Upcoming Video Memory Utilisation Improvements

Empy proved this is a recent video - worth a watch.

Also, finally - some real fixes!
"
A few paragraphs ago, we described our VRAM usage under this system as conservative. That means that our current implementation doesn't aggressively use all of your VRAM, and this causes players to get frustrated by assets being unnecessarily unloaded too early (for example, when you notice some items looking blurry for a short time).

Exactly. Only using 2GB out of 8GB is just... not great.
I didn't follow the hardware scene but I suppose 4GB card should be quite the norm these days already. So, yeah, on PC 4GB is probably the 'minimum' to be targeted.

2GB constrain feels heck more like console restriction due to old gen console only having that much (or actually less) to spare.

Or how about just provide a slider to tell the game how much memory should it uses, if that is possible. Some other games do provide such function.
I hope we'll get something playable in the weeks to come because now it's a bit too much for me
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
"With assets now being loaded and unloaded dynamically during gameplay, we retooled the engine so that the assets could be loaded asynchronously without stalling rendering. Previously it would have been a stuttery mess, as the engine used to completely freeze until a new asset was entirely loaded."

This is the exact problem I have. Especially the freeze when new assets pop up. It has been a problem frm mid ritual, then found a guide says to disable sound and it significantly helps from thus new league it was fine until last week it has the same problem again. Till now cant even play with out dying to the hard lag n freeze. Hope so this will fix the issue. Thnks ggg.
Explains the odd behavior, here's hoping you've got the solution down so my $3500 computer actually feels like a $3500 computer.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Let me translate this.

Hey guys we gonna wreck the whole games performance for another few weeks

But this is what we meant to do while crashing your game.

:)
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Thanks for the post.

Hopefully the issues are resolved soon because it would be unfortunate for this to become another burning ground situation that stays around for a few years.
Thank you for the detailed explanation, appreciate all the effort you guys are putting to solve this problem!
sweet!
I love fairy tales!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires