[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

im just curious does multi strike roll same as crit? if it stuns once all 3 attacks will stun? otherwise why would you use it if they dont all stun or each time it rolls?
"
Chinchanpu a écrit :
im just curious does multi strike roll same as crit? if it stuns once all 3 attacks will stun? otherwise why would you use it if they dont all stun or each time it rolls?

Check the first message about stun mecanics : it doesn't depend of the attack (except in case of heavy strike that got an inbuilt ennemy stun treshold reduction) but of the damage dealt compared to ennemy stun treshold (that is reduced by our stuff/gems/passives). If you are to do enough damage with each of all 3 multistrike attacks, each will stun, but each successive stunning attack will just refresh the stun duration. The problem with multistrike is to do enough damage per hit to stun the target, not a good thing for big bosses, not a problem for weaklings.
"
CaMarchePas a écrit :
"
Chinchanpu a écrit :

Check the first message about stun mecanics : it doesn't depend of the attack (except in case of heavy strike that got an inbuilt ennemy stun treshold reduction) but of the damage dealt compared to ennemy stun treshold (that is reduced by our stuff/gems/passives). If you are to do enough damage with each of all 3 multistrike attacks, each will stun, but each successive stunning attack will just refresh the stun duration. The problem with multistrike is to do enough damage per hit to stun the target, not a good thing for big bosses, not a problem for weaklings.

Interesting but one thing what if i have the min for stunning shaper but not the 100% stun one how does multi strike roll it? whats the % chance to stun with min roll
"
Chinchanpu a écrit :
Interesting but one thing what if i have the min for stunning shaper but not the 100% stun one how does multi strike roll it? whats the % chance to stun with min roll

Stun is rolled on each hit, and Multistrike only makes you hit more often but deal less damage with each hit. There isn't anything else mystery about it (besides its interaction with Ruthless).

Say if your damage ranges from 100 to 300 per hit without Multistrike, and the damage needed to stun Shaper is 200, and the damage needed to 100% stun Shaper is 1000. Half your hits are capable of potentially stun Shaper because if you roll over 200 from 100-300, this hit can potentially stun.

Then after slotting Multistrike you will be dealing 30% less damage, from 70 to 210. Now, you need to roll over 200 from 70-210, and now only 7% of our hits are capable of potentially stun Shaper.

This is a demonstration of the importance of pursuing high damage per hit instead of attacks per second.

EDIT: The minimum damage to stun is the damage that results in 20% chance to stun; that's why the minimum should be 1/5 of the maximum.

To add to my first example when you deal damage ranging from 100 to 300, you first roll your damage, and let's say you're lucky and you rolled 250. 250 means 25% chance to stun given that damage needed to 100% stun is 1000. So you roll again for the stun, if you're lucky and hit the 25%, you land a stun; if not, you missed the stun.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 24 déc. 2018 12:36:32
hey all

started this up with intention of stunning shaper for fun memes

turns out i really enjoy the mapping life too. im running 6link groundslam for aoe clear in my loreweave chest, and a 6link tidebreaker for single target

the build is extremely safe. i went with overwhelm so i can guarantee the stuns during maps, and everything dies before it gets unstunned.

running two skills makes me have to run 3 thresholds however (2x empire and 1x groundslam) but i generate endurance charges with groundslam fairly consistently so thats a nice QoL

link to gear and pob below

https://pastebin.com/W4e8BgNX

Spoiler

some notes

my budget is fairly high and im used to playing EH ascendant which detroys all content. with that said, all of my gear is reasonably affordable

helm was about 50c, decent tri res/hp with enchant

boots and gaunts were about 5c total

rings and neck are fairly high budget, about 1-3 ex each

6link loreweave was self crafted and linked, about 1000 fuses total

bought 30% tidebreaker for about 35c, self linked in about 200 fuses

hatred watchers eye 1.5 ex

i swapped in a a watchers eye with hatred conversion to cold so i could run hypothermai instead of bloodlust. this allows me to chill syndicates (since they are stun immune...) and generally makes mapping a bit safer in 3.5. bloodlust is still a better dmg for single target, so i swapping out of it for shaper depending on stuns on shaper

i got +1 endurance charge red blades for about 4c investment. just search the 10% r.E.S.T mod, the other two rolls dont matter too much (life and fire res). I then self corrupted for +1 (took about 10 boots total to hit it)

some good QoL abyss jewels include onslaught on kill and damage penetraes ele resists if you havent killed yet

empires grasp corruption for curse on hit (temp chains, vulnerability) or %max hp or % attack speed are also super cheap

next post should hopefully some Vods of shaper stunning attempts!
Dernière édition par frawrst, le 11 janv. 2019 10:20:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1hm9ZzW0Y

^^ test succesful, full vod coming soon

final pob here

ty for fun af build <3
could you make like leveling progress node? like at level 20 take this path , level 40 this etc...

im really bad at leveling with full PoB , I never know what to take first :(
"
frawrst a écrit :
hey all

started this up with intention of stunning shaper for fun memes

Spoiler
turns out i really enjoy the mapping life too. im running 6link groundslam for aoe clear in my loreweave chest, and a 6link tidebreaker for single target

the build is extremely safe. i went with overwhelm so i can guarantee the stuns during maps, and everything dies before it gets unstunned.

running two skills makes me have to run 3 thresholds however (2x empire and 1x groundslam) but i generate endurance charges with groundslam fairly consistently so thats a nice QoL

link to gear and pob below

Spoiler

some notes

my budget is fairly high and im used to playing EH ascendant which detroys all content. with that said, all of my gear is reasonably affordable

helm was about 50c, decent tri res/hp with enchant

boots and gaunts were about 5c total

rings and neck are fairly high budget, about 1-3 ex each

6link loreweave was self crafted and linked, about 1000 fuses total

bought 30% tidebreaker for about 35c, self linked in about 200 fuses

hatred watchers eye 1.5 ex

i swapped in a a watchers eye with hatred conversion to cold so i could run hypothermai instead of bloodlust. this allows me to chill syndicates (since they are stun immune...) and generally makes mapping a bit safer in 3.5. bloodlust is still a better dmg for single target, so i swapping out of it for shaper depending on stuns on shaper

i got +1 endurance charge red blades for about 4c investment. just search the 10% r.E.S.T mod, the other two rolls dont matter too much (life and fire res). I then self corrupted for +1 (took about 10 boots total to hit it)

some good QoL abyss jewels include onslaught on kill and damage penetraes ele resists if you havent killed yet

empires grasp corruption for curse on hit (temp chains, vulnerability) or %max hp or % attack speed are also super cheap

next post should hopefully some Vods of shaper stunning attempts!

"
frawrst a écrit :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S1hm9ZzW0Y

^^ test succesful, full vod coming soon

final pob here

ty for fun af build <3

That was quite an effortless Shaper stun-locking; pretty good DPS as well. One comment is that the Empire's Grasp does nothing in Shaper fight - but we don't really need the glove slot anyways :D
"
William10 a écrit :
could you make like leveling progress node? like at level 20 take this path , level 40 this etc...

im really bad at leveling with full PoB , I never know what to take first :(

I don't post leveling tree because there isn't really a fixed tree. You should feel free to pick whatever suits your current needs while leveling.

You can take a look at the level 66 tree I posted in the guide. Almost all nodes either say damage or life, so you can be a bit creative and you can't go wrong with this tree.

The Duelist nodes are all pretty good, and Resolute Technique is very important as well. So if you start from the Marauder side, you should travel to Resolute Technique and then towards the Duelist area; if you start from the Duelist side, pick the Duelist nodes and then travel to Resolute Technique.

Meanwhile, if you're planning to make some occasional purchases of leveling maces, you can pick the mace wheels early; otherwise, leave the mace nodes until level 60ish.

There are many life nodes along the way. You can decide when to pick the life nodes based on your own game experience (if you're constantly dying or not).

One last advice would be that, if you find yourself lacking mana, mana nodes like Revelry can be considered for leveling.
i like memes too!

<3 brightwha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6duOYnkvdYs&feature=youtu.be

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires