by the third strike, which is a disadvantage when clearing weak monsters because you may not even get to that third hit on them to take advantage of it.

Faster Attacks Support now has, at high gem levels, an identical attack speed bonus to Multistrike. It avoids the backloading although it does cost more mana, which may be an issue. More importantly though, as a bonus, it gets 0.5% increased attack speed per quality, which is far more impactful than Multistrike's 0.5% increased physical damage per quality.

At any rate I think it would be close between the two, close enough I need to ask an expert about it. Do you have any thoughts on this? Apologies if this has already come up or you already took it into account. Also, I may be wrong on the Multistrike math, so sorry if that's wrong.

Edit: nevermind, I didn't notice multistrike's attack speed was a more modifier instead of an increased modifier.
Dernière édition par Naspiong, le 19 juin 2019 18:19:54
"
Naspiong a écrit :
With the changes to Multistrike in 3.7, I looked it over and it seems like Faster Attacks Support might be a better option here.

With a level 21 Multistrike Support, the 30% less damage combined with the bonus damage on the second and third strikes works out to doing 315% of the ability's damage over 3 attacks, or a measly 5% more damage on each attack (average). It also backloads the damage so that nearly half of it is done by the third strike, which is a disadvantage when clearing weak monsters because you may not even get to that third hit on them to take advantage of it.

Faster Attacks Support now has, at high gem levels, an identical attack speed bonus to Multistrike. It avoids the backloading although it does cost more mana, which may be an issue. More importantly though, as a bonus, it gets 0.5% increased attack speed per quality, which is far more impactful than Multistrike's 0.5% increased physical damage per quality.

At any rate I think it would be close between the two, close enough I need to ask an expert about it. Do you have any thoughts on this? Apologies if this has already come up or you already took it into account. Also, I may be wrong on the Multistrike math, so sorry if that's wrong.

I think one of the big strengths we get from Multistrike, but not faster attacks, is the mana sustain. You were touching on it already, but it's a fairly big deal.

I'm using my PoB template as the outline here.

With Faster attacks on 6L, Frost Blades costs 16 mana.
Fully buffed, I get 11 APS. Thats 176 mana per second for us to repeatedly attack.

With multistrike, FB costs 25 mana.
Fully buffed, I get 14 APS. But since we only pay for every third hit, it only costs us 116 mana per second.

Multistrike is a lot easier to sustain.
Also, keep in mind that the damage calculation for Multistrike is still not fixed in PoB (afaik), so using PoB as an outlier may not work. I'm honestly not entirely sure about multistrike yet. But it has it's advantages over faster attacks.

Don't panic.
Dernière édition par Fiver, le 19 juin 2019 18:25:35
Hey, great job for this build :)
Can i've some advices on what should i need to upgrade first in my gear ? Have a 4 exa budget
With my lvl 22 Hatred ring, can i change my Hatred gemme for something else ?
I think i've all the mandatory point in my tree, am i right or i miss something ?
Hey, I feel like my damage is lacking a bit. I'm only in tier 7 maps but idk why my damage feels low. Did I do something wrong with my build?
Hey, really nice build! I think I got most of the parts now.
The only thing that I dont understand is why you use Frostbomb as your curse on hit spell. It needs so long to trigger the curse that most of the enemys are dead when it triggers...
"
Schwunges a écrit :
Hey, really nice build! I think I got most of the parts now.
The only thing that I dont understand is why you use Frostbomb as your curse on hit spell. It needs so long to trigger the curse that most of the enemys are dead when it triggers...

It's meant for bosses/tougher enemys and Frost Bomb itself also causes minus cold resistance.

@Fiver
Any tips on what my next update(s) could be? Except Taste of Hate :)
Dernière édition par ooFunky, le 20 juin 2019 15:34:01
Do you think it's possible to run most of this build on an assassin and get the similar results? Or can this only be done on raider?
"
OrennIshii a écrit :
Do you think it's possible to run most of this build on an assassin and get the similar results? Or can this only be done on raider?

You can, after having tried it before however i can advise I found it to not feel as enjoyable as you are sacrificing some measure of speed.
A heads up. I’m away for a few days and will not have access to a computer.
I won’t be able to check PoB’s etc, until I get back.
This will likely be on saturday evening or sunday morning GMT+1.

Don't panic.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires