[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

Thank you very much for the answer and you work ! i'll try to level as spelsslinger VD, then transition to coc later :)
There is a Scourge mod which is "Deal #% of your maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit", with 15% as the top amount. I wonder if that works crazy well with this build if you focus life?
Dernière édition par The_Second_Me, le 24 oct. 2021 03:35:42
"
The_Second_Me a écrit :
There is a Scourge mod which is "Deal #% of your maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit", with 15% as the top amount. I wonder if that works crazy well with this build if you focus life?

Say what now?

Looked it up...um

um

WAT

YES

That looks freaking insane!...as long as there is no cooldown on it.

Edit: It caps at 19% for the max tier.
I am wondering if it scales off of generic damage modifiers and ele/fire pen.

IF there's no cooldown and it's scalable then that has some SERIOUS potential to be busted.

Edit 2:
There's no way it DOESN'T have a cooldown, the game would just break. Stack 100% chance to ignite with EOI and it'd be an infinite loop. At the very least it'd get fixed asap.

Edit 3: It can't ignite and the damage on it is pretty poor. So rip that idea.
Dernière édition par Gryphenprey, le 24 oct. 2021 12:38:04
Thanks for looking into it!
hello all,

i am back after 6 years adn I wanna make a CWC-VD build and I also found this one :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3057305/page/1

can anyone recommend me this one or your and why?

SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 a écrit :
hello all,

i am back after 6 years adn I wanna make a CWC-VD build and I also found this one :

Well, this is Cast on Crit so let's get the pros and cons of that out of the way first:

Cast on Crit is a damage support in addition to the trigger. CWC has no damage multiplier on it.

Trigger Rate of CWC is Fixed at around 3.33/s and that's assuming you have alternative means to trigger Desecrate sufficiently, if on the same links then you're halving your dps output. CoC will proc VD approximately 6.5-7.5 times per second depending on your attack speed cap and CDR even WITH desecrate in the links.

CWC does not need to be in melee which means it's possible to kite and do not need to scale accuracy or melee crit.

CoC needs to be in melee range and you need sufficient accuracy and crit chance. That said the accuracy and crit are not hard to come by.

This build allows for 75/75 block (no glancing blows) permanent uptime on endurance charges, very respectable raw damage output, and most importantly, sets you on fire.

Hope that helps. It can be a bit pricey to get into at this stage of the league. That's something to keep in mind.
"
Gryphenprey a écrit :
"
xenochaos1 a écrit :
hello all,

Well, this is Cast on Crit so let's get the pros and cons of that out of the way first:

Cast on Crit is a damage support in addition to the trigger. CWC has no damage multiplier on it.

Trigger Rate of CWC is Fixed at around 3.33/s and that's assuming you have alternative means to trigger Desecrate sufficiently, if on the same links then you're halving your dps output. CoC will proc VD approximately 6.5-7.5 times per second depending on your attack speed cap and CDR even WITH desecrate in the links.

CWC does not need to be in melee which means it's possible to kite and do not need to scale accuracy or melee crit.

CoC needs to be in melee range and you need sufficient accuracy and crit chance. That said the accuracy and crit are not hard to come by.

This build allows for 75/75 block (no glancing blows) permanent uptime on endurance charges, very respectable raw damage output, and most importantly, sets you on fire.

Hope that helps. It can be a bit pricey to get into at this stage of the league. That's something to keep in mind.

so basically your COC build does more dmg BUT you need to be in melee range? so A LOt more dangerous and less tanky ?

while the other CWC build can be cast from range wihtout having to go in melee, which would make it more tanky but less DPS?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 a écrit :
"
Gryphenprey a écrit :
"
xenochaos1 a écrit :
hello all,

so basically your COC build does more dmg BUT you need to be in melee range? so A LOt more dangerous and less tanky ?

while the other CWC build can be cast from range wihtout having to go in melee, which would make it more tanky but less DPS?

Oh no I didn't say less tanky. :P

We have 75/75 Block
Nearly INSTANT Life+ES Recovery
Cyclone Mobility in general is good defensively
Immortal Call uptime is huge. We instantly recover our 4+ Endurance Charges after casting IC (which has a nice duration as a result).
4+ Endurance Charges...:P

The build is incredibly tanky once you've invested into it.
Having played that this league and other leagues as well, I would suggest that you go VD spellslinger if you really want the ability to offscreen mobs and even bosses, it will be less tanky and lower DPS ceiling than CoC but also more "voluntary mobility" and comparable DPS to CwC.

Reason SS is better than CwC in this setup is that it does not require moving towards the mobs at all to properly offscreen them - with a CwC, you're casting where your mouse is pointing, so it has to be towards edge of screen, which will obviously make you move (unless you choose another channeling spell than Cyclone I guess). Between SS and CwC you're only losing on channelling mods, which kinda disappeared this league, and on mana reservation for auras, which is compensated by the SS added damage and faster triggers.

My suggestion is to level and map all the way to red with VDSS before transitioning to CoC when you have enough for core items (staff, amulet+ring, jewel) to farm the big upgrades (Cluster, thread of hope, Watcher's eye or its poor man's equivalent: aspect of the spider with spinnerets, timeless jewel) and the optimisation (6L staff, awakened gems, helmet, fatter Watcher's eye, better rings).
Going for this build again this season, levelling up with Spellslinger is a bit hard, but doable.

Low tier maps are manageable with only ~50% crit chance and ~40/40% block and a 6-link setup.

I also recommend picking up the power charges in the tree (3 power charges). Basically every crit we don't make is the same as missing a hit due to low accuracy. In my opinion it's an enormous damage loss.

@Gryphenprey, you can try with your last pob build, pick the 3 power charges and see the damage increase by 33%.
Dernière édition par ThecNiqueMan, le 25 oct. 2021 12:45:33

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires