[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

I’ve tried 3 times to get into POE…and frustratingly quit each time…(Tried Zizarian University etc all that jazz) but found this build guide about a week ago and thought I’d pick the game up again after a good while away from it as only had about 30 hours put into it! This guide explains everything it’s like a POE for Dummies like myself and has given me the route I needed to get into the game and enjoy it…Brilliant Guide…Brilliant explanation covers most things to get started and the further you get into the game the more you understand YouTube videos…Top notch mate appreciate it
"
TwiztedMizta a écrit :
I’ve tried 3 times to get into POE…and frustratingly quit each time…(Tried Zizarian University etc all that jazz) but found this build guide about a week ago and thought I’d pick the game up again after a good while away from it as only had about 30 hours put into it! This guide explains everything it’s like a POE for Dummies like myself and has given me the route I needed to get into the game and enjoy it…Brilliant Guide…Brilliant explanation covers most things to get started and the further you get into the game the more you understand YouTube videos…Top notch mate appreciate it

I love to hear it ;) Thanks for the feedback!
Thanks for the guide, I'll try it in action
"
Siberia_q a écrit :
Thanks for the guide, I'll try it in action

Great, let me know how your experience was with the guide once you've used it!
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 24 nov. 2023 09:08:03
The build guide has been updated for 3.23.

Overall, the build has remained relatively untouched by the 3.23 patch notes. The endgame version of the build has around 6M DPS - just like in the last league - and is therefore ideal as a league starter.

What differs from the previous league, however, is the following:

- Splitting Steel and Shattering Steel: Both skills have been reworked and I’m not quite sure how this will affect the early leveling experience. From a gameplay perspective, things should be way smoother than before due to not needing Steel shards anymore, but there is quite a question mark in terms of the damage aspect. Nevertheless, since the build only uses Steel skills until level ~33, I don’t expect any crucial consequences.

- Toxic Rain: Quality now provides base duration instead of increased Area of Effect. As a consequence, it’s a bit harder to get the sweet spot of 39% increased Area of Effect. But it’s still doable. The guide has been adjusted accordingly.

Conclusion: Overall, in my opinion, the build is still ideal for new and casual players. It offers solid damage, strong survivability, is easy to equip, and is not too complex. So ... I can still recommend this build with a clear conscience to anyone who wants to explore the world of Path of Exile ;)

PS: The PoB can be found here
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 6 déc. 2023 14:37:38
Hey hey!

Still my fave build.

I'm not going to be playing league. Is there any way you can think of where I'd be able to follow along with the potential gem changes but NOT need the new league ascendancies? I'm kind of stressing about it :(
I want to rock right meow
"
Laeortia a écrit :
Hey hey!

Still my fave build.

I'm not going to be playing league. Is there any way you can think of where I'd be able to follow along with the potential gem changes but NOT need the new league ascendancies? I'm kind of stressing about it :(

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. All good/decent league starters should not evolve around the new league ascendancies, but function without them. And I don't expect many content creators to create league starter builds that rely on the new ascendancies from the get-go, to be honest.
"
fezz8386 a écrit :
"
Laeortia a écrit :
Hey hey!

Still my fave build.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. All good/decent league starters should not evolve around the new league ascendancies, but function without them. And I don't expect many content creators to create league starter builds that rely on the new ascendancies from the get-go, to be honest.

Cool ty, I love this build so much I never want it to end XD I've seen a couple of builds where the creator said to use x new ascendancies from league and IDK if that means I'll be able to run it still or not
I want to rock right meow
Toxic rain of sporeburst?) 8 arrows vs 5 arrows currently.
"
Norm4n a écrit :
Toxic rain of sporeburst?) 8 arrows vs 5 arrows currently.

Using Toxic Rain of Sporeburst would basically brick this very build as it doesn't provide any Damage Over Time (DoT) anymore. So don't use it. There will be other build-versions which make use of the new gem - this one won't.

That being said, Toxic Rain of Withering might be a transfigured gem one can work with. But before I make any conclusions, I have to check in PoB. If that's the case and it's either a significant DPS increase or allows us to do other things (e.g., not having the need to use totems anymore), I will update the build guide accordingly.

PS: Additional arrows don't increase DoT damage or spores overlaps, they only increase the radius in which spores appear - which is why the additional arrows one would get from Toxic Rain of Sporeburst don't mean that much.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires