[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hey really cool idea. Do you have a video of your build in action? Wondering how the AoE is with Heavy Strike / Impact. Thanks.

Also up to what tier bosses have you been able to stun?

Trying to make a build in the beta similar to yours. Will let you know how it goes.

Depending on the AoE I might go Sunder for clearing and Heavy Strike for bosses.

Not sure how I feel about the Frenzy / Frenzy charges. I've been running Blood Rage on my Cyclone Slayer and it's hard to keep up Frenzy charges. If only there was a way to generate them w/o Frenzy.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden%27s_Brand might be a good option to keep up Frenzy charges. Needs 4 Frenzy Charges up to counteract the 15% reduced attack speed.

EDIT:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634472/page/1

This thread is amazing in regards to Impact vs Melee Splash. Not sure if this accurate but I got it from the thread.

Impact splash radius : 16.8
Melee splash radius: 18.326

GMT -7:00 PST
Dernière édition par nosl1w, le 15 juil. 2017 03:00:41
"
nosl1w a écrit :
Hey really cool idea. Do you have a video of your build in action? Wondering how the AoE is with Heavy Strike / Impact. Thanks.

Also up to what tier bosses have you been able to stun?

Trying to make a build in the beta similar to yours. Will let you know how it goes.

Depending on the AoE I might go Sunder for clearing and Heavy Strike for bosses.

Not sure how I feel about the Frenzy / Frenzy charges. I've been running Blood Rage on my Cyclone Slayer and it's hard to keep up Frenzy charges. If only there was a way to generate them w/o Frenzy.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden%27s_Brand might be a good option to keep up Frenzy charges. Needs 4 Frenzy Charges up to counteract the 15% reduced attack speed.

To answer your questions: I don't have any video recorded right now(maybe later). I was able to stun up to tier 15 and uber Izaro. Frenzy was used only for tough boss fights and blood rage was certainly enough to keep up frenzy charges for map clearing. The impact radius is actually larger than the melee splash most build gets because we have so many increase to aoe radius from our ascendancy tree.

As for the Warden Brand ring: I find it super useless. Frenzy charges were only meant to increase clear speed(blood rage already good enough), or to challenge large life pool bosses(where the Warden Brand ring does absolutely nothing).

I will also definitely put more work into this build when 3.0 comes out. Please let me know how your build plays out in beta!

This build look very fun. I will definitly come back to your page and see what 3.0 brings.

It seems like the "brutality" support on the main 6L + warchief with "maim support" could bring this build to a whole new level. Since physical damage is not resisted by the mobs (exception may apply) i feel like it could be worth to get that extra 54% more physical damage at the expense of added fire/taste of hate/ HoA/ Atziri's promise and focus exclusivly on physical damage. Perhaps finding a spot for phase run could also increase the damage potential giving a free 30% more melee physical damage.

I am also interested to see how the new support gem "ruthless" could be used in this build upping the base stun duration to 0.8 seconds instead of 0.35 seconds.

Finaly i was curious to see if there was a way to use the dualist sub class / haemophelia gloves for the bleed explosion to increase clear speed but not quite sure its worth it.

Cheers mate and thanks for the post.
Dernière édition par plasmaszap, le 17 juil. 2017 00:49:17
"
plasmaszap a écrit :
This build look very fun. I will definitly come back to your page and see what 3.0 brings.

It seems like the "brutality" support on the main 6L + warchief with "maim support" could bring this build to a whole new level. Since physical damage is not resisted by the mobs (exception may apply) i feel like it could be worth to get that extra 54% more physical damage at the expense of added fire/taste of hate/ HoA/ Atziri's promise and focus exclusivly on physical damage. Perhaps finding a spot for phase run could also increase the damage potential giving a free 30% more melee physical damage.

I am also interested to see how the new support gem "ruthless" could be used in this build upping the base stun duration to 0.8 seconds instead of 0.35 seconds.

Finaly i was curious to see if there was a way to use the dualist sub class / haemophelia gloves for the bleed explosion to increase clear speed but not quite sure its worth it.

Cheers mate and thanks for the post.

Yes, I will definitely test how the build works with the new Brutality and Maim support gems. As for the rest (the bleed glove, phase run, etc), I currently don't see them very appealing, but we will see when 3.0 comes out.

By the way, I don't see a gem called "ruthless", did I miss any announcements?

Cheers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6nooxq/the_utility_of_ruthless_support/

Basicly 30% chance to get 75%more melee damage inflicting a 0.8sec base stun. This is major for stun build !

I am so hyped to play around stun with 3.0. Your post is truely inspiring.

If i see any info that could be benificial to this build with 3.0 i will glady share it here :)
Dernière édition par plasmaszap, le 17 juil. 2017 16:19:15
"
plasmaszap a écrit :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6nooxq/the_utility_of_ruthless_support/

Basicly 30% chance to get 75%more melee damage inflicting a 0.8sec base stun. This is major for stun build !

I am so hyped to play around stun with 3.0. Your post is truely inspiring.

If i see any info that could be benificial to this build with 3.0 i will glady share it here :)

Thanks for the info. Seems like it's a really solid gem and a pure physical stun build might be very viable in 3.0. Now I can't wait to see how different variations of this stun build performs in 3.0.
I made a perma-stun build with Ground Slam a while back (before Ascendancy) - I think it is also very viable while providing better clear speed than heavy strike. At the time, I was also able to perma-stun most bosses. But I also crafted a very nice mace :)

1. Ground Slam gem also gives stun threshold reduction (25% at lvl 20)

2. Rapid Expansion jewel gives us Endurance Charge generation (less dependent on Tidebreaker) and AOE

3. no inherent knockback means we don't need Empire's Grasp gloves

My build was based off Niffler's 2.0 PermaStun Build, which has a nice video.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1337122

Any thoughts on Ground Slam? Did you consider it, or why was it ruled out?
"
Vehumet a écrit :
I made a perma-stun build with Ground Slam a while back (before Ascendancy) - I think it is also very viable while providing better clear speed than heavy strike. At the time, I was also able to perma-stun most bosses. But I also crafted a very nice mace :)

Any thoughts on Ground Slam? Did you consider it, or why was it ruled out?

When the Tidebreaker Mace first came out, I planned to use ground slam and play Berserker. Ground Slam has everything we need except damage, and damage is the one and only reason that I gave up my Berserker character and chose to use Heavy Strike with Duelist Slayer.

Heavy Strike deals 196% damage at lvl 21 and Ground Slam deals 122%; also, Heavy Strike jewels provide 40% chance to deal double damage. So just by swapping Ground Slam with Heavy Strike and put in 2 jewels, it's a 125% MORE damage difference; in other words, if ground slam deals 10k damage, heavy strike deals 22.5k.

Also, having 40% chance to deal double damage is way more than just 40% more damage: it doubles your capacity to stun. And besides that, there is one more reason to use Heavy Strike: it only costs 5 mana; it may seem weird but we do have a very low mana pool(thus restricted mana leech rate) and we have a 7-link weapon, having the lowest mana cost skill is very important for us.

I currently see no reason to use Ground Slam at all. Things may change in 3.0 which is coming out very soon, I may consider testing Ground Slam if there are any more changes to it.
Just set up my level 88 slayer on beta with a 5L tidebreaker and Empire's Grasp.
Quick video: https://youtu.be/cNksPFibL_I

Running heavy Strike with Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Ruthless, Melee Physical Damage. On bosses I switch Multistrike with Stun. (136% Stun Threshold Reduction) I also run Herald of Ash to help with AoE. Also Hatred and Blood Rage.

Really don't like using Heavy Strike with the Impact ascendency for clear. Still need to fully level up Heavy Strike, but name locking / AoE is really clunky and slow for me.

Been running Cyclone for clear and Heavy Strike for bosses instead. I run Warlord's Mark with Blasphemy instead of Herald of Ash. Will probably switch out of Impact for Endless Hunger. Problem is there are a lot of multi boss bosses. I don't really like running Empire's Grasp either because of the huge loss in life / res / attack spd / phys dmg stats. I've been just running in to a corner to lure the bosses and just Heavy Strike them again the wall.

Will test on Uber Izaro and see if stun / dmg is enough.

Up to date tree / gear on PoB:
http://poeurl.com/bnc5
https://pastebin.com/dSDVxsxh

Only 103 pts so far. Will get one more Endurance Charge and finish out Scion life wheel / Mace wheel. Will have 199% inc life from tree. In HO, Cyclone is 35k, HS is 37k with multi 27k with stun.
GMT -7:00 PST
Dernière édition par nosl1w, le 23 juil. 2017 21:07:41
"
nosl1w a écrit :

Running heavy Strike with Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Ruthless, Melee Physical Damage. On bosses I switch Multistrike with Stun.

Have you tested Added Fire Damage and the new(revised) Elemental Damage with Attacks gem? I think without Brutality gem you can swap out Faster Attacks and Ruthless. The Brutality gem disables HoA and Hatred, which is very awkward because there are just not any good physical auras. (It does bring the possibility of using MoM because we can reserve 0% mana and we can have good mana leech. In parentheses because this idea doesn't seem practical.)

"
nosl1w a écrit :

Really don't like using Heavy Strike with the Impact ascendency for clear. Still need to fully level up Heavy Strike, but name locking / AoE is really clunky and slow for me.

Been running Cyclone for clear and Heavy Strike for bosses instead.

I have tested nearly all other melee skills and I didn't like any of them. Seems to me that although it took some time I eventually got used to name-locking. I also really liked Empire's Grasp. People do have different play-styles and preferences and I admit melee single target skill is not for everyone, so stay with what you are comfortable with.

Thanks for sharing your beta test progress and I hope to see more about it. You can also test out a crit version with Hegemony's Era, the crit version can easily achieve more than 1 million dps with flasks on(same stun capacity due to not having the Tidebreaker) but you will need to invest more into those crit points further along the tree.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires