[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

Hey, thanks very much for the build guide, I'm completely new to POE and having fun with it!

I had a question - I picked up an Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask with perfect rolls, luckiest find so far.

Is this flask actually useful for this build? My limited understanding is that it does mostly chaos dmg already with little to no physical and elemental, so it's not adding much apart from the leech and the chaos res? Is a silver flask better?

If that's the case do you think I should sell it?

Thanks in advance :)
Dernière édition par Snagglet0es, le 19 déc. 2023 09:18:31
"
Snagglet0es a écrit :
Hey, thanks very much for the build guide, I'm completely new to POE and having fun with it!

I had a question - I picked up an Atziri's Promise Amethyst Flask with perfect rolls, luckiest find so far.

Is this flask actually useful for this build? My limited understanding is that it does mostly chaos dmg already with little to no physical and elemental, so it's not adding much apart from the leech and the chaos res? Is a silver flask better?

If that's the case do you think I should sell it?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey there, the only useful modifier on Atziri's Promise is the Chaos Resistance implicit. Unfortunately, all other moda - as u correctly assumed - are quite useless:

- Gain (5-8)% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
-> The build doesn't do/scale Elemental Damage

- 2% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life during Effect
-> You can only leech on hit damage and this build is a damage over time build

Gain (5-8)% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
-> The build doesn't do/scale Physical Damage

Therefore, a silver flask is better, yes.
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 19 déc. 2023 10:55:02
From the bottom of my heart, thank you! This is exactly what I've been looking for - a comprehensive, easy to follow, step-by-step guide. Thanks to it, I got invested into the game enough to actually buy stash tabs. Yay! So yeah, thanks for successfully hooking me on POE :)
"
TiwilyDarling a écrit :
From the bottom of my heart, thank you! This is exactly what I've been looking for - a comprehensive, easy to follow, step-by-step guide. Thanks to it, I got invested into the game enough to actually buy stash tabs. Yay! So yeah, thanks for successfully hooking me on POE :)

Awesome to hear that & thanks for the feedback - I really appreciate it!
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 19 déc. 2023 19:49:05
Thank's for the build guide. I have had lots of fun with it, but also frustrating moments for not being able to get equipment I need. Fortunately decent 6-linked bow and armor was dropped to me after long fight with monster from another realm (it seems it's not always good to follow instructions literally). The armor is zodiac leather, so it's evasion only, but so far I have been able to maintain decent armour because other items I have. Curently at lvl 87, my physical damage reduction is 73%, fire 107%, cold 140, lightening 77 and chaos 41%, movement speed mod 63%, spell damage supression change 59% and aoe mult 29%, which I think is pretty OK using only spiced up drops.

I recently completed maven's tier10+ challence and defeated the bosses in a maven's crusible. That was pretty easy, because I think I'm now overleveled for not knowing exactly what to do. However, I was completely rolled over by the boss which I fight behind a portal I was given as a reward. The main reason was total lack of life and mana and unability to do any serious damage. Since the mana with this build mostly depands on kills, I had to rely on timed charges, which was way too little. I was loosing life fast without anything visible hitting on me.

Have I missed something on the build or should I make separate flask which get charges on being hit by the eneny for bosses like this. Normally I have had no problems with mana or life because I'm wearing Wurm's Molt, which gives me 573% life leach and 910% mana leach. I have also 37% increased damage during any flask effect in my gloves, which is typically great because flask effect is on all the time during the fight.

I think I need some dramatical improvements before trying that boss again, but I can't figure out what to do. My DPS is now 93k, and I don't see quick way to improve it. I have 38C and no divines, so it takes a while before I can buy anything.
"
Masteropii a écrit :
Thank's for the build guide.[...]

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. There's a lot to unpack here, but Ill try to give you answers to your questions/statements where possible.

"
Masteropii a écrit :
I have had lots of fun with it, but also frustrating moments for not being able to get equipment I need. Fortunately decent 6-linked bow and armor was dropped to me after long fight with monster from another realm (it seems it's not always good to follow instructions literally).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "monster from another realm", but getting a six link drop is quite rare, especially in the early game and especially one that you want to equip. Instead, you are supposed to either use Jeweller Orbs & Orbs of Fusing to craft one or to buy a proper six link or to get the respecitve Divination Cards (as explained in this milestone.

"
Masteropii a écrit :
Curently at lvl 87,my fire 107%, cold 140, lightening 77 and chaos 41%, movement speed mod 63%, spell damage supression change 59% and aoe mult 29%, which I think is pretty OK using only spiced up drops. However, I was completely rolled over by the boss which I fight behind a portal I was given as a reward. The main reason was total lack of life and mana and unability to do any serious damage. Since the mana with this build mostly depands on kills, I had to rely on timed charges, which was way too little. I was loosing life fast without anything visible hitting on me.

I'm not quite sure which map boss you are talking about, so it's hard to tell what's wrong. Anyway, you have 4236 life which is perfectly fine at that state of your progress. That being said, you are missing +# Maximum Life on your Helmet, Gloves, Amulet and Belt.

In terms of mana: It seems like you are still using Vitality (on level 20 which is even worse). As you can see in the endgame basics section, you are not supposed to use Vitality in the endgame at all. It is a) not needed and b) fucks up your mana reservation (especially on level 20) which I assume leads to your mana problems. In the late game, you can sustain mana flask charges without hitting or killing any enemies at all (as you can see here)

"
Masteropii a écrit :
Have I missed something on the build or should I make separate flask which get charges on being hit by the eneny for bosses like this. Normally I have had no problems with mana or life because I'm wearing Wurm's Molt, which gives me 573% life leach and 910% mana leach. I have also 37% increased damage during any flask effect in my gloves, which is typically great because flask effect is on all the time during the fight.

Life leech and mana leech both only apply to ON HIT EFFECTS. This build is a Damage Over Time build which can't leech by default. As a consequence, Wurm's Molt doesn't benefit the build at all and you should replace it with a proper Stygian Wise asap.

"
Masteropii a écrit :
I think I need some dramatical improvements before trying that boss again, but I can't figure out what to do. My DPS is now 93k, and I don't see quick way to improve it. I have 38C and no divines, so it takes a while before I can buy anything.

Your current DPS is ~900k which is around 15% of the damage the build is capable of with decent gear, so you have a lot of protential to improve. My recommendation:

1) Check out the recommended endgame setup and copy it 1:1.
2) Understand how you scale damage by reading this
3) Understand how you scale your survivability by reading this
4) Check out the milestones and complete them one by one.

In summary: You are still at the very early stages of the build and you should run content you can comfortably and efficiently clear to farm currency and items - even when it's only T1 maps. PoE is not a race, it's a marathon. You won't be able to go higher and higher all the time, sometimes you even have to go lower to achieve the next milestone.

My tip: Read and understand both the basics section and the milestones section in order to ultimately be able to craft, buy or collect your endgame items.

---------------------------------------------

PS: Your current bow is super bad and should be replaced asap. e.g. with a Quill Rain (even a 5-link would be better than your current one) or with a bow that has +2 socketed bow gems & +1 socketed gems (even a 5-link would be better than your current one)
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 21 déc. 2023 09:36:07
Thanks a lot from the answer and tips. You have obviously used some time to look my build. It appears that vitality gem was somehow reason for part of my problems. I don't know why, since I haven't used it for the mana reservation reasons. My plan was to level it up and make the quality trade for further use. Recently I made some arrangements and moved it from other separate socket. Before that the problem didn't exist. Anyway, if it's on the socket, it seems to lower my firing rate significanly and make it look jerky. While my mana stays overly full, there's much more fluctuation when firing. It also seems to prevent or lower gained flask charges from kills. I don't know if this is a bug, or something I should have need to know, but having the jewel in a socket doesn't change the reported mana cost for toxic rain skill.

I have some other items, for example crafted thicket bow, bigfaced bacinet with life on it and of course other rigns and amulets with much more life in them. However, I have been severely short of currency and I don't have any change to make them better or buy new ones, so I try to figure out best combination for what I got.

I have thicket bow with a +2 for gems, and somewhat usable stats, but with my current earning rate, it takes hald a year to even try to craft it to 6-link. I know my bow is not optimum, but it's better than my crafted one, since it have even more useless stats and only 4 links and 5 sockets.

The idea behind Wurm's molt is the physical damage I have in my toxic rain. While it's not much, only 72-259, the bonus from the belt shoud make it significant. Based on game statistics, it should give me 836.6 leached life/s and 177.4 mana. Don't get me wrong, I don't try to tell you'd be wrong, but that's a reason why I thought it was a best solution to get life and mana, since I was lacking equipment with decent amount of gain per kill.

I recently got a belt with abyss socket on it, so I try if I can make up something from it. I just used 35C of my 32C on a cluster jewel and I'm short of everything, so there's not much I can do. I don't know it it's my play-style or what, but most of my maps are completely dry. Typically nothing come through the filter from strongboxes, explorations, temple of azoalt or such. Some random Kirac missions have been profitable, but average production have been less than 1C per map. I have some oils with decent value, but that's about it. I have now concentrated on expanding my atlas tree to get more value, but many lower tier maps just don't seem to drop from connected maps.

ps. The monster from another realm came from expediton on a map where slaying monsters close together can atract monsters from another realm. That one was very fast and suffered practically no damage at all. I was in a mood for a long fight and at the end, it dropped the 6-linked bow and armor.
"
Masteropii a écrit :
While my mana stays overly full, there's much more fluctuation when firing. It also seems to prevent or lower gained flask charges from kills. I don't know if this is a bug, or something I should have need to know, but having the jewel in a socket doesn't change the reported mana cost for toxic rain skill.

Due to picking mana flask charges related nodes on the skill tree (Arcane Chemistry, + Replenishing Remedies + Flask Mastery) and having an Enduring Mana Flask with 20% quality, you dont need to kill any enemies at all to sustain mana flask usage. To give you numbers: Your build currently has a mana flask charge generation of 1.67 charges per second while your Mana Flask has a duration of 5 seconds. So mathematically, you can't run out of charges unless you do somethign wrong.

"
Masteropii a écrit :
The idea behind Wurm's molt is the physical damage I have in my toxic rain. While it's not much, only 72-259, the bonus from the belt shoud make it significant. Based on game statistics, it should give me 836.6 leached life/s and 177.4 mana. Don't get me wrong, I don't try to tell you'd be wrong, but that's a reason why I thought it was a best solution to get life and mana, since I was lacking equipment with decent amount of gain per kill.

I get the idea, but this is simply not how things work in PoE. Whiel you do physical damage, this only affexts the ON HIT EFFECT (when the arrow hits an enemy), but you are not hitting enemies that much, especially not with a reasonable amount of damage making any leech pretty much useless.

I'm personally not that educated with leeching, but I can tell you that pretty much any other modifier benefits the build more. If you want to educate yourself on leeching, I recommend reading this.

"
Masteropii a écrit :
I don't know it it's my play-style or what, but most of my maps are completely dry. Typically nothing come through the filter from strongboxes, explorations, temple of azoalt or such. Some random Kirac missions have been profitable, but average production have been less than 1C per map. I have some oils with decent value, but that's about it. I have now concentrated on expanding my atlas tree to get more value, but many lower tier maps just don't seem to drop from connected maps.

It's hard to judge what or if you are doing something wrong without seeing you play. Making currency is a whole science in itself, but with progressing your Atlas, picking Atlas skill tree nodes and playing the game, your fortune will grow naturally - and the more knowlegde you have about how to increase efficiency and to increase loot quanity/quality, the easier it gets. There are hundreds of videos and articles on that topic, so if you feel like you are not doing progress, I recommend doing some research.

Cheers

------------

PS: You are missing bleed immunity / corrupted blood immunity on your life flask AND the gem levels of your CWDT/Molten Shell setup are not correct (your setup basically doesnt work at the moment, meaning you lose a ton of suvivability). This is crucial and should be fixed asap. On top of that, make sure to replace the Rotgut flasks with a normal Quicksilver Flask with helpful mods.
Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 21 déc. 2023 21:16:46
Hello, I am very curious to try this build.

But I clicked on the link you said to click and addressed me to a website I don’t really know.

I don’t even know how to extract the PoB from the pastebin

Is there a chance I might get a direct PoB link here?

I thank you in advance anyhow

"
Bloss996 a écrit :
Hello, I am very curious to try this build.

But I clicked on the link you said to click and addressed me to a website I don’t really know.

I don’t even know how to extract the PoB from the pastebin

Is there a chance I might get a direct PoB link here?

I thank you in advance anyhow

Hey there,

The website IS the build guide.

The PoB is a static link and to open/import it in/to Path of Building you just click "open" on the top right.

Here's also the direct PoB link: https://pobb.in/Wey6OOHjOT_V

Cheers

PS: Pastebin is a remnant of the past. pobb.in is the new default to share builds.

Dernière édition par fezz8386, le 22 déc. 2023 10:54:11

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires