Bloom in Path of Exile

"
Nephalim a écrit :
Jesus christ people are getting too worked up over this. GGG is doing their best and its going to improve over time.

Game development is not always as simple as creating an on off switch for something so intrinsic to the game's assets. They would literally need to re apply all the fake bloom particles they took out for a temporarily fix.

GGG could give everyone 100 free mystery boxes and someone would still find a way to acuse the company of greed, corruption and apathy.

Can someone post screenshots of bloom being an issue even on the slight setting?

Pretty much. I rather they implement new tech, ditch the old one and then let the artist tweak and make adjustments than be stuck with the old particle system. Performance should be way better now,and it is for me atleast.

Also I think many dont know what PBR is and has nothing to do with an artists vision. The whole idea is to calculate how light behaves in the real world so that the artist doesnt have to guess. Too much to ask gamers to read up on things though.
"
Bloom is fine.
I like the performance improvement as well.

It's quite bugged in the Eradicator's boss fight (the spheres spawned by the boss are too bright), but otherwise I saw no problem with new system.

Yea, same for me. I didn't even noticed, until I saw the complaining threads on reddit. There are some exceptions, like mine flares or when harvesting seeds, but that's just about it.
"
Walltrigger a écrit :

Pretty much. I rather they implement new tech, ditch the old one and then let the artist tweak and make adjustments than be stuck with the old particle system. Performance should be way better now,and it is for me atleast.

Also I think many dont know what PBR is and has nothing to do with an artists vision. The whole idea is to calculate how light behaves in the real world so that the artist doesnt have to guess. Too much to ask gamers to read up on things though.

If bloom is new tech, then diablo immortal is a masterpiece
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Nephalim a écrit :
Jesus christ people are getting too worked up over this. GGG is doing their best and its going to improve over time.

Game development is not always as simple as creating an on off switch for something so intrinsic to the game's assets. They would literally need to re apply all the fake bloom particles they took out for a temporarily fix.

GGG could give everyone 100 free mystery boxes and someone would still find a way to acuse the company of greed, corruption and apathy.

Can someone post screenshots of bloom being an issue even on the slight setting?

This was on slight:
Spoiler
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
girng a écrit :
"
Walltrigger a écrit :

If bloom is new tech, then diablo immortal is a masterpiece

Bloom itself is not new. Going from particles to a proper bloom system is, in this engine obviously.
The default setting is outrageous. Fries your brain in a few minutes.
Saying that more people chose to leave bloom on default gives me a headache for several reasons.

It seems like a attempt to discredit the people that take issue with the effect.
It doesnt take the amount of people who had no idea that you added bloom and that there is a option to change in the first place into consideration.

Well anyway. You guys are the experts, you have the data but i can tell you if i like what i see or if i dont like. Bloom on default is a mess.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
Shovelcut a écrit :

This was on slight:
Spoiler

LMFAO WTF

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Dernière édition par girng, le 17 juil. 2020 02:39:02
The people complaining about the 'more work for us' line are the same ones that complain about all the QoL and mechanics not being in the game. With a finite amount of resources and employees, you do have to make decisions like this.

However, a very good point that has been brought up is the visuals getting in the way of the gameplay. If not having bloom on influences gameplay and having bloom on influences gameplay (for those that dislike it), what's the harm in having the slider go down to 5% (or whatever)? The point being that if bloom is always going to be an inconvenience to those people, let them choose the inconvenience.
"
We can't just turn outright Bloom off, or else various effects will not be drawn as the artists intend them to.

why would you prioritize the ARTISTS wishes over the playerbase?

also:
"
While the overwhelming majority of players have left the setting on its default value, a few hundred players have expressed significant concern with the Bloom effects and want a way to disable them.

this is just pure gaslighting and you should KNOW it is irrelevant.
before reading about it, i didnt even KNEW that a bloom setting exists now. and most players in any game dont even touch the default settings. i dont think ive ever been as disappointed in years, not just because of the issue, but because how poorly this is handled and how little honesty appears to be in this statement. it just feels like an attempt of distraction from the problem of low player choice.

and to the people here, as usual, claiming that every complaint is "whining" and that you "cant just turn it off": do a quick google for a certain git repo of a neat help to actually get rid of the bloom. it is possible.
Dernière édition par FlyingThundah, le 17 juil. 2020 02:45:00
The change in bloom settings has drastically altered lighting within hideouts that use candles and torches.

Candles and actually much brighter than torches, and torches are about 30-40% brighter than before.

Season reward totems are also brighter. Even at low heighths it is noticeably different.

TLDR: The change in bloom totally borked the looked of my hideout.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires