[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
brianabcd a écrit :
Started this build few days ago and now level 89, now able to do red rare maps and complete the whole utimatum

i think increasing the dps is the way to go to better clear ultimatum as they die too fast and if they dont have enough dps, the monster will chase around you and you will run out of flasks. I think making your totem 500k+ dps is needed for higher tier ultimatum

also the totem cluster jewel with life on kill is super important to stay alive in ultimatum

Now working towards enlighten support to reserve aspect of spider, but the mana regen is something that is pretty problematic when not using a hybrid or mana flask

Now my body 6 link is tr , vp, vm, mirage archer, life gain on hit, life tap this is enough damage for clearing trash mob in t16 with 2-3 shots and some life recover when bossing

Want to ask if i use the vitality watcher's eye, does the life gain on hit mod on the watcher's eye gives life to the totem or the player? if it gives the life to the totem, will it greatly increase their survivability in ultimatum?

I like that you’re making it work your way.

The vitality mod will work the same way as a normal items life on hit. Try slotting in a shark tooth quiver and test it. I believe the totems do not get the life on hit, but I’m not sure.
~Donkster5
Is there a reliable way to proc first to stike last to fall?
Dernière édition par SymX, le 21 avr. 2021 14:53:29
"
SymX a écrit :
Is there a reliable way to proc first to stike last to fall?

i’m using FtS/LtF as a defensive mechanic. It is very helpful at high tier maps where multiple things can hit you quickly for big damage. If you’re looking for a more offensive version, I’d probably just take worthy foe (20% added dmg) or inspirational ( +aura effect, etc.). I originally had inspirational in the build as it’s easier to quantify.

That said, I know people are doing things with petrified blood, lifetap, and/or corrupting fever to proc adrenaline. I’m not sure the exact mechanics but was chatting with firewalker in-game about it yesterday. I think i saw a reddit post about it as well if you want to look into it.
~Donkster5
Thank you for the build , I'm at level 85 and doing tier 8 - 10 atm . Mob die instantly with just normal TR . I have a question about "Conqueror" , does it work with totem ? , I mean will totems taunt enemy and let they do 20% less damage to us ? and can you do elder / shaper guardian invitation on your character ?

And I see that you are missing an very good jewel that is " Replica Conqueror's Efficiency " . It's better than Watcher eye clarity - mana because you don't need to use clarity and it's very cheap ( 20c) . In league you can only craft - 6-7 mana cost on ring / amulet so mana cost still a problem . This jewel help alot and you will have a great leveling experience because you can put it to work as long as you have a jewel slot

Sorry for my bad English
Dernière édition par NortherXZ, le 23 avr. 2021 09:49:33
Started with this build with the aim to make it my only build this league and so far it is very good, a nice change of pace from playing mana guardians (usually ;)) and with tankiness I'm so used to, thanks Donkster5!

Now I'm using CA for clear (with MA and arrow nova) but I guess I should change it to single TR.

Any other suggestions what I should focus on next as I'm slowly transitioning to red maps?

I focused on getting as much life and resists (including chaos) to over-cap enough for ele weakness mods and it serves me well but since this is my very first time playing TR I would welcome any suggestions.
"
NortherXZ a écrit :
Thank you for the build , I'm at level 85 and doing tier 8 - 10 atm . Mob die instantly with just normal TR . I have a question about "Conqueror" , does it work with totem ? , I mean will totems taunt enemy and let they do 20% less damage to us ? and can you do elder / shaper guardian invitation on your character ?

And I see that you are missing an very good jewel that is " Replica Conqueror's Efficiency " . It's better than Watcher eye clarity - mana because you don't need to use clarity and it's very cheap ( 20c) . In league you can only craft - 6-7 mana cost on ring / amulet so mana cost still a problem . This jewel help alot and you will have a great leveling experience because you can put it to work as long as you have a jewel slot

Sorry for my bad English

Conquerer does work. I’m not quite sure whether you get the 10% damage taken or the 20% less damage given. Totem hits count as your hits for applying debuffs, taunts, and etc... Either way you are taking less damage. Likewise, worthy foe would work using that same principle.

Thanks for pointing that out, and it’s a great option in trade league. I want to make this build as viable as I can for SSF as well, so I limit the uniques I’m willing to suggest. Something that comes only from heist definitely means it would be nearly impossible to obtain SSF. Maybe I should make a Trade league and SSF version differentiation, but that’ll have to wait till I’m able to put a bunch of time into the guide again. I have an enduring mana flask with curse invulnerability that I spam whenever I spam my utility flasks. I don’t think about mana at all but will do so more when I try to transition to elreon jewelry.
~Donkster5
Just started this build in ssf. My simple goals are Red maps and survive ultimatums, thats my Personal endgame. I searched for a build thats tanky as fuck. So i hope it will be fine. Thx for your good work.
doesn't it kind of redundant having 2 x TR? which TR does more dmg anyway? Right now im having difficulty surviving ultimatum in the heat of battle, so I am thinking maybe link my cast TR with life leech and multi projectile for more life regen maybe then I can just stand still and cast none-stop? what i can do to achieve the tankiness in this build?
"
YarrCahAdhir a écrit :
Started with this build with the aim to make it my only build this league and so far it is very good, a nice change of pace from playing mana guardians (usually ;)) and with tankiness I'm so used to, thanks Donkster5!

Now I'm using CA for clear (with MA and arrow nova) but I guess I should change it to single TR.

Any other suggestions what I should focus on next as I'm slowly transitioning to red maps?

I focused on getting as much life and resists (including chaos) to over-cap enough for ele weakness mods and it serves me well but since this is my very first time playing TR I would welcome any suggestions.

Hey, I'm going to make a post in a few hours with some video's showing my current gear and setup. For the most part your gear is better than mine. I would say you are well geared out for the mid-late game, but will have to keep working to progress to end game bossing. For now, I doubt you will have much problem transitioning safely all the way up through T15s. T16s will be harder simply because bosses will take longer to die.

With my less ideal gear, I'm running T16s and have a video of the hydra and one of the elder guardians deathless, plus a T16 Ultimatum. My doing the videos is unsafe play, but I wanted to see how far I could push the build even with less than great gear.

I will now spend the next few play sessions trying to upgrade pretty much everything before doing new end-game videos. Besides pretty much every piece of gear needing an upgrade, my bucket list in general order of importance is:

1. A belt worth wearing
2. Iolite or Vermillion Rings with -# Non-channeling mana cost
3. Shaper Boots with Ele Avoidance
4. Apothecary Gloves with AS, preferably level 80+ Elder or Hunter for Chaos DoT Multi
5. 2 Empowers level 3 (50 chaos) or 4 (4ex)
6. A +3 gem bow to better utilize the Empower
7. An Elder Chest with +1 Support Gems (and %Max Life and/or Crafted Ele Avoidance if I can get it)
8. Dying Sun
9. Cluster Jewels and or Thread of Hope

EDIT: Add Aspect of the Spider on a Ring or the Gloves once I have the mana figured out
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 23 avr. 2021 21:44:01
"
Karmoth666 a écrit :
Just started this build in ssf. My simple goals are Red maps and survive ultimatums, thats my Personal endgame. I searched for a build thats tanky as fuck. So i hope it will be fine. Thx for your good work.

Awesome! I think this build will treat you well if that is your goal. I will be following your example and trying SSFHC after probably another week or so of gearing out the trade league version and getting the bosses done.
~Donkster5

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires