[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
Shuyin_69 a écrit :
hello again.
after the first day i got the 6l silverbough, 5l carcass, caping res, i am doing all the ultimatums with all their rounds, which is rewarding me with a huge amount of currency.

I'm still to do the last lab and maybe raise the chaos resistance a bit more and I'm going for the red maps, it's the easiest build I've ever played, just amazing.

I may incorporate some changes to suit my style in the future, but for now I'm very comfortable with it.

Cheers

Wow, just wow! That’s amazing and i’m envious. I had hours set aside to play yesterday and got about a total of three hours of actual play due to the server issues. I’m still in act 7 because of real life today, but I did complete the second lab. Now it’s a breeze.

It still feels good with the Carcass Jack? Some definite end game testing needs to be done but that sounds great.

If you make changes that feel particularly good, drop me a note. I’m always ready to hear new ideas and incorporate them if applicable.
~Donkster5
For anybody that’s interested, some testing has been done on how much AoE effects our pod overlap. This is from HumbleElite, who’s TR info is linked a couple times in the build:

“ you can take some, but i went back and retested with moderate AOE increases and for example just equpping Carcass jack with 45% aoe roll and getting 15% from Dying sun and 15% from tree and you're now hitting only 3 pods on bosses most of the time

i don't have exact numbers but it seems that radius of the spread is much much higher with increases to aoe than you can increase the size of the pods so you never make up enough radius on your pods for overlap if you take too much AOE

i'll do some more testing later to find out Just exactly how much AOE you can safely get before you nerf your single target”

It looks like Dying Sun is back on the table, but Carcass Jack is permanently off as it will nerf our single target damage when mixed with either dying sun or the versatile stance F&S boost.

EDIT: This actually makes sense for us to bring Malevolence back. For some reason I was certain that Malevolence had a Skill AoE Modifier, which it doesn't.

That info is from the following reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/msmz0o/update_on_the_new_toxic_rain_mechanics_because_i/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 18 avr. 2021 21:44:37
I updated the build and the PoB. Major changes are Malevolence and Dying Sun are back.

Edit: Forgot to add switch Swift Affliction into Mirage Archer on selfcast. That helps with Ultimatums.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 19 avr. 2021 03:22:26
Thanks for the updates! Feels good having malevolence back.

I've not had much time to play this weekend (in the process of buying a house so that sort of takes priority :P) but I'm loving this so far. Only in act 6, but first kitava fight was a breeze. Have only died a couple times and they were 100% my fault, I feel immortal. Got kinda lucky with a goldrim and hyrri's bite practically right out of the gate. Also found a 5L iron commander so am using that, obviously there are better leveling bows but the totem buff is nice.
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
Thanks for the reply back! I was going to try this as a totem only build (no self cast). I thought that would look way cooler. Is that a bad idea?
No, it’s not a bad idea. That’s mostly what I did in the gauntlet and just focused on defenses, moving, and dodging. You can do something that gives you QoL on the chest like Blast Rain- Increased Duration- Withering Touch- Life Gain on Hit- Hextouch- Despair. That would automate wither and despair, give you life, and you only have to cast it every 10 seconds or so. Plus, it sounds great if you like that type of thing... blam blam blam.

Build going great so far!! Level 81 was a breeze! I think the Ultimatums can be tough near the end with just totem. Totems can get killed somewhat easily. Would Rain of Arrows be better than Blast Rain for the life gain on hit and curse application?
"
Destrumona a écrit :
Thanks for the updates! Feels good having malevolence back.

I've not had much time to play this weekend (in the process of buying a house so that sort of takes priority :P) but I'm loving this so far. Only in act 6, but first kitava fight was a breeze. Have only died a couple times and they were 100% my fault, I feel immortal. Got kinda lucky with a goldrim and hyrri's bite practically right out of the gate. Also found a 5L iron commander so am using that, obviously there are better leveling bows but the totem buff is nice.

It does feel good to feel strong. I recently picked up the FtS/LtF ascendancy, I was unsure of whether it made sense for awhile but then it hit a couple times. Its like having a free automated panicked life flask that gives you a big DPS boost. I think it'll be very useful in higher tier maps.

An extra totem isn't anything to scoff at while leveling. It's great for bosses. I hadn't even thought of it tbh.
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 19 avr. 2021 10:38:44
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
"
Donkster5 a écrit :
"
LilyKittens4 a écrit :
Thanks for the reply back! I was going to try this as a totem only build (no self cast). I thought that would look way cooler. Is that a bad idea?
No, it’s not a bad idea. That’s mostly what I did in the gauntlet and just focused on defenses, moving, and dodging. You can do something that gives you QoL on the chest like Blast Rain- Increased Duration- Withering Touch- Life Gain on Hit- Hextouch- Despair. That would automate wither and despair, give you life, and you only have to cast it every 10 seconds or so. Plus, it sounds great if you like that type of thing... blam blam blam.

Build going great so far!! Level 81 was a breeze! I think the Ultimatums can be tough near the end with just totem. Totems can get killed somewhat easily. Would Rain of Arrows be better than Blast Rain for the life gain on hit and curse application?

That's awesome. I've noticed totem life in ultimatums is limited as well. I have to place them quite often. I've adjusted things and re-added Mirage archer in place of Swift Affliction in the selfcast to combat this.

Since you are trying not to selfcast, that might not work for you. You could do extra QoL selfcast by doing something like TR-VM-MA-WT-Increased Duration-LGOH. Your mirage archer would last longer that way but you'd still get some DpS out of it. You would just have to selfcast despair until you can get a witchfire brew.

Regarding RoA, it would spread the hits out so better for LGoH and curse as you said. However, it would not apply as steady a stream of wither stacks on bosses.
~Donkster5
Also, I got really lucky a couple times over the weekend. First I dropped a primordial might (200c). Then... if any of you sold me this bow for 180 chaos... thank you :). I'll switch out the weapon enchant when I can.

Keep checking trade site, y'all!
~Donkster5
Dernière édition par Donkster5, le 19 avr. 2021 10:44:21
Not super far into leveling but this build absolutely KILLS it in ultimatums. The fast place speed of the ballistas lets you run in circles without messing up your movement when aiming and it feels really good. It's gotten to the point where I don't kill any normal monsters in zones, just do the ultimatums and move on
Hi!
Do I need to remove Flash And Stone and replace it with malevolence? Or should we leave everything together?
Sorry for my english :D

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires