[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

PoB shows a alot of dmg from Divergent Chance to Bleed Support ,but does we get it ? Since we dont use a weapon and dont get that added dmg ?
"
The_Shamus a écrit :

artisanix thank you for the earlier advice on my build yesterday, I didn't have a chance to thank you until today. I'll finish the Uber lab and tweak my tree.

You're welcome ;]

"
The_Shamus a écrit :

Re: positional play I wonder if I should drop shield charge at this point of the grind since it puts me smack dab into the packs and I no longer nearly kill them like in lower level maps. I find "strafe bombing" with dash to be much more effective when delving gets crowded with monster packs or I hit a large mob in a map.

The best defence in this game is not to get hit at all. If you can avoid a danger "mechanically" with your movement that's always better than to gamble with max block/dodge/evade or whatever you have there on your character.

And I think that Shield Charge on such SST build is like seeking that danger of being hit actively :] Maybe this will be counter-intuitive to some people, but if you train a bit your movement habits it is far less dangerous to have no fortify and dodge things manually, than to charge or leap into each and every pack of enemies to enable that fortify for all costs ;>

I'm also not a big fan of Dash here. Even with a Second Wind this skill failed me too many times when I needed to move that one additional time ;p

In your setup you can combine both mechanics (Shield Charge and Dash) with Leap Slam. For instance, on boots create a 4-link and put Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Lifetap. Lifetap is very useful here especially for those situations where you run maps infested with Baran's mobs or fight him - no mana issues - you can still move and fight comfortably even with 0 mana. Small words of advice though ;] - don't train your habits to leap into mobs on purpose to proc that fortify - always try to leap away from the danger rather to actively seek it - of course until you don't care about exp and gaining some higher levels ;]
I just stand in front of the boss and throw shields, works on my machine.
"
artisanix a écrit :
In your setup you can combine both mechanics (Shield Charge and Dash) with Leap Slam. For instance, on boots create a 4-link and put Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Fortify + Lifetap. Lifetap is very useful here especially for those situations where you run maps infested with Baran's mobs or fight him - no mana issues - you can still move and fight comfortably even with 0 mana. Small words of advice though ;] - don't train your habits to leap into mobs on purpose to proc that fortify - always try to leap away from the danger rather to actively seek it - of course until you don't care about exp and gaining some higher levels ;]

I had some currency and did a major re-work of the build taking all of your advice and seeing what you did on your own lvl 100 build.

Tweaked build - https://pastebin.com/TpSUpABB

Ok I still have a few things to work on but the main one (maybe sounds dumb) is re-training my muscle memory on the keyboard for the new skill setup/flasks. And of course #2 is to avoid danger "mechanically". But still aside from some bad keystrokes I can already feel the power shift of the tweaking. Again thank you so much!
Dernière édition par The_Shamus, le 20 sept. 2021 04:50:28
"
Oneronrus a écrit :
PoB shows a alot of dmg from Divergent Chance to Bleed Support ,but does we get it ? Since we dont use a weapon and dont get that added dmg ?

Yes, it works. The gem gives you a very nice dmg multiplier and is one of the better support gems to run!
"
Eridoo a écrit :
I just stand in front of the boss and throw shields, works on my machine.

That's my main strategy after I've managed to hit 100 ;]
Now this char is mainly a bosser for me, and I play more aggressively, much closer to enemies, as I don't mind to loose a portal or two occasionally.
However such playing style wasn't reliable for me while grinding to 100.

"
The_Shamus a écrit :

I had some currency and did a major re-work of the build taking all of your advice and seeing what you did on your own lvl 100 build.

My build should only be used as reference to a certain point as it is rather a mediocre example of SST for Trade league standards ;]

If I would be on a Trade then eventual improvement for it could be like:

- replace gems with awakened versions (except maybe multistrike as it is too pricey so not really worth it until you eat exalts for breakfast ;])

- definitely a better armour on a shield (well I was lucky to craft that ~2400 shield, as up to a half of a last level I was running with Lioneye's Remorse having ~1600 armour on that ;p)

- corrupting SST to lvl 21, and try to replace a chest and an amulet with influenced variants that add additional levels to gems (especially SST, to hit 24 level on that - good increase in damage, always useful for bossing).

Also don't look at my flask setup, as I hate those ;]
Until they introduced crafts with conditional triggers for flasks this league, I was running with 5 life flasks ;p I hate playing piano, and didn't bother with macro scripts and such.

What you can see there at this moment it's probably the most "lazy setup" you can have there ;] During general mapping it was useful for me to have those sulphur and onslaught flasks to trigger only while hitting rares to have a short damage bursts to finish them quicker. And two life flasks are there because I didn't bother to roll instant recovery on them, so sometimes drinking one wasn't enough to quickly recover and I had to use another. Anyway with this build and my style of "positional" playing instant recovery on those wasn't critical. Well if I'll be in a right mood in a near future I may decide to "fix" some of that ;]
"
artisanix a écrit :
My build should only be used as reference to a certain point...

All I know is there is a lot to learn in this game which is why I love it. I need more time in the forums perhaps. I played World of Tanks for 8 years until I had my fill and that was as technical as you wanted it to be. This (barring POE2) has taken its place.
Hey everyone, I've managed to finish A8 atlas now and wanting to min-max now.

Is there a specific farming method that favors SST/Bleed or does something generic like legion farming work?

Also, what should I focus next on upgrading? I've tried to run Uber labs for SST 5 enchant (to no avail) and as I play on console, there is a very limited number of these enchants available. Wondering if I should start trying to create an explody chest?

Thanks for any help!
"
peatar96 a écrit :

Is there a specific farming method that favors SST/Bleed or does something generic like legion farming work?

Also, what should I focus next on upgrading? I've tried to run Uber labs for SST 5 enchant (to no avail) and as I play on console, there is a very limited number of these enchants available. Wondering if I should start trying to create an explody chest?

Thanks for any help!

Legion in new vastir is really easy with sst because you don't need a lot of dps to break the entire thing with the atlas passives. I've been doing blight and breach in lira just because I enjoy it, although I do have the dps to offscreen all the blight bosses. I don't know what it's like on console but on pc "certain people" will always be buying blight maps in huge bulk. Pretty much just pick any league mechanic you like, buy or roll some watchstones for the corresponding area and get your scarabs. Uncharted realms 25% increased watchstone effect and +1 sextant use are nice for anything you do.

Explode chest seems silly because I assume you have Gratuitous Violence. The rest of your gear seems pretty okay, I'd go for clusters as they will be a bigger benefit over most gear upgrades for you.
"
Eridoo a écrit :
"
peatar96 a écrit :

Thanks for any help!

Legion in new vastir is really easy with sst because you don't need a lot of dps to break the entire thing with the atlas passives. I've been doing blight and breach in lira just because I enjoy it, although I do have the dps to offscreen all the blight bosses. I don't know what it's like on console but on pc "certain people" will always be buying blight maps in huge bulk. Pretty much just pick any league mechanic you like, buy or roll some watchstones for the corresponding area and get your scarabs. Uncharted realms 25% increased watchstone effect and +1 sextant use are nice for anything you do.

Explode chest seems silly because I assume you have Gratuitous Violence. The rest of your gear seems pretty okay, I'd go for clusters as they will be a bigger benefit over most gear upgrades for you.

Oh right, so they don't stack - thanks for that!

Is the extra damage worth it from getting a negative mana chest so that I can get rid of lifetap or should I just go straight for clusters?

Thanks again.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires