[3.14] Dual Wield Molten Strike | Pseudo 7-8L | up to 7k life | Dodge + Fortify + Overleech

"
Shafirion a écrit :
I am currently pondering if I should try and bring this build to 3.14.

Apparently because this build is not meta, the harvest changes hit the helmet hard.

Then again, the helmet isn't available for league start, we would have to start on a 6L anyways.

So basically I see two routes to go:

a) Either keep Kaom's Heart and accept a massive loss in damage (mainly from the helmet) while keeping the tankiness.

b) Replacing Kaom's Heart by either Farrul's Fur or an influenced chest. This will result in a huge loss of Life but could make up for a good amount of dps by (1) the mods from the chest and (2) the possibility to add empower to get another huge amount of flat dps from Anger.

What do you guys think?

If you can find a way to make it work without being able to harvest craft the helmet that would be really cool. It's a fun build and different to the usual cyclone playstyle.

I've been working on my character and have actually invested a decent amount of exalts into the build now.

Current POB: https://pastebin.com/SVQzkq0M

One cluster I have noticed that seems to give more DPS is swapping out the Eagle Eye nodes, Crit chance and accuracy in favour of the honed edge nodes near the bottom right of the tree. This gives me more DPS on POB for both the melee strike and the balls and frees up 1 skill point.

selling this due to out of fun: build destroy everything!!!!
if someone interested pm me on post on trade ty :P
Since GGG apparently decided to tackle a lot of important issues in 3.14 I have decided to try and keep this build going. I also want to try and league start it. It is certainly not an ideal league startet, but then again it should be possible to transition into helmet from a 6L and Molten Strike's bossing potential should carry the build a long way. Getting a Saviour will probably the biggest hurdle, since they tend to be pricey early on and the harvest nerfs should make it much more expensive.

If anyone else is league starting I would be glad to share experience during league start. :)
So far league start is going pretty well, much better than I expected.

I decided to level with claws for the life gain on hit and I am still on claws for early mapping, waiting to see how expensive The Saviour will be.

Elder helmets are already available on day 3. I just upgraded to a pseudo 6-L (18 immolate, 20 concentrated effect and a beautiful t1 life with 99 roll). Now I need Kaom's Heart to drop in price.

Interestingly enough, the campaign felt worese than early mapping. I would have expected it the other way around.

Still interested to exchance thoughts so anyone playing this feel free to message me.
Dernière édition par Shafirion, le 19 avr. 2021 03:52:24
Hey,

So just wanted to know, if i'm simply stupid, or is it supposed to be like this - I can't withstand (most of) yellow maps ultimatums, i simply get practically out numebered and one shot.

This is my current pob. https://pastebin.com/qwqQ69ac
Thanks
Dernière édition par PathOfNickname, le 25 avr. 2021 13:49:40
"
PathOfNickname a écrit :
Hey,

So just wanted to know, if i'm simply stupid, or is it supposed to be like this - I can't withstand (most of) yellow maps ultimatums, i simply get practically out numebered and one shot.

This is my current pob. https://pastebin.com/qwqQ69ac
Thanks

I can't really give advice on Ultimatums. I found them rather tough and have decided to avoid them until I have permanent Fortifiy which is a game changer. I guess it is rather a league specific question, so I am sorry I can't be of help.

I did check your char and you do not have the incursion gloves. I suggest you get them asap, they are fairly cheap and the flat fire damage is a massive dps boost.
A little update on league starting potential (I will add another section to the guide adressing this once I have a final assesment). It is fair to say I was wrong; this is a very viable league starter. Transitioning into harder content has been fairly easy so far.

It does get a little tricky at T14+ with Awakening Level 5. Missing Fortify and Elusive brings back the old problem that overleech by itself doesn't cut it (even if paired with dodge). Dps is still fine, conquerors are less of a problem than in other league starts I had.

The most annoying part is that we use a couple of uniques that are rather pricey at the start of the league. I underestimated that for Kaom's Heart and Dying Sun. It is a little frustrating to sink so much currency into something you know will be dropping in price a lot.

So far I have my Saviour, next possible updates are Dying Sun, Watcher's Eye - Paradoxica, Bottled Faith and Tailwind (or Elusive) boots are still a way off. I am really curious how far we can push the build without harvest.
Dernière édition par Shafirion, le 27 avr. 2021 04:51:01
The progress https://pastebin.com/p2MG7fyw

@shafi
I tried this build in 3.13 with a few changes of my own and it was a lot of fun and plenty of damage. I might be coming back to it again. I dont like playing the same build too repetitively cause I dont wanna get bored of it but I cant seem to find another build that's doing it for me like this one did. Lol
Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for the comprehensive Guide. Really enjoying this build so far as my second Character. However im running into some serious Boss Damage issues on A8 and Conquerors. You got any advice for me, cause i cant figure out where im missing that much damage ?

Current State of my Character : https://pastebin.com/cn9dKrja

Thanks alot in advance!

Cheers

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires