[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

"
KitesAreFun a écrit :
I'd like to thank the guy that looked at my pob. I think he stumbled onto the solution. Was I waiting for stuff to degen? Good question!

Edit: Pride is still dark with the message on the Pride icon "not enough mana" when I clearly have enough mana.

I'm trying all this stuff in my hideout, that can't make a difference can it?

What items are you swapping in when you try it out? Link them in your post since I can't see them on your character as you probably swap them back and do maps or something else. If you don't know how to link in forums, put the items in your inventory on your character and then go to post a new message, then click your character portrait in the top left of the page and click the items once each. Preview the message to make sure it worked.

Edit: I probably won't be on for quite a bit after this, but if you still haven't found an answer when I get back, then I'll put those items in PoB and see what's different. Or you can try checking it all yourself if you have PoB installed.
Dernière édition par madmarvels, le 27 avr. 2020 00:43:19
"
KitesAreFun a écrit :
"
Shahared a écrit :
You are probably not looking at the correct character on my account. The links are like this: Enlighten lvl 3, Pride, Flesh and Stone, Maim. That's a four link in my helmet. Next links: Enlighten lvl 3, Dread Banner, Blood and Sand, Precision lvl 4. That's the 4 link in my gloves. You need to run the enlighten on all the mana reserve skills, NOT skills that don't reserve mana. The whole point of using enlighten is to reduce the amount of mana being reserved by aura skills. Using them on skills that don't reserve mana like blood rage is not going to do anything to help us use more auras.

The thing you need to understand about Auras is that they are percentage based, and they reserve that percentage of your entire mana pool. If each aura combined together adds up to over 100% you would be reserving more mana than you have available. That's why we need to use enlighten on them, in order to reduce their amount reserved to be less than 100%. The amount of mana you have is completely irrelevant in this regard. You could have 100 mana or 1000 mana, the auras will still work as long as they don't reserve over 100%.

The only reason total mana matters is for how much you have left after you reserve a portion of your total pool. So if you have a total mana pool of 100, and you reserve 90% of that, you are left with 10 mana to cast spells with. If you had a total mana pool of 1000 and you reserved 90% of that, you would have 100 mana left to cast spells with.

One more thing I forgot to note: The only Aura we are running that is not percentage based is Precision. It reserves a flat amount of mana that increases as it levels. Which is why we have to leave it at lvl 4. If you are still having problems reserving mana after linking your gems as described above, it's going to be precision that is causing the problem. You will either have to de-level it using the vendor recipe, or leave it off. You can see the percentages that each gem would normally reserve in their tooltips in the inventory, and you can see what they currently reserve after being linked to an enlighten gem by looking at the tooltips for the skills in your hotbar.

Both enlightens are hitting the auras. Exactly like his POB has it. Exactly as you have instructed. Unfortunately it is not even close to being enough mana to run Pride. Hell, it's not even close if I turn of dread banner and precision. Not even in the ball park here. What character are you playing, and is it a character that is not a Duelist? You might just have shit tons of mana or something. Even the guide instructs the player not to switch to Pride until after the -15 on the armor is acquired. But that doesn't work either, not for me, slapping -3s on all jewelry.

Thankfully the ring is working out okay, and I can comfortably run Pride/Dread/Precision auras while leeching mana.

No I am playing Duelist, not another class. And none of my gear has changed, so you were either looking at another character, or you were not looking carefully. And you really need to try to understand this: Every aura besides precision is Percentage Based. It literally doesn't matter how much mana you have. The reason everyone who is trying to help you is confused and assuming you are doing something wrong is that it works for literally everyone else. And on top of that they can import your character into POB and prove that it 'should' be working for you. Nobody is running some secret gem or item that is making this work for them and not you. I know it must be frustrating, but the only explanation is that 'Something' is different about your setup.

The only advice I can give you at this point is to triple check everything you are doing. The only thing you need to get this to work is the enlighten gems linked to the aura gems. So maybe if you eliminate anything else that could be interfering it will help you figure out the problem. Maybe it's some kind of undocumented bug with Essence Worm, and the 40% aura increase isn't going away after you remove the ring. Maybe take it off and then swap zones and see if that helps. If you truly can't get it to work then something else is going on that we can't help you with, and you will have to contact GGG. I doubt that's the case, but who knows.

See here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d3yw6a/problem_with_the_pride_gem/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

Guy has same problem but people tell him to ignore because it is still working. If it wasn't then wouldn't reserve Mana. Hmmm.

And here:

https://devtrackers.gg/pathofexile/p/45b31c2f-bug-pride-aura-shows-no-icon-when-activated

I do get the swirly bits. I think I'm okay after all.
Dernière édition par KitesAreFun, le 27 avr. 2020 04:07:56
"
KitesAreFun a écrit :
See here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d3yw6a/problem_with_the_pride_gem/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

Guy has same problem but people tell him to ignore because it is still working. If it wasn't then wouldn't reserve Mana. Hmmm.

And here:

https://devtrackers.gg/pathofexile/p/45b31c2f-bug-pride-aura-shows-no-icon-when-activated

I do get the swirly bits. I think I'm okay after all.

Sounds like it's the same issue. If you look at this link: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pride there is a picture on the right that shows what it looks like when you have the pride aura active. Do you see that?
Dernière édition par Shahared, le 27 avr. 2020 04:24:44
I'm going to check right now. I'm almost certain that all skills' icons darken if there is not enough mana to (in theory) run the skill again. Thus my essence ring Pride never darkened because I had enough to run another Pride which gave me the illusion of the essence ring Pride working and the normal OP version not working. This makes perfect sense now that I know the "not enough mana message" applies to if you were to click, but not the current state as it is right now.

Edit: Yes the graphic is there under my feet even though Pride is darkened and says I don't have enough mana. That was a simple way to test this all along actually. Props. And with that -8 Praxis ring and the -3 ammy I'm good to go... I don't need that ridiculous -15 armor.

Thanks for your help.
Dernière édition par KitesAreFun, le 27 avr. 2020 05:28:06
"
KitesAreFun a écrit :
I'm going to check right now. I'm almost certain that all skills' icons darken if there is not enough mana to (in theory) run the skill again. Thus my essence ring Pride never darkened because I had enough to run another Pride which gave me the illusion of the essence ring Pride working and the normal OP version not working. This makes perfect sense now that I know the "not enough mana message" applies to if you were to click, but not the current state as it is right now.

Edit: Yes the graphic is there under my feet even though Pride is darkened and says I don't have enough mana. That was a simple way to test this all along actually. Props. And with that -8 Praxis ring and the -3 ammy I'm good to go... I don't need that ridiculous -15 armor.

Thanks for your help.
I'm glad you got everything working :D
Hi there,

I got a question.
I went along with guide as close as possible and I think my gear is quite good up to now. Nonetheless I am dying constantly when facing bosses in high Tier maps like 15 and 16. Sometimes even at lower Tier if I am not carefull enough.
I am somewhat a glass cannon.
So I compare my build to Bergerbrush´s and noticed some differences in the Tree.
Also I noticed that he´s got somewhat of 20k Armor and me only 8k.
Is that the solution or is there something I oversee?
I would be glad to get some input.
Thanks in advance
"
Dreenan a écrit :

I got a question.
I went along with guide as close as possible and I think my gear is quite good up to now. Nonetheless I am dying constantly when facing bosses in high Tier maps like 15 and 16. Sometimes even at lower Tier if I am not carefull enough.
I am somewhat a glass cannon.

aim for an abyssus with 40% increased phys taken, a medium cluster jewel with enduring focus so you can generate endurance charges while channelling, and yes armour can help too,
other than that, get more life, tier 1 life preferably everywhere, drop both unique rings, since u got -mana chest u dont need praxis, abyss jewel in belt has no life on it
on the tree u have mana leech that u dnt need either, thats 5 wasted points
on the large cluster jewels u want deep cut, its huge dps
Thumb up!! Feel very friendly for me such as new player and beginner!!
"
aim for an abyssus with 40% increased phys taken, a medium cluster jewel with enduring focus so you can generate endurance charges while channelling, and yes armour can help too,
other than that, get more life, tier 1 life preferably everywhere, drop both unique rings, since u got -mana chest u dont need praxis, abyss jewel in belt has no life on it
on the tree u have mana leech that u dnt need either, thats 5 wasted points
on the large cluster jewels u want deep cut, its huge dps

Thanks for your input.
New Abyssus and new Rings done.
Now resetting the tree points and afterwards looking out for new cluster Jewel.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires