[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

Any videos doing high level ultimatums with this build?. How tanky is in ultimatums?
"
yissus a écrit :
Any videos doing high level ultimatums with this build?. How tanky is in ultimatums?
Sure! this build handles them great, so I should probably get some videos in. Being able to reliably full clear T16 ulti's is good advertising. I'll take some and upload this weekend.
Videos taken! The first one is a good all around example of mapping and bossing this league, and the second one I got lucky and went the full 9 rounds to the trialmaster!

T16 Caldera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsKyDa5_eyk
T16 Arachnid Nest + Trialmaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_8-KaWTKU
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 9 mai 2021 04:35:37
Tested CWDT + Storm Brand + Hextouch + Flammabilty today instead of the Golem setup and realised that Strom Brand procs HoP Sentinels on hit. Which means that Attackspeed isn't that important and maybe opens up some other weapon choices.

Since i can't fit Skitterbots without HoP reduced mana reserverd helmet enchant i went with reduce EC cd. This lets me drop Second Wind from the EC setup and put self cast Molten Shell in.

Flammabilty with divergent combustion and ignite prolif linked with raise zombies helps alot with mapping.
I switch Minion Life and Minion Damage back in for bosses though.

Since i had some mana left to reserve i put in vitality and got a watchers eye with determination + vitality bonus. An dropped Charisma for Rightous Army on my Amulet.

My PoB for the setups: https://pastebin.com/gmT8JeUc
You can drop Curse on Gloves for x% max Life or no corrupt at all and go with normal hextouch.

Im finished with the build for this league, upgrading any furhter is too costly for me.
Bone Helmet with Hypo would be a net 6% dmg increase, for about ~30-40ex.

Pretty decent League Starter after the switch to Loreweave+Transcendence.
Loreweave was 60c + Fus 5L and Transcendence Gem with Resistance 2ex.

But leveling was pretty rough with Dominating Blow, clear speed was no existend and slowed me down a lot. Never leveld a duelist though, always had some kind of caster or ranger.
Dernière édition par tera_X, le 9 mai 2021 08:50:01
Seems like a solid build, but I'm struggling to understand how this could possibly be put together for 'a few ex' when you need extensive res on every single cluster jewel, which can cost multiple ex per with even meager res on them. Even a base 8 passive minion jewel is nearing an exalt per.
Dernière édition par Xanthochroid, le 9 mai 2021 23:25:11
"
Xanthochroid a écrit :
Seems like a solid build, but I'm struggling to understand how this could possibly be put together for 'a few ex' when you need extensive res on every single cluster jewel, which can cost multiple ex per with even meager res on them. Even a base 8 passive minion jewel is nearing an exalt per.
Good question! I have two answers:

1. The most basic version of this build doesn't even need cluster jewels. After you wrote this comment I realized I had yet to put together the equivalent basic tree for the EC version, so I have now fixed that, see below.

https://pastebin.com/pkTnH8wD

Everything in that pastebin is intentionally simplified and should be easily available within the "few ex" budget. Damage is of course lower, but that is to be expected for a starter build. The key point is, that build has similar life and defenses to the endgame version costing many ex; making the build survivable is easy and cheap.

2. Moving in to the more endgame-focused build, don't get distracted by the multi-ex clusters. the 8-point large cluster is 1-2ex? Fine, get a 9 or 10 cluster large instead! I just looked and those are 10-40c right now. Same goes for the medium minion life nodes; don't worry about getting 4-point ones with feasting fiends and hulking corpses, look for plain jane minion life clusters of any size with the ele and chaos res you need. Yes damage will not quite be optimized, but when gearing up this is completely fine.

Skipping on notables in favor of more small passives in your clusters is actually recommended until you have basically perfect gear as it provides much more chaos/ele res than you could fit in with taking multiple notables, and those clusters will be way less expensive too. It's a bit counter-intuitive but it works and makes gearing up much less expensive.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 10 mai 2021 01:15:32
If it helps, here's my budget gear that I'm currently running (I'm a slow player that hates trading).

I bought the Loreweave for about 40C and 5 linked it myself.
The Aukuna's Will was also purchased for a handful of chaos.
I bought the Militant Faith Jewel for a small amount of chaos and my big purchase so far has been the Circle of Guilt ring with the Curse affix for 1Ex (my one and only Ex so far this league).

I also bought the Medium Cluster Jewel but can't remember how much for. It wasn't much, I bought it blank and crafted the affixes. Basically had to because in the early game GGG has decided in their wisdom to make build enabling items stupidly hard to come by.

Everything else was found along the way.

Initially I was concerned about dropping my 6 link for the Loreweave, but at the same time I applied the Militant Faith Jewel and the Circle of Guilt ring and my damage was fine. Gem levels definitely help here.

So, plenty of room for improvement obviously, but definitely playable at this standard.
Dernière édition par Aldora_the_Summoner, le 10 mai 2021 04:36:21
I know you're mostly focusing on the EC build, but could you update the gear segment about rings for the Non-EC one? Right now, it reads

"
Non-EC Version the endgame build needs both rings to be 20% reduced reservation(24”% after Fertile catalysts) or else you will have to invest in extra reservation on your tree, which is at least 2 wasted points. The non-EC build is more forgiving; as long as both rings have some amount of %reservation you will be fine.

. I think that's supposed to read the EC build is more forgiving, but more to the point fertile catalysts no longer reduce reservation. I tested this by putting 10 fertile catalysts on a ring, and the percent reserved by HoP did not change.
"
Rainbow_Trenchcoat a écrit :
I know you're mostly focusing on the EC build, but could you update the gear segment about rings for the Non-EC one? Right now, it reads

"
Non-EC Version the endgame build needs both rings to be 20% reduced reservation(24”% after Fertile catalysts) or else you will have to invest in extra reservation on your tree, which is at least 2 wasted points. The non-EC build is more forgiving; as long as both rings have some amount of %reservation you will be fine.

. I think that's supposed to read the EC build is more forgiving, but more to the point fertile catalysts no longer reduce reservation. I tested this by putting 10 fertile catalysts on a ring, and the percent reserved by HoP did not change.
Done! I updated the non-EC build to have rings with reservation at 18% for each, and to compensate I pathed to Sovereignty manually, spending 4 extra points. Those points come out of life atm, but feel free to play around with your life/damage point investment.
"
tera_X a écrit :
Flammabilty with divergent combustion and ignite prolif linked with raise zombies helps alot with mapping.
I switch Minion Life and Minion Damage back in for bosses though.
How do you handle the increased mana cost? That brings cyclone up to 4mana, and that would oom me fast. Do you stick with a gemini claw, or some sort of mana gain on hit?

"
But leveling was pretty rough with Dominating Blow, clear speed was no existend and slowed me down a lot. Never leveld a duelist though, always had some kind of caster or ranger.
Yeah I've heard this from multiple people. The clearspeed has always seemed fine to me, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to play some generic cyclone leveling build and just eat the regrets for a bigger respec. Idk I might try that with a test char later on this league to see if it feels better. Thanks for the feedback!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires