[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hi! Judging from what you said in the previous post:

1. I need a high enough average damage to increase the chance of stunning in a single hit, but high enough total DPS for constant consistent stunlocking. Is that what you meant?

2. So then if those two factors are the case,

- how much average damage "the numbers" do I need to reach in order to have 100% chance or near 100% chance of stunning in a single hit?

- how much total DPS "the numbers" do I need to reach in order to have constant consistent stunlocking?

Thanks!
"
MasterChief22530 a écrit :
Hi! Judging from what you said in the previous post:

1. I need a high enough average damage to increase the chance of stunning in a single hit, but high enough total DPS for constant consistent stunlocking. Is that what you meant?

2. So then if those two factors are the case,

- how much average damage "the numbers" do I need to reach in order to have 100% chance or near 100% chance of stunning in a single hit?

- how much total DPS "the numbers" do I need to reach in order to have constant consistent stunlocking?

Thanks!

1. Yes, this is what I meant. Also keep in mind that r.E.S.T. and stun duration also play a role here.

2. To calculate how much damage is needed to 100% stun, you need your target monster's hp pool and your r.E.S.T. You can check the More Info - Stun Mechanics section in the guide or the wiki page for the formula, but it's easy to calculate. In the Stun Mechanics section I also had some sample calculations done there.

However, it's extremely difficult and inefficient to pursue a 100% stun chance on all your hits. Rather, it's better to have around 100% stun chance for a double damage Ruthless hit - then with enough r.E.S.T., stun duration and attack rate, you will achieve satisfying stun-locking.

As for total DPS, it's more complicated. Your r.E.S.T. and stun duration are also huge factors when it comes to stun-locking.

Generally speaking, you can compare your DPS with my own PoB page. If you can achieve around half of my DPS, then anything besides Shaper, Elder, Sirus shouldn't be a problem. Consistent stun-locking on Shaper, Elder and Sirus requires gears and DPS close to the ones I have (besides the corrupted Tidebreaker, which I don't expect many people to be able to obtain).

I know you probably want a number here, but it would really be an oversimplification if I just give you a number. Your r.E.S.T. and stun duration really matters here. If you want a better grasp of your stun capability, you can use the simulation code I posted in the guide - it's a bit tricky to use but it can be a very useful planning tool.
Thanks for the replies.

How much do you think your stun build can do if it's min maxed? Best Gears, Best weapons...best everything. PEAK DPS?

Thanks.
"
Thanks for the replies.

How much do you think your stun build can do if it's min maxed? Best Gears, Best weapons...best everything. PEAK DPS?

Thanks.

I wonder how good are you picturing the ""best gears". With the theoretically best gears that no one will ever realistically own, you should probably go crit and stack crit multiplier with the insane gears. How much DPS can such build get? Maybe 20 million, maybe 40 million.

But it's really unrealistic and this build selects Resolute Technique as this is a generally better choice for most people.

With pretty good gears each taking many exalts and are difficult to obtain, I think the number is going to be somewhere around 10 million with Berserker; or up to 20 million, depending on if you count conditional buffs or not.

Generally, most people will achieve a fraction of this DPS - maybe 3-4 million. And it's really not a problem for us. As long as we can stun-lock, DPS is nothing besides killing endgame bosses some seconds faster.

There are ways to achieve higher DPS, but they are either way too unobtainable, or at a high expense of stun capability, survival, or clear speed.
So which one of your stun build should I use for the next league?

1. The build listed on your web page with with the entropy beads, foe stone crimson jewel, cataclsm essence jewel, ghoul blow crimson jewel, rapture stone crimson jewel...etc?

OR

should I use the stun build from your POB listed as: https://pastebin.com/a0p3qxvp with the vivid curio crimson jewel, chimeric blunt crimson jewel, and the sol batter crimson jewel...etc?

Which one is better? I just don't konw which build is up to date.

2. Which of the 7 annointments you've listed on your amulet will aid the most in stunning bosses like sirius, shaper, and elder?

"
So which one of your stun build should I use for the next league?

1. The build listed on your web page with with the entropy beads, foe stone crimson jewel, cataclsm essence jewel, ghoul blow crimson jewel, rapture stone crimson jewel...etc?

OR

should I use the stun build from your POB listed as: https://pastebin.com/a0p3qxvp with the vivid curio crimson jewel, chimeric blunt crimson jewel, and the sol batter crimson jewel...etc?

Which one is better? I just don't konw which build is up to date.

2. Which of the 7 annointments you've listed on your amulet will aid the most in stunning bosses like sirius, shaper, and elder?

1. The PoB page is always the most up to date. But also keep in mind that the PoB page uses gears that I own, which might not be optimal; so you should read the Gears section and make sure you know why I used those gears and affixes.

2. It kind of depends. For example, if you play Berserker, Battle Cry offers very little on paper, but the split second it saves really matters in stun-locking. Kinematic Impacts really help with stunning, but at the same time maybe you want to pick the whole wheel if you want to focus on stunning Sirus, then you need to anoint something else.
@OP

Nice job making this build alive for so long!

I want to try it next league but I would like to get your thoughts regarding some points:

1) League mechanics favors clear speed and damage spreading. Do you think it's possible to use a good clear setup combined with the stun (heavy strike) setup, doing a fast switch between them? What do you suggest for speed?(ground slam, Cyclone)

2) Can you give some insights to start the league with this build?

3) Slayer or Berserker? I'm planning to do some tests with a berserker on standard (got the equips and a dummy jugger to respec). Which one could reach a better life pool?

Thanks in advance and keep the good work!
"
MetalSlave a écrit :
@OP

Nice job making this build alive for so long!

I want to try it next league but I would like to get your thoughts regarding some points:

1) League mechanics favors clear speed and damage spreading. Do you think it's possible to use a good clear setup combined with the stun (heavy strike) setup, doing a fast switch between them? What do you suggest for speed?(ground slam, Cyclone)

2) Can you give some insights to start the league with this build?

3) Slayer or Berserker? I'm planning to do some tests with a berserker on standard (got the equips and a dummy jugger to respec). Which one could reach a better life pool?

Thanks in advance and keep the good work!

1. I think this is already well adapted in this build. Usually the set up would be a Cyclone or Ground Slam 6-link in one of your Tidebreaker and then a Heavy Strike 6-link in the other Tidebreaker. I personally like Cyclone, but I have also heard from other people liking Ground Slam, Flicker, Sunder, etc. and also Heavy Strike with Melee Splash.

2. Usually the league start experience highly depends on the meta. During the melee league the league start was tough as Tidebreaker and Devoto's were a couple exalts each. This time I don't expect Tidebreaker to be expensive so the transition from your leveling gears to a full build would be pretty smooth this time. Since we demand niche cluster jewels I also expect these new league items to be fairly obtainable. So... I don't really have any suggestions besides to watch the market and buy key items cheap when prices fluctuate.

3. Slayer has better defense. It's not just about life pool, but about other mitigations, life leech and regen. If you're concerned about survival then Slayer would be a good choice. Berserker is faster and deals a higher DPS, so go Berserker if that's what you'd like to have.
Took a long break from league and just thought I would provide an update.

Shaper and Elder were easily stunlocked with the gear in my profile, except swap out ancestral call, multistrike and melee splash with ruthless, melee phys. and stun support.

Sirus I never could consistently stunlock, but I could intermittently stun him. My gear is not completely optimized and I am not sure it would be worth spending many exalts to get the damage to just stun-lock this one boss. Maybe I will try if I build up a lot more currency.

I also have to say I had a heck of a time with the Phoenix guardian using heavy strike. Although he can be stunlocked, he takes a while to bring down and he has adds that require you to disengage the boss. It's probably a lot easier with something like cyclone. Perhaps I need to experiment more with the support gems for heavy strike, as ancestral call helps out a bit here.

Thanks to OP for sticking with this build. It was a lot of fun.
Gonna be such a nice league with this build. No reason for me to deviate from it, it just gets better and better, especially since, like Brightwaha mentioned, our gear is gonna be cheaper.

The new Vaal Skill notables are odd, I don't think I'll use the one that throws a 20% damage ailment on you, already doing well enough!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires