[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

This build has been a blast to play probably my favourite melee build in a while.

I took down all the guardians , still missing shaper but i no longer have the time to play as much as in the summer.

I started to try the phys version of the build , we replace Multistrike for brutality right?
Also swapping to a another 2 hand with sunder (with bleed + culling trash just explodes) as somebody said and taking headman's just makes the build excellent.
Dernière édition par kazzo92, le 24 sept. 2017 18:57:19
"
kazzo92 a écrit :

This build has been a blast to play probably my favourite melee build in a while.

I took down all the guardians , still missing shaper but i no longer have the time to play as much as in the summer.

I started to try the phys version of the build , we replace Multistrike for brutality right?
Also swapping to a another 2 hand with sunder (with bleed + culling trash just explodes) as somebody said and taking headman's just makes the build excellent.

I noticed you actually did not even bother to add master mods to your belt... anyway.

Yes, generally we replace the slot of Multistrike/Stun Support with Multistrike. Multistrike might still be useful in some cases. For example during Minotaur fight you should swap out Bloodlust and use maybe Multistrike.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 25 sept. 2017 11:30:52
Hey there, I noticed that you have changed to a pure physical setup with brutality and haste.
I'm curious about whether the setup with ele dmg or the pure phy. one is better.
Also, as you have pointed out that with ruthless, stun duration is not that important, is this means getting Overwhelm is pointless?
"
g0dkeith a écrit :
Hey there, I noticed that you have changed to a pure physical setup with brutality and haste.
I'm curious about whether the setup with ele dmg or the pure phy. one is better.
Also, as you have pointed out that with ruthless, stun duration is not that important, is this means getting Overwhelm is pointless?

I believe overall, pure phys might be a better option because with the pure phys variation we don't need to use Stun support and sacrifice dps for stun capability. That said, I still believe they are very close. The ele dmg version gets more burst potential, which is actually quite important for our build.

As for Overwhelm. I do find it pretty pointless. The 20% chance to double stun duration is unlikely to work out. Slayer's other choices in the ascendancy are just much more appealing.
Hi, im currently using Tidebreaker with Ground Slam, but it is quite underwhelming, might switch next league to convert phys to lightning with a Brain Rattler.

But anyway, I still feel like I could use Tidebreaker and Heavy Strike just might do the trick. My question is, do you think being a Juggernaut will make a difference? Especially with the increase damage per endurance charge paired together with Veruso's Battering Rams, I'm thinking of scaling the damage further with endurance charges.

Also, how do you splash the Heavy Strike for speed clears? Do you use a melee splash support and switch it off for bosses?
Dernière édition par Kosai, le 25 sept. 2017 22:43:52
"
Kosai a écrit :
Hi, im currently using Tidebreaker with Ground Slam, but it is quite underwhelming, might switch next league to convert phys to lightning with a Brain Rattler.

But anyway, I still feel like I could use Tidebreaker and Heavy Strike just might do the trick. My question is, do you think being a Juggernaut will make a difference? Especially with the increase damage per endurance charge paired together with Veruso's Battering Rams, I'm thinking of scaling the damage further with endurance charges.

Also, how do you splash the Heavy Strike for speed clears? Do you use a melee splash support and switch it off for bosses?

Ground Slam is underwhelming because the base damage of this skill is simply really really low; Heavy Strike with threshold jewel can deal 2.4 times the damage of Ground Slam with the same setup. Brain Rattler doesn't seem like a good choice to me, mobs have resistances and converting phy to lightning actually reduces your damage.

Juggernaut plus Veruso's Battering Rams gives 10% inc dmg per endurance charge, let's say you manage to get 7 endurance charges and that's 70% inc dmg, which is around 7.4% more damage when I added that damage to my character(Path of Building calculation), but I will lose the 40% more damage and other damage sources from Berserker ascendancy. So I really don't think it's a good way to go; I believe it's a common mistake to overestimate how much 'increased damage' does.

With Slayer we can get splash from ascendancy, otherwise we need Splash support. We could also always have another 6-link sunder on chest or another weapon to clear, it's more costly but definitely works better.
I did heavy strike on my starforge bezerker, kinda expect the results will be the same. And it's op when it comes to the crit variety.

Yet, I really can't seem to find a sunder build...but thankfully I was able to take a review with your passive points/skill allocation. Oh boy i'm glad I did, and just made a sunder slayer for the fun. Overall, super happy with the results, high tier maps and guardians without any issue.

With the HH and vulnerability on hit gloves, I was pushing <2 min maps and rivals my mind fang lacerate crit build.

DPS setup
- 1.35 mill combat map dps...gets more insane with HH buffs
- 960 k shaper dps with sunder/AW total + flask (Sorta outdated, got new jewels)
Spoiler

Farm
Spoiler

Pastbin
https://pastebin.com/NHG8dCw4
Dernière édition par Molochmane, le 27 sept. 2017 02:59:28
"
Molochmane a écrit :
I did heavy strike on my starforge bezerker, kinda expect the results will be anyways. And it's op when it comes to the crit variety.

Yet, I really can't seem to find a sunder build...but thankfully I was able to take a review with your passive points/skill allocation. Oh boy i'm glad I did, and just made a sunder slayer for the fun. Overall, super happy with the results, high tier maps and guardians without any issue.

With the HH and vulnerability on hit gloves, I was pushing <2 min maps and rivals my mind fang lacerate crit build.

DPS setup (960 k shaper dps with sunder/AW total + flask ) (Sorta outdated, got new jewels)
Spoiler

Farm
Spoiler

Pastbin
https://pastebin.com/NHG8dCw4

Holy shit... Those gears...
how does the bloodlust works here? i mean it says it increase dmg against bleeding enemies but cannot inflict bleed. so how do we inflict bleed?
"
Tylwyth a écrit :
how does the bloodlust works here? i mean it says it increase dmg against bleeding enemies but cannot inflict bleed. so how do we inflict bleed?

We apply bleed from our totem, see passive wheel 'Bloody Bludgeon'. Bloodlust gem is used mostly during boss fight, and does not work well during mapping.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires