Bloom in Path of Exile

Anyone else suddenly craving a bloomin onion?
Saved
I prefer all natural blooms, those fake blooms just don't feel or look like the real thing #lovenaturalblooms

Love the work you do GGG, anything improving performance is highly apperciated, keep it up :)
Let tomorrow be about solutions. Today is about vengeance.
- John Oliver

Had a Chaos-DoT-Caster-guide for any class, then 2021 patches happened^^ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485596
What a disappointing response.

GGG is taking a really bad turn in the recent past...
"
Kemblain a écrit :
really doesnt make sense that the artists have higher priority than gameplay designers at a game studio
why is art being prioritized over visual clarity?

I guess they do not want people to put screenshots or videos with "not pretty enough" effects online.

It's always been that way, even when (way back) some effects dropped frames to almost 0.
Back then there was one such effect which got a lot of flack for making the game performance drop to unplayable levels for many players. The gfx designer answered in a complaint thread something along the lines of "but I needed to add lots of particles to make it look good". When asked if that is really worth tanking the game in certain situations, he answered something like "That is not my problem, I just get paid to make it look good".

I guess GGG still hasn't resolved that problem. QA still only tests single aspects, the "big picture" doesn't get tested enough.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
It's unbelievable how many people are focusing only on the negative things. As in all things in life you can't please everyone. Keep up the good work GGG, you are on the right track, you know how to make the game better.
- GRaveChilD
What is you people's problem? They clearly said "hey we made changes to optimize the game but there's some outliers that are still causing problems. We're working on fixing it and report these outliers so we can fix it" and you guys are all going full Karen instead and being like "no we said no bloom, so no bloom. We don't want you fixing the issue, we want it our way." Chill. Let them fix the problems.they said this new system was implemented this league. Give them time to fix the outliers and if it's still bad next league then start complaining.
i understood development side by for but im still have to doing blink of my eyes evevn in Bloom slight option. hopefully it has more slight or just turn off.
GG GGG anyway have a good weekend.
All you must do in the first: to make it optional.

And only then implement it and doing fixes if it works not as intended, so players have their freedom to choose to play with bloom or not.

Now they dont have, and semibloom seems not contributing here. Especially in league where you forced to have nothing in maps, literally, so many os us gone down to delve.. and guess what???

Bloom was torturing us in delve even on lowest its values. And those NUCLEAR flares..

Yeah, sure.
Keep your staff disconnected from game, from players and dont give a flying duck about what they play and feel.

Because you have a special vision.

But seriously.
You need to start to play your gane already. Seriously. Without cheats and console. And see whats you really done with it.

I dont think I and knownfriends will watch this baeclast, we already sick of another portion of excuses and counterfun manifest-like vows.
Yes, PBR is needed. Im not so sure about bloom on everything though. Fire needs it for sure. Shouldnt metalness be enough to push light values beyond the standard range in a metal/roughness workflow? Switching tech to a more industry standard sounds like an immense undertaking but damn worth it. No more guessing how materials behave in certain lighting conditions.
Wow, a lot of people are angry. If it's so bad, don't play the game until they make it better. Disabling bloom isn't so simple and you can't "Just make an option to disable bloom" like that instantly, give them time to fix their stuff.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires