[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hello,

Thanks for your build. Actuelly leveling a slayer in standard, and falling in love with bane of legend :)

Just some questions :

- Is carcass jack is relevant to help for clear speed with heavy strike ? Bonus of area damage work with the splash giving by "impact" skill ? And taking the node who increase area of effect too ?
- In case of "yes", need to take " iron reflexes" node ?
- Your glove counter the knockback effect of Lion's roar ?

Apologise my english, not fluent.

Thanks you for your responses :)

Ulren
"
Ulren001 a écrit :
Hello,

Thanks for your build. Actuelly leveling a slayer in standard, and falling in love with bane of legend :)

Just some questions :

- Is carcass jack is relevant to help for clear speed with heavy strike ? Bonus of area damage work with the splash giving by "impact" skill ? And taking the node who increase area of effect too ?
- In case of "yes", need to take " iron reflexes" node ?
- Your glove counter the knockback effect of Lion's roar ?

Apologise my english, not fluent.

Thanks you for your responses :)

Ulren

Slayer ascendancy already gives you 45% increased AOE. With the new AOE mechanics, adding another 20% from Carcass is not going to be significant. I just think there are many better body armour options. You can pick up the AOE passive nodes if you want a larger radius, but it's not going to be very noticeable.

Iron Reflexes is only useful in very limited cases, so I would normally not recommend picking Iron Reflexes unless you have a specific reason to do so.

Empire's Grasp gloves will reverse knockback directions from all sources. So yes, you won't have to worry about the knockback from Lion's Roar anymore. (And if you use Sunder, this reverse knockback from Lion's Roar can be very handy.)

Want to play a stun build in the new league. Will you be updating this build when the new league comes out? Mainly wondering if Vaal Pact is moved to where it looks like it will be. Also, thinking about going with a duel curse set up. Temp Chains and Enfeeble. Didn't see if you were running any auras. How do you feel about the duel curse?
Read the guild in more detail about curses. Know what you think about them.
"
Rick2015 a écrit :
Want to play a stun build in the new league. Will you be updating this build when the new league comes out? Mainly wondering if Vaal Pact is moved to where it looks like it will be. Also, thinking about going with a duel curse set up. Temp Chains and Enfeeble. Didn't see if you were running any auras. How do you feel about the duel curse?

"
Rick2015 a écrit :

Yes, I will keep playing this build myself and this build will always be updated. The new Vaal Pact could be very useful for Slayer and that will be the first thing to test out for me.

About curses, I have a Vulnerability curse from my glove corruption, and I believe that's the most efficient way to make use of curses(besides being expensive). On the gem setup section, I actually only mentioned 17 gems out of 18 sockets we have. So if you want to run a curse gem you may link it with CWDT; Blasphemy is also doable but you can run one less aura.

As for the dual curse Temp Chains and Enfeeble, my first thought is that we will have a hard time finding 'enemies can have 1 additional curse'; thus we can basically only run one curse. I also don't like the Temp Chains and Enfeeble choices. There are mostly two ways we take damage, from ranged monsters before we approach them, or from certain mechanics(say Detonate Dead casted by some rare mob); besides these situations we just stun what we see and don't take damage at all. I don't see how those defensive curses can help in either of the situations.

As mentioned in the build, the best curse options in my opinion are Vulnerability or Elemental Weakness. They are both offense options. If you really like to run a defensive curse, then either Temp Chains or Enfeeble will be fine.
Thinking about making your build my 3.1 league starter. How do you think the new Ancestral call support would work with heavy strike? Do you think that it could be viable to just map clear with heavy strike + ancestral call + slayer splash + herald of fire and still stun / clear the packs just fine? Maybe just gem swap ancestral call to something that provides more DPS for bosses ofc. Would propably be a bit slower than swapping to sunder for map clear thou, I suppose.
"
Opalitic a écrit :
Thinking about making your build my 3.1 league starter. How do you think the new Ancestral call support would work with heavy strike? Do you think that it could be viable to just map clear with heavy strike + ancestral call + slayer splash + herald of fire and still stun / clear the packs just fine? Maybe just gem swap ancestral call to something that provides more DPS for bosses ofc. Would propably be a bit slower than swapping to sunder for map clear thou, I suppose.

I used to clear maps with just Heavy Strike and Slayer splash, and it was alright. I think Ancestral Call should make the pack clearing experience better, but maybe with Herald of Ash we are already bursting packs down reasonably fast. So I'm not so sure if Ancestral Call would be a good choice, we will see when it comes out.

Afterall, clearing with Heavy Strike is totally fine, and I leveled my Slayer to lvl 93 this way.
@brightwaha

Can you perhaps mock-up a JUGG build variant using the new gloves?

These:

Here's the PoB item code:

"
Oskarm
Nubuck Gloves
Quality: 20
LevelReq: 33
Implicits: 0
{range:0.5}(30-40)% increased Accuracy Rating
{range:0.5}+(40-50) to maximum Life
{range:0.5}-(10-20)% to Chaos Resistance
{range:0.5}(0-20)% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
Curse Enemies with level 10 Assassin's Mark on Hit
{range:0.2}(0-20)% increased Critical Strike Chance per 200 Accuracy Rating

Getting some accuracy % on gear and from jugg ascendancy, plus the crit % from gloves should provide some juicy deeps, right?

I know: losing the reverse-knockback gloves is kinda shitty with heavy strike, since it pushes mobs away :D
"
@brightwaha

Can you perhaps mock-up a JUGG build variant using the new gloves?
Spoiler

These:

Here's the PoB item code:

"
Oskarm
Nubuck Gloves
Quality: 20
LevelReq: 33
Implicits: 0
{range:0.5}(30-40)% increased Accuracy Rating
{range:0.5}+(40-50) to maximum Life
{range:0.5}-(10-20)% to Chaos Resistance
{range:0.5}(0-20)% Chance to Dodge Spell Damage
Curse Enemies with level 10 Assassin's Mark on Hit
{range:0.2}(0-20)% increased Critical Strike Chance per 200 Accuracy Rating

Getting some accuracy % on gear and from jugg ascendancy, plus the crit % from gloves should provide some juicy deeps, right?

I know: losing the reverse-knockback gloves is kinda shitty with heavy strike, since it pushes mobs away :D

Long post so I put everything in spoiler.

Several initial thoughts about this glove:
Spoiler

1. This (0-20)% increased Critical Strike Chance cannot be real, with max roll and 5000 Accuracy, there will be 1000% inc crit chance. I believe as the sample item shown has only 2%, this mod should be a fixed 2%.

2. Tidebreaker is a 5% base crit chance weapon, and there are no crit centered mace passive, so there is very mediocre returns for building crit around Tidebreaker. To build around crit we need either Hegemony's Era or Starforge or maybe a rare weapon.

3. We are already lacking resists and making good use of support gems, so there is no way to get crit related jewelries or gems. We kind of have to use Abyssus for this crit variation to work, but that's a huge cut to our defenses.

4. Berserker's 40% more damage is by itself extremely insane, and even with a crit version with this new glove, Juggernaut cannot achieve the same level of dps.

5. And yes, losing the reverse knock-back will be painful unless you're hitting knock-back immune bosses like Shaper.

Then using PoB, I compared several versions with Tidebreaker, Hegemony's Era, Starforge and my mirrored rare mace. Now several thoughts:
Spoiler

1. Yes, we need Abyssus to put the crit version(around 40% more damage) and Berserker is still a better choice in terms of dps.

2. This glove may provide around 10% more damage.

3. The whole crit version(say, Hegemony's Era) may achieve around 50%(or more) more damage than a Tidebreaker, but that's mostly due to having Abyssus. That's also due to the fact that Tidebreaker is not a pure dps weapon, my mirrored rare mace has higher dps without crit.

Now my concerns:
Spoiler

1. Is it necessary to push a crit version without Abyssus, or is it worth it to use Abyssus(sacrificing survival for dps)?

2. For the crit version, is it necessary to use the new gloves? 10% more damage or reverse-knockback? If so, is it worth it to choose Juggernaut?

3. Without Tidebreaker, can we still stun? This is a serious question, not only because this is a stun build to begin with, also because stunning enemies is the only defensive mechanics we have, besides high life pool and leech.

4. Long time ago I made several attempts to build around Hegemony's Era, and the chance to gain power charge on crit from the staff passive node works very poorly with a low attack rate stun build. During boss fights it's very hard to generate these power charges, so the actual dps is lower than that on paper.

No good build can be made just by staring at numbers, without trying them we will never know the hidden weaknesses. But here are my interpretations:
Spoiler

1. Hegemony's Era + Oskarm will work with either Berserker or Juggernaut, but I think it's better with a more dexterity centered build, maybe Scion could also be a good choice to look into. For ascendant choices, maybe get Slayer and Raider for the easy leech, frenzy charge and speed. If you build around stun, you can still stun quite a lot, but I doubt this build's ability to stun endgame bosses.

2. Tidebreaker and this stun focused build should find a hard time making use of crits. Currently, I don't find how Tidebreaker and Oskarm can work together.

Sorry I won't link a PoB build or anything for the variants I have thought of, I don't want to link anything that's potentially bad. But I will still be thinking about this whole idea and maybe give more thoughts or even a complete PoB build later.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 4 déc. 2017 13:06:39
"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
Rick2015 a écrit :

"
Rick2015 a écrit :

Yes, I will keep playing this build myself and this build will always be updated. The new Vaal Pact could be very useful for Slayer and that will be the first thing to test out for me.

About curses, I have a Vulnerability curse from my glove corruption, and I believe that's the most efficient way to make use of curses(besides being expensive). On the gem setup section, I actually only mentioned 17 gems out of 18 sockets we have. So if you want to run a curse gem you may link it with CWDT; Blasphemy is also doable but you can run one less aura.

As for the dual curse Temp Chains and Enfeeble, my first thought is that we will have a hard time finding 'enemies can have 1 additional curse'; thus we can basically only run one curse. I also don't like the Temp Chains and Enfeeble choices. There are mostly two ways we take damage, from ranged monsters before we approach them, or from certain mechanics(say Detonate Dead casted by some rare mob); besides these situations we just stun what we see and don't take damage at all. I don't see how those defensive curses can help in either of the situations.

As mentioned in the build, the best curse options in my opinion are Vulnerability or Elemental Weakness. They are both offense options. If you really like to run a defensive curse, then either Temp Chains or Enfeeble will be fine.

Thanks

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires