Bloom in Path of Exile

My eyes is literally dying, this is not a meme pls turn it off
A bondade e maldade não são verdades. São oriundas do homem e cada uma vê tonalidades de maneira diferente.
GGG, I couldnt care less about your artist vision when im unable to hit 60fps with a frame time lower than 15-20ms.
I didn't even realize that the bloom rendering of the game engine was replaced. Take that as a testament to how well the transition went.

Players take the art for granted. GGG is taking the right approach by maintaining the artists' visions. Throwing that out would ruin the game's immersion and affect the gameplay experience.
"
kiwamisan a écrit :
I didn't even realize that the bloom rendering of the game engine was replaced. Take that as a testament to how well the transition went.

Players take the art for granted. GGG is taking the right approach by maintaining the artists' visions. Throwing that out would ruin the game's immersion and affect the gameplay experience.

If you think it's going smoothly you didn't read anyones post on this thread
Allow bloom to be completely turned off without re-enabling particles just put it behind a warning that some effects might not appear at intended. Why is that so hard? Some of us don't have the PC's to render the game true to the artists vision and as long as dynamic resolution is still an option this should be too since I'm quite sure those same artists didn't envision the game looking like an Agnis Martin painting either.
This is actually a no-brainer answer. The big problem in PoE is performance wise. If you can fix it with a good Bloom, this shouldn't even be a question.
Just keep improving the performance and let players configure the bloom to whatever they want and it shouldn't be a problem.
This is the same issue as we (players) don't have an OPTION to pick up some things automatically.

Some of us are having EYE STRAIN coz things are too bright.

Please give the players more OPTIONS.

I understand you (GGG) doesn't want to turn off Bloom for everyone , ok don't turn if off but give us an OPTION to do so for the ones that can stand it . The setting is already there, just add more OPTIONS.
A slider with 4 or 5 different values (0/25/50/75/100), will just SOLVE THE ISSUE FOR GOOD. Period end of issue.

The problem is not you updating the game and make it perform better.
The problem is FORCING us things that clearly cause eye strain (or make the game so bright that you can barely see shit) without giving a QoL option to you users, i barely can delve now...
I'm not throwing flares im throwing BLINDING FLASH! and avoiding all the ice nodes...

/////Off topic....I just slide this in here/////
The same has been talked about for ages and brought up in several podcast/streams with picking up every frigging mat.
And again I understand you don't want to make a pet P2W or make it automatically for everyone.
Just give us the OPTION to select some low level currency/scrolls to be picked up automatically (like friggin perandus coins and frigging fragments).
But you're to stubborn to give it to us.

How's PoE a "game to play forever" if your playerbase is going to be half blind and with hand issues ?
Dernière édition par D3m0n0, le 2 août 2020 22:03:55
Here's a genuine suggestion...

Give us the ability to turn Bloom partially off. I mean, a way to disable it on every single thing that's not depentant on the bloom for the player to visualize, while, at the same time, minimizing to the maximum possible every effect where bloom is strictly essential.
GREAT!.... Now how about fix the black box that has been rearing it's ugly head ALL EFFIN' LEAGUE hmm? OH... Or the severe lag spike when harvesting seeds... OR the MAJOR lag spike during your current league's main boss fight?

Bottom line.. You need more people to address the considerable screen clutter. It's not happening fast enough and it's starting to deter players. You are losing traction in the ARPG scene. Either ya'll need to fix this stuff faster, or HOPE POE2 is everything you are expecting it to be. If you guys are not quick enough at cleaning stuff up, POE will become just another GREAT 1-2 Decade game and then fall into obscurity.
I really can't stand most post-processing in games.

Motion Blur is an abomination that shouldn't exist.

Bloom... I can kinda tolerate in low amounts, but the concept behind it still bothers me.

"
Description
Bloom is a computer graphics effect used in video games, demos, and high dynamic range rendering to reproduce an imaging artifact of real-world cameras

So the "artists vision" whereby their view of Wraeclast requires players to see the world through a camera lens with artificial artifacts, that just doesn't sit right with me.

This isn't Warframe, what happened to the dark and gritty setting POE launched with?

If you're using bloom to simulate a lighting effect but saving resources by using bloom rather than running it through the lighting engine... sure, go right ahead, save me that FPS and optimisation. But every time this post said that the artists' vision required bloom... why?

Maybe I'm just being pedantic about what bloom is from a technical perspective, but that's my background. I may just be a consumer these days, but I still studied graphical programming, and it's hard to just switch off what you've learned.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires