We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

I really want to like this game, but I can't. How come melee is so pathetic? Having put two full weekends into my slayer, I can see why the META is to use ranged for everything. Yes.. blah blah blah.. there are people on YouTube that share melee builds. Yes, I have watched almost all videos for 3.22 season.. but

I have no trouble clearing maps, most bosses, etc... but when it comes to many significant quest bosses ... or especially end-of-act bosses, they CONSTANTLY 1-shot me. I am only able to restart from checkpoint until I can whittle them down bit-by-bit.

A bit of sanity here... how can a boss channel a huge laser beam and blast you with it while you're smashing it with an axe? I realize this is a game.. but come on. It's abundantly clear why the META is ranged.

I recommend the following:
1) Melee strikes can interrupt boss channeled attacks. Right now, melee just plain blows. It's turned me off of this game. Trust me, I will do much more damage to a tree truck with my splitting maul than my compound bow. It's just plain unrealistic (for a fantasy video game).. and stupid.
2) WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO FULLY RESET THE MOTHER FRIGGIN TREE!!!! This game is so F*&UCKIN complicated. Ridiculously complicated for new players. So... if we try to build something SIMILAR BUT NOT EXACTLY like a build guide, we can undo the changes. ALL OF THEM. Nobody should feel as frustrated as I feel at the moment playing a game (which the whole point is to enjoy, JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT!!). All because the skills are imbalanced or I took the wrong order of passive assignments and get my a$$ handed to me by bosses (LIKE VAAL PACT TAKEN TOO EARLY).
Hi unfortunately the game on xbox one not one s or x is very pixelated and blurry to the point where you are unable to see especially when there is lots on screen.i know no one cares because none of the team plays on xbox one but its so bad if it isnt going to be fixed it should probably be removed thank you for everything.
Hey!

2 things for POE2.

1: Add immersive videos to hook up players from the start, showcasing badass upcoming bosses to get us nervous before beginning another act.

2: It would be nice if the town NPCs reacted more to us helping them. I don't know how to do this, but we're exiled. I think it would be nice if we woud be 'redeemed' because of all the 'good deeds' we do. I know the NPCs dialogue change in POE1, but pushing it more could have a good effect, I think.

Thanks again for all the great customer service and game development you've made so far. Keep it up GGG and become #1, not only in game depth and currency trading, but also in the number of active players and money you make!

Cheers and best of luck!
"
GenerallyClueless a écrit :
I really want to like this game, but I can't. How come melee is so pathetic? Having put two full weekends into my slayer, I can see why the META is to use ranged for everything. Yes.. blah blah blah.. there are people on YouTube that share melee builds. Yes, I have watched almost all videos for 3.22 season.. but

I have no trouble clearing maps, most bosses, etc... but when it comes to many significant quest bosses ... or especially end-of-act bosses, they CONSTANTLY 1-shot me. I am only able to restart from checkpoint until I can whittle them down bit-by-bit.

A bit of sanity here... how can a boss channel a huge laser beam and blast you with it while you're smashing it with an axe? I realize this is a game.. but come on. It's abundantly clear why the META is ranged.

I recommend the following:
1) Melee strikes can interrupt boss channeled attacks. Right now, melee just plain blows. It's turned me off of this game. Trust me, I will do much more damage to a tree truck with my splitting maul than my compound bow. It's just plain unrealistic (for a fantasy video game).. and stupid.
2) WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO FULLY RESET THE MOTHER FRIGGIN TREE!!!! This game is so F*&UCKIN complicated. Ridiculously complicated for new players. So... if we try to build something SIMILAR BUT NOT EXACTLY like a build guide, we can undo the changes. ALL OF THEM. Nobody should feel as frustrated as I feel at the moment playing a game (which the whole point is to enjoy, JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT!!). All because the skills are imbalanced or I took the wrong order of passive assignments and get my a$$ handed to me by bosses (LIKE VAAL PACT TAKEN TOO EARLY).

If the quests gave 5 refund points instead of 1, it would solve this. If it's not enough, make it so the last quest that gives 2 skill points also gives 10 refund points.
There is no rebalance of skills.
Meta was not killed or nerfed.
Unplayable skills have not improved.
Melee is still weak.

It's great that we replaced some of the mechanics with new ones.
The new elevations look interesting for experiments and theory making.
Thanks for your work and the long-term development of the game!

P.s.: Oh, I forgot something. Mob boosts are ridiculously powerful. In the last league, I create Pathfinder, investing quite a lot in survivability (full convert phys to elem, flasks to reduce elem, flask effect), and still die from the oneshots on regular maps! And in arena (oneshot lightning beam, oneshot axe default! attack). Dmg mitigation: 97% phys, 88% elem, 100% suppress. It's so annoying that I just skip the league. This is not the first impression of the new league, but it also affects to play...
Dernière édition par Alesai, le 4 déc. 2023 08:22:16
This league at the moment feels like the start of Lake of Kalandra league for me. Specifically with the below two points:

1) The monster mods (life and damage) multiplicatively stacking with existing mods/league mechanics (essence, soul eater) to the point where they are either incredibly tanky meatshields (unfun to kill) or incredibly rippy (run-back simulator) or worst-case, both (skip). It makes the early parts of the league frustrating to play. It feels like the mechanics were tuned for 200k+ ehp and 10mil+ damage builds. The variance between lowest health monster in a map to the highest, and the lowest damage dealing monster and the highest, just seems incredibly imbalanced.

2) The gumball currency (alch, vaal orb) all feel like they had their drop rates nerfed. I don't know whether it was because the league mechanic is meant to boost the currency drop rates on average and so the base-line was reduced to offset the boost in currency rates. But it makes the league mechanic feel mandatory. I enjoyed last league immensely because the league mechanic was opt-in and you could choose to only engage with the tattoo side of the league. This league mechanic feels mandatory, as it feels like the rest of your map will suffer without it. At the same time, it is impacting my enjoyment of other league mechanics that I do enjoy, because of the affliction empowerment rng.

In terms of the aesthetic of the league, I enjoy the Lost Woods feel of it. Visual clarity could be improved, especially for the blue essences. I still don't know what the white wisp/ball does (extend the exploration in there?). It would be nice to be able to see how much of each essence was dispersed into the map after leaving the wildwood. Does dying in the wildwood cause less essence to be dispersed? It didn't seem clear to me what the penalty was for death inside the wildwood.

I really miss tattoos
The last several days, the game has been beyond laggy. Can't get anything done.
It's aaaaa lot of latency issues on EU servers.

Dernière édition par wickedmaki, le 23 déc. 2023 16:11:59
I just got to the part 2, and started to get one shotted by everything, turns out we take a huge resistance loss for some reason. The only reason I made it this far is because I was hoping that the second half of the game would offer me new gear that actually looks different from my starting gear, I was wrong, its all the same exact loot/gear just with different stats. I spent all this time and effort making a build that can clear massive waves of monsters, now I have to completely rework all of my build if I want to progress, I hate this and think it is poor design, why would you do this? What do I do now? I don't want to craft new gear, my gear is specifically made for how I want to play using the skills I want to use. I want to kill mobs of enemies and get new and better gear from them. I know this will never happen, I think its time I just uninstall.

As for the good: EVERYTHING ELSE. Everything else is freaking great, I sunk over 70 hours into the game within the first week and a half...yes, I played it all day, everyday for nearly two weeks straight, not joking...there were a bunch of things that I wanted to do with skills, like creating chain reactions and such, the game allowed me to do some of my ideas but all the coolest combinations I came up with were denied because the game just does not allow you to do it, despite this, the game was still great and still had tons of depth with what you could do.

Sadly, this is were my journey ends despite all the good because the bad just sucks the fun out of it all.

I have 3 days 6hrs on my character no in Affliction and have been doing the league since maps. So far I like the juicing it offers, its great that the entry to the Wildwood is near where you enter the map.

As to the Wildwood itself. The lack of a map is a major failing. In junction with the many impassible terrain items its very annoying. I have often got caught on tree roots but cant see if I am near terrain.

Running around looking for the way out is very annoying. If I cant see the portal with after a bit of a search I have been just walking into the dark to get out.

I have killed the King in the Mist three times now and it doesnt seem to result in anything. No drop, no points for the skill tree. Same goes for the three trees, dont them a few times but no points. I have been back to the warden of the maji since and noting happens. I assume its just broken and dont bother.

The Wildwood buffs to maps are great; the Wildwood itself, meh.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires