[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
crzytimes a écrit :
What is used for leveling? ED / Contagion? Is there something that is faster?

You can pretty much level up with whatever you want. Freeze pulse is usually pretty strong for leveling though I usually just level up with blight myself because it really helps with learning to play the skill later on. However with all the new traps being added even one of those would be great for leveling I would imagine.
Hi, I recently start with your build after the end of bestiary. What jewel would you use as found that the skill tree with 6 jewel sockets. Spreading Rot x2, Watcher's eye, and what's the other three? Thanks!
the other 3 you could use jewels with %increased ES with either/both Chaos Damage & damage over time. Jewels are also a great place to get resistances and a little bit of strength.

Edit: Will be adjusting the tree/build for 3.3 as I've been tinkering with it throughout the league (minus when I took a break)
Dernière édition par FlasherCatcher, le 30 mai 2018 20:32:14
This is going to be my league starter in 3.3, so I have some questions regarding the build.

What advantages or main differences are there for going around the downside of the tree with shaper, rather than going above with alchemist? This build seems heavily survivability focused, are there some utility changes you would consider, and if so, in what cases?

Also, are curse effect nodes not worth picking up?

Thanks!
"
Yarrlequin a écrit :
This is going to be my league starter in 3.3, so I have some questions regarding the build.

What advantages or main differences are there for going around the downside of the tree with shaper, rather than going above with alchemist? This build seems heavily survivability focused, are there some utility changes you would consider, and if so, in what cases?

Also, are curse effect nodes not worth picking up?

Thanks!

With going down to shaper and the scion regen jewel node you gain a small amount of life regen and mana regen which will really help you with spam casting Blight. While 26% increased flask effect is pretty nice I haven't tried it out myself personally. Without going towards shaper you'd have no reason to grab the 2 jewel sockets that are nearby though, so it would probably be easier to go up this route. http://poeurl.com/bWz9

The build itself is very heavily focused on defense though this is true, however mainly due to tree limitations (there are only so many damage nodes that affect the skills we use).

The tree should work currently how it is, however a few days into league once more items are posted I'll be able to make better judgement calls on the direction of the build. (Might go void beacon instead of the curse path for ascend)
"
FlasherCatcher a écrit :
the other 3 you could use jewels with %increased ES with either/both Chaos Damage & damage over time. Jewels are also a great place to get resistances and a little bit of strength.

Edit: Will be adjusting the tree/build for 3.3 as I've been tinkering with it throughout the league (minus when I took a break)

Thanks for answering

May I know how do you max the resistance cap? I could not even make it all to 40 or above!

And do you have any idea why I always get slower and stun. .. the ascendancy perk and Allelopathy should prevent those happened
Dernière édition par tsuijm, le 2 juin 2018 10:43:02
"
tsuijm a écrit :
"
FlasherCatcher a écrit :

Thanks for answering

May I know how do you max the resistance cap? I could not even make it all to 40 or above!

And do you have any idea why I always get slower and stun. .. the ascendancy perk and Allelopathy should prevent those happened

You shouldn't be able to get stunned while you have ES, however there are other ways to be slowed. The gloves only make you immune to hinder, while you can still be maimed and chilled which cause their own slow effects on you.
"
FlasherCatcher a écrit :
"
tsuijm a écrit :
"
FlasherCatcher a écrit :

Thanks for answering

You shouldn't be able to get stunned while you have ES, however there are other ways to be slowed. The gloves only make you immune to hinder, while you can still be maimed and chilled which cause their own slow effects on you.

Thanks!!!

Still some more questions to ask:

1. How about the resistance cap? Do you have any suggestion?

2. If i change to impresence(CHAOS), how to maintain 180 strength for DO?

Thanks in advance
Dernière édition par tsuijm, le 3 juin 2018 09:24:54
You'll get most of your resistances from your rings and belt (a few from passives and/or jewels) You can possibly also run a purity of elements and a bismuth flask. I haven't had as much time to play as I would have liked so I'm almost level 30 =(

If you find some two-stone rings with a 15+ % or higher all res and a decent second res 30+ with atleast 35+ strength (or two preferred) You shouldn't have too much issue with strength or resistance.
You can also get a decent amount of strength on your belt if you find an es based belt.

so with those 3 items you can easily get 100+ strength, you might of course need a helper item to get Death's Oath on which in my case last league was a pair of gloves that gave like 30 strength however the ultimate reason for using a chaos impress is for the free curse, which sense we don't actually grab any curse effect it would be the same as having a full uptime of the curse flask (can't remember the name off hand though)

This league I'm going to try to keep the build as simple as possible and leave it more open for players to experiment and change it to fit them. This also includes many uniques that generally help the build, I personally want to squeeze in Vaal Blight which currently is really nice to use.

Hope this helps you some! I have to get back to cleaning =(
thanks for you help and share!!!

Love this guide and build

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires