[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
HunterMoon a écrit :
@brightwaha

Hey man, can you pls tell me which one of my weapons are better for bossing?

1- 414 DPS & 29% threshold.

2- 424 DPS & 26% threshold.

They are very close. I would use the 29% threshold one for bossing and the higher dps one for clearing.
i did red elder, cant stun him at all, traded 3 portals to kill him
can you look at my gear and tell me what i need ?
"
dtk92892 a écrit :
i did red elder, cant stun him at all, traded 3 portals to kill him
can you look at my gear and tell me what i need ?

There are several things I want to point out:

1. Move your Heavy Strike setup to Tidebreaker for the extra 7th link(Endurance on Melee Stun).

2. You're running Chance to Bleed with Heavy Strike, which offers far less damage compared to Bloodlust.

3. You're not running a Frenzy setup to generate frenzy charges, which slightly lowers your ability to stun.

4. Your totem cannot apply Maim, which slightly lowers your ability to stun.

5. Your belt offers 10% stun threshold instead of maximum of 15%; this 5% is not very huge but is something.

And a side note:

Red Elder has a huge life pool, which is comparable to that of Shaper's; so stunning Red Elder is almost as difficult as stunning Shaper. You need to gain every bit of sources of damage/stun threshold to be able to stun Elder.
I'm able to consistently stun t14 elder with the basic bloodlust setup, simply leap in and maul him down till the very end. He can't really do much to you when he's stunned, adds actually help for slayer if there are any. IMO phoenix fight is way trickier. Great build!
"
zebrasir a écrit :
I'm able to consistently stun t14 elder with the basic bloodlust setup, simply leap in and maul him down till the very end. He can't really do much to you when he's stunned, adds actually help for slayer if there are any. IMO phoenix fight is way trickier. Great build!

That's nice to hear. From my experience I also feel that the Elder fight is just way too simple for our build.

Phoenix fight is definitely trickier. Although we can stun-lock Phoenix, we would still die to adds if we don't kill them; so we actually have to move around and kill stuff in this fight.
BTW, guys, I was making some changes to the thread and, I wasn't able to submit my change because of me exceeding the 50000 character limit lol.

Now I regret not reserving the 2nd post for more content space.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 1 janv. 2018 20:17:20
"
brightwaha a écrit :

Can i ask, how Maim adds to the Stun concept ??
"
LiberAlley a écrit :
"
brightwaha a écrit :

Can i ask, how Maim adds to the Stun concept ??

I didn't word it correctly, it should be: "your totem cannot apply Maim Support debuff".

The ordinary Maim debuff itself(that slows movement speed) doesn't add anything to the stun concept, but Maim Support can apply another debuff to enemies, increasing their physical damage taken.

Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 3 janv. 2018 05:47:32
I'm clearing most content easily but i still struggle a bit vs some bosses, could you give me any pointers on where i could improve or if there's something i've missed? Great build by the way, lots of fun!

Edit: Just tried shaper, didn't feel like i could consitently stun him. There's something lacking but not sure what.
Dernière édition par xSeger, le 3 janv. 2018 15:15:03
"
xSeger a écrit :
I'm clearing most content easily but i still struggle a bit vs some bosses, could you give me any pointers on where i could improve or if there's something i've missed? Great build by the way, lots of fun!

Edit: Just tried shaper, didn't feel like i could consitently stun him. There's something lacking but not sure what.

Your setup seems fine, which bosses do you have trouble with? If it's Rigward then you do need to know the boss mechanics and play it safe.

It is pretty hard to be able to stun-lock Shaper, especially with a Slayer. If you really want some upgrades see my Luxurious Upgrades sub-section. Sometimes it's about RNG, if you're really unlucky then there isn't much you can do.

There are several item pieces you can upgrade, mostly jewels, but they won't help too much in stun-locking Shaper. Maybe you can try running Headsman and abusing the damage bonus with a Writhing Jar. You can consider giving up on Brutal Fervour as it basically only provides bleed immunity.

And btw, there are some weird choices you made in your passive tree, like, didn't pick the 6% life node near Devotion and picked a 10 strength node near the jewel socket above Devotion. Also, Retribution seems like an unarguably good node.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires