Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Anointedone a écrit :
How do you call a build that requires a 6-10ex chest piece “beginner friendly”? Sure, you don’t need inpulsa, but....you basically need inpulsa. It’s a great build, and very well written. Trust me, I played it through shaper. Realized how squishy I was, with average boss damage. Went vortex occultist, and breezed through the game. Deathless Uber elder, zero issues with syndicates, and can basically face tank every guardian.
"
Bl4ckExe a écrit :
As a beginner I feel like you are right, I have over 100 hours played on my char that uses this build(some of that time spent AFK), I still don't have good items and can't complete maps higher than tier 13. I don't have the currency to get better gear, all my currency went into getting Watcher's eye with the mana leech and Inpulsa(which I linked). I usually die about 2-3 times in tier 10-13 maps, and most bosses one or 2 hit me. I choose this build because of the fact that it is said Beginner friendly and I don't think a Glass Cannon build can be beginner friendly. It is a very good, well written guide but I don't think it is beginner friendly in anyway.

It’s very simple.
(1) The expensive items in this build are Inpulsa’s and Watcher’s Eye. Impulsa’s is for speed clearing and a mediocre amount of boss damage, and Watchers Eye is a QoL upgrade. Neither are required for the build to function. In fact, there is not a single required piece to function.
(2) It doesn’t matter what build you play, if you are dying a lot then your either need to fix quality of gear issues or learn the mechanics. If your preference is to facetank, then there are builds for that, but they still require investment. There are builds for high single target, fast map clears, etc. There are no builds that do everything, at least not without heavy investment.
(3) I don’t care when you started, if you are fighting Shaper, Uber Elder, or any of the other end game bosses, you have graduated from “beginner.” And if that is not the case, then you are simply doing content you are not ready for. These bosses are hard and require skill and practice which will inevitably lead to several deaths.
(4) If a boss is 1-2 shorting you, then first identify why. There are moves in the game that are heavily telegraphed and designed to nuke. Move out of the way. If it is a normal attack, then your defenses simply are not up to par.
(5) Realized that many, if not most, of us at higher tiers have modified the build at least in some way. The Lightning Spire addition for example is a rediculouse damage boost.
(6) As Bl4ckExe mentioned, the guide is very well written. It goes in depth into nearly everything. It even has a leveling guide tailored to the build. Any new player who actually reads through it will learn a lot that most builds assume you already know.
(7) While technically not the guide/build themselves, the community is great. This forum goes through 10+ pages most days. There is help and advice for those who want it.
"
Motiqi a écrit :
Hello all!

Wonderful guide, Enki! Thanks for putting this together.

So I'm quite new to PoE and still learning the ropes. I have a question regarding cold snap level. In the guide you mention keeping it at level 7, why is that?
"
Keep CwDt at Lv1, Immortal Call at Lv3 and Cold Snap at Lv7 for consistent procs!

CWDT is one of a few gems in the game that includes a debuff factor. The gem will only proc spell gems of equal or less required level that itself. L1 requires a player level of 38, so everything we want it to proc cannot be higher than 38. The gems we link to it are used for utility more so than damage. Also, the higher CWDT is leveled, the more damage you are required to receive before it will proc.
"
blg_RealiZe a écrit :
"
I_GameR a écrit :

Any innovative thoughts on improving my build version or not?

5-link lightning spire trap
single target DPS is just disgusting. I have not idea how to calculate lightning spire trap DPS, but 3 traps and casting arc on top of that feels close to 4-5 million single target DPS

I literally kill t16 bosses as fast as my 4.5 mil DPS blade flurry champion from delve league

And probably just buy +1 lvl gems inpulsa's (with lvl 4 empower), it's like 30-50ex for about 15% DPS upgrade

(Or +1lvl gems and +2lvl duration gems :D There is one on sale for 3 mirrors).

Id love to switch over to this set up. Obviously need the uograde of getting the gloves, but in meantime 4L will do. Sort of wondering how i can even fit into my current set up. Im afraid of losing decoy totem.

But i played arc trap in inc flashback and had so much fun, so i really would love to get LS into my set up like you have.

3rd league and i promised myself id finally go for shaper. I know i have a bit to go there (watchers eye/clear mind, 6l my inpulsa, and craft daggers). In that order is how im going for also.
"
rvaHammer a écrit :

Id love to switch over to this set up. Obviously need the uograde of getting the gloves, but in meantime 4L will do. Sort of wondering how i can even fit into my current set up. Im afraid of losing decoy totem.
But i played arc trap in inc flashback and had so much fun, so i really would love to get LS into my set up like you have.
3rd league and i promised myself id finally go for shaper. I know i have a bit to go there (watchers eye/clear mind, 6l my inpulsa, and craft daggers). In that order is how im going for also.

decoy totem feels bad vs end game content
Cast time is slow, it getting oneshotted vs syndicate, it can't taunt shaper, elder and guardians
4-link lightning spire is still an insane single target dps boost. But then then you need advanced traps support instead of controlled destruction

You can still keep decoy, instead of flame dash for example
Dernière édition par blg_RealiZe, le 8 janv. 2019 00:27:52
Hi guys,quick question can someone who did Uber Elder many tiems in current league with this build already screenshot tool tip dps so we all can see what it has to be in order to feel comfortable with end game content. ty
Dernière édition par _Rain__, le 8 janv. 2019 01:17:48
Thanks, and yes i understand your arguement completely. Im only just starting t13s and i can see what your saying will be a problem. But what else do i ditch? Its not just decoy, its 3 more links. I know 1 is taking a cwdt out. Then i believe you took enfeeble out. I dont know the 4th. I think it was flame dash but for me w sceptre still i cant sacrifice flame dash. Willing to lose decoy on your advice and fact that im soon to be at t15/16 soon, but losing enfeeble sounds scary. I feel squishy and that most my survivability comes from dps, inpulsa pops and basically gunning things down before they hit me. So im assuming youll say enfeeble is nice and all but as it is getting hit hard is bad with or without and the single target dps makes up for it?
"
rvaHammer a écrit :
Thanks, and yes i understand your arguement completely. Im only just starting t13s and i can see what your saying will be a problem. But what else do i ditch? Its not just decoy, its 3 more links. I know 1 is taking a cwdt out. Then i believe you took enfeeble out. I dont know the 4th. I think it was flame dash but for me w sceptre still i cant sacrifice flame dash. Willing to lose decoy on your advice and fact that im soon to be at t15/16 soon, but losing enfeeble sounds scary. I feel squishy and that most my survivability comes from dps, inpulsa pops and basically gunning things down before they hit me. So im assuming youll say enfeeble is nice and all but as it is getting hit hard is bad with or without and the single target dps makes up for it?

I don't think enfeeble is very usefull. It's bad vs bosses, it's bad vs syndicate (reduced effectiveness of curses on both). Regular monsters in maps are not a problem for this build anyway.
The only place where curse is good is high depth delve (like 400-500+)

Get rid of clarity and buy clear mind jewel - that's your 4th gem slot
"
_Rain__ a écrit :
Hi guys,quick question can someone who did Uber Elder many tiems in current league with this build already screenshot tool tip dps so we all can see what it has to be in order to feel comfortable with end game content. ty

With 98k tooltip I got #REKT sub 50% but I have never done Uber elder before and no Koams so got nuked by barrage a few times XD

Probably a few more attempts before I get it done. So if your either wanting to attempt or have and died like myself don't be disheartened
"
blg_RealiZe a écrit :
"
rvaHammer a écrit :

I don't think enfeeble is very usefull. It's bad vs bosses, it's bad vs syndicate (reduced effectiveness of curses on both). Regular monsters in maps are not a problem for this build anyway.
The only place where curse is good is high depth delve (like 400-500+)

Get rid of clarity and buy clear mind jewel - that's your 4th gem slot

Slipped my mind. Thanks alot
I just got my first Headhunter to drop for me through the Menagerie and I'm still shaking w/ joy right now. However, I'm not sure if I should keep it or sell it for exalts to finish up the build. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated b/c I've never gotten this far on a character before.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires