We welcome First Impression posts! Please be nice to those posts.

Hi,

We have a lot of first impression posts at the moment, and I can't individually address them, but thanks! How people interact and experience the game the first time is important to us. If the feedback is negative, special thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts! We much prefer getting feedback than not.

Existing players: we appreciate your thoughts too, but please don't flame the people providing negative opinions about their first impressions. It may well be because they don't understand something you do, but we need to know what those things are.

Dernière édition par Qarl, le 24 janv. 2013 17:00:59
Dernier bump le 26 mars 2024 15:16:18
I just wanted to reach out to the GGG community and give my appreciation. I've read about this game for a few months, and I decided the night before OB to actually purchase a key (lol), and give it a whirl.

I haven't been this excited to play an ARPG since the D2 LoD days! I think GGG has a solid game that will bring a huge community, and so long as the management stays interactive and proactive throughout the rest of it's life, I think it will be a successful game.

Path of Exile has gotten me hooked, and I'll be here for a long time to come.
"
bdenpaka a écrit :
I just wanted to reach out to the GGG community and give my appreciation. I've read about this game for a few months, and I decided the night before OB to actually purchase a key (lol), and give it a whirl.

I haven't been this excited to play an ARPG since the D2 LoD days! I think GGG has a solid game that will bring a huge community, and so long as the management stays interactive and proactive throughout the rest of it's life, I think it will be a successful game.

Path of Exile has gotten me hooked, and I'll be here for a long time to come.

Thanks for taking the time to post something positive! I, too, am really enjoying myself and am looking forward to spending years on developing interesting builds and helping out those newer than myself to enjoy themselves too.

Much love to GGG :)
My general first impression is pretty good, I really like the setting of the game and fact that the gameplay is challenging indeed.
So far I found only one thing that I'd like to be fixed - when I run out of mana the character doesn't complain about it every time. Playing a witch I have lots of things to pay attention on - my zombies are constantly dying, I have to raise my skeletons as well and use the attack skills, so with mobs attacking me back I get helluva firework show going on on the screen, so most times I'd rather pay attension on the number of remaining zombies than on the mana bar.
So far I'm really liking the game as well. I think it's a great looking game with some really good ideas. I plan to play it for a long time. The only issue that I am having with it right now is that my warrior seems to have a hard time hitting enemies. Sometimes it seems that I'm clicking on an enemy 4 or 5 times before he finally hits them and by that time, I'm down half health. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it would be nice to take a look at.

Thanks.
I'm not exactly a newcomer... just wanted to say that the game itself and act3 are way beyond my expectations. Everything looks great and very well designed. The dark style is awesome and gameplay is just so much better\richer (and harder) than "the-game-that-must-not-be-named" has. Yes, there are some people complaining about difficulty... well, they will eventually get used to it. :)

___

Just look at this mob, it's freaking hilarious. This is my favorite mob so far -

Spoiler

Dear GGG, you should make a shop effect based on this mob's helm\head?, ha-ha. I would definitely buy it and I think many people will like it too! :)

And there is one other thing that really amazed\surprised me -
Spoiler
After I got in Crematorium - there were those creepy noises\voices. I was playing with headset on and I was like, - "Wow... wtf is that... it must be that poor dude voice... oh, god". That is just awesome! Applause!

___

Of course there are things (e.g. pvp or melee combat\gems) in the game that can be (and must be imho) improved but overall you made a great game. Thank you GGG. :)
Dernière édition par Regatz, le 29 janv. 2013 02:48:49
I've just joined the open beta and I'm really impressed by the atmosphere created right off the bat when your player character washes up on shore. I'm also a big fan of the way the HP and mana flasks recharge. I did have some feedback however:

--I'm playing a witch right now, and I look pretty similar to the scavenger enemies on the beach. Could witches be made to pop out a little more?

--In a tough boss battle where there aren't any minions, I can see players scrambling for cover because their flasks have no way of recharging.

Other than that, I can see that a lot of thought and care have been put into this game.
Nice post as other DEV's posts in general section ...

Saw plenty good posts with good constructive criticism and first impressions which were flamed into the ground with : Dont like it dont play , go play d3 , gtfo , etc etc ...
Actually not all newcomers are trolls , some do like the game , wana see it improve and have hopes , some give really nice ideas , there should be less elitism between fanboy's and rest of people . I mean its ok i suppose to flame some trolls or answer accordingly to offensive posts , but people who dont like something and are serius about it are worth atleast checking theyre feedback imo .
Act 3 is one huge giant step above the rest of the game in terms of style, textures, graphics, mobs, everything. It shows how much you guys can do once you get a bit of support behind you.
This has made me fall in love with the game all over again and my faith in you guys as developers has been rewarded tenfold.

Well done.
I just can say "Wow!".
This game is realy cool. And... it's free! Amazing!
Sorry for my English :)

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires