[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
Sybiil a écrit :
I'm going to use your build this league, the concept looks really fun. Thanks for the guide !

The dominating blow advice for leveling is awesome. Before that I was so slow ...

Thanks for the interest! This build actually started as a Dominating Blow build in 3.8, and about 70% of the tree is common between the two so it seemed like the the obvious leveling skill.

Dominating Blow has mechanical issues that start to crop up in tougher encounters, but that being said I was red mapping pretty comfortably before I swapped over to the final SRS build, so I expect leveling to be just fine.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 15 déc. 2019 04:18:51
For those following this build; I revised the leveling section to prioritize reaching the Spiritual Aid keystone and associated minion damage nodes, and revised the leveling trees in general to flow better. Cheers!
What is your opinion on linking summon phantasm to herald of purity? 10 more minions for 5% mana pool. They hit decently hard and should die pretty often to random aoe causing more mi explosions correct?
"
roachmanley a écrit :
What is your opinion on linking summon phantasm to herald of purity? 10 more minions for 5% mana pool. They hit decently hard and should die pretty often to random aoe causing more mi explosions correct?

It's an interesting idea, and one I've been thinking about for a while. The main issue is; we hardly ever actually kill anything ourselves with this build. Our cyclone damage is next to nothing; it's just there to summon SRS, and debuff things with EE. Because HoP needs us to deliver the killing blow, we will very rarely ever trigger it. I would be interested if you can come with a way tip make it work! One solution is to support the cwc-srs-cyclone link with phantasm directly, but you would need to drop combustion in that case which would be a pretty major nerf to our core damage.

If this was a dominating blow build I think your idea would work quite well though.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 15 déc. 2019 20:47:45
Very nice build! Ive tested on a reseted non league character, its the most safe summoner ive played. Even with less than 6k HP its resilient. Its a lot of armor. And the summons really can beat the contrnt.
Im building on the league righ now. But im thinking in adapt ir to Herald of Purity instead, otherwise ill follow your three.

For the low damage, the HOP can trigger when hitting rare enemies too.
Dernière édition par CarlosTrevisan, le 16 déc. 2019 07:45:31
"
CarlosTrevisan a écrit :
Very nice build! Ive tested on a reseted non league character, its the most safe summoner ive played. Even with less than 6k HP its resilient. Its a lot of armor. And the summons really can beat the contrnt.
Im building on the league righ now. But im thinking in adapt ir to Herald of Purity instead, otherwise ill follow your three.

For the low damage, the HOP can trigger when hitting rare enemies too.

Thank you for the feedback! I ended up running about 6.3k hp last league, and it felt safer than other builds I've played with much higher health pools. Feel free to post up your build progress too and anywhere the guide can be improved; and let me know if you figure out how to fit in HoP.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 16 déc. 2019 12:46:51
I took this build as a league starter, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Tavukai dropped from 50 chaos yesterday to 5 today :)

My question: You take Conqueror for 100 % taunt on hit and Worthy Foe so that taunted enemies can't evade attacks. Still you take Resolute technique, isn't this redundant?

"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
roachmanley a écrit :
Instead of cast on channel, is cast on crit a viable option with the new cyclone mechanic ( its not all or nothing anymore crit wise ). With even 10% critical chance would that summon srs faster for more detonations? cyclone hits many times a second and vrs 3 or 4 targets you have to be putting out some decent critical numbers.

Cast on Crit can't support channeling skills, so cyclone would be out. Interesting idea though!

CoC works on Cyclone perfectly, I've played a VD-CoC-Cyclone Juggernaut. But using CoC means, that you actually have to hit (and crit), with CwC you can piroutte away from the mobs as long as your mana is sustained and still launch the raging spirits.
Dernière édition par willi_wuterich, le 16 déc. 2019 14:52:34
"
willi_wuterich a écrit :
I took this build as a league starter, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Tavukai dropped from 50 chaos yesterday to 5 today :)

My question: You take Conqueror for 100 % taunt on hit and Worthy Foe so that taunted enemies can't evade attacks. Still you take Resolute technique, isn't this redundant?

"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
roachmanley a écrit :
Instead of cast on channel, is cast on crit a viable option with the new cyclone mechanic ( its not all or nothing anymore crit wise ). With even 10% critical chance would that summon srs faster for more detonations? cyclone hits many times a second and vrs 3 or 4 targets you have to be putting out some decent critical numbers.

Cast on Crit can't support channeling skills, so cyclone would be out. Interesting idea though!

CoC works on Cyclone perfectly, I've played a VD-CoC-Cyclone Juggernaut.

Good question about resolute technique; I've gotten similar feedback from several people. I kept it in as a sort of cheap insurance policy against a string of unlucky misses on boss encounters. Conqueror, Worthy Foe, Curse on hit Flammability (if you use it), and EE all need a hit to proc, and many times the best bossing strat is to spin into melee, tag the boss, and spin out again, so unlucky misses can result in missed tags and general frustration. That being said if you really need the point somewhere else feel free to swap out of it; it's totally personal preference.

As to the CoC/Cyclone, I must have mis-read the text; it must be referring to the spell to be cast can't be channeled, not the activating skill. Depending on your crit chance I could see cast on crit being better than cast while channeling for mapping, but--and this is a big one, your SRS generation when not actually hitting and critting something would drop to 0. Compare this to cast while channeling, where you can spin out of melee range, dodge mechanics etc and still have a consistent SRS generation. You can also front-load damage by queuing up your full SRS count prior to any boss with RP, or by simply spinning outside aggro range prior to the pull, as well as continuing SRS generation during boss immune phases. I suspect cast while channeling will be significantly better for the more dangerous endgame boss encounters because of these factors.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 16 déc. 2019 16:10:20
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
Spoiler
Only 3 quotes may be embedded within each other

Good question about resolute technique; I've gotten similar feedback from several people. I kept it in as a sort of cheap insurance policy against a string of unlucky misses on boss encounters. Conqueror, Worthy Foe, Curse on hit Flammability (if you use it), and EE all need a hit to proc, and many times the best bossing strat is to spin into melee, tag the boss, and spin out again, so unlucky misses can result in missed tags and general frustration. That being said if you really need the point somewhere else feel free to swap out of it; it's totally personal preference.

Of course, you have to hit first in order to always hit. Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm fine without it. At the moment, I'm using Flammabiility (and Spirit Offering) with a CWDT setup. I haven't found a ring with a suitable "on hit", yet.

But there's a thing with EE: as long as your are keeping Combustion support (or any fire damage dealing support), EE works against you. It supports Cyclone as well, so you proc the fire resistance of the mobs by igniting. I swapped EE for Elemental Overload with the extra point I had from not taking RT.

"

As to the CoC/Cyclone, I must have mis-read the text; it must be referring to the spell to be cast can't be channeled, not the activating skill. Depending on your crit chance I could see cast on crit being better than cast while channeling for mapping, but--and this is a big one, your SRS generation when not actually hitting and critting something would drop to 0. Compare this to cast while channeling, where you can spin out of melee range, dodge mechanics etc and still have a consistent SRS generation. You can also front-load damage by queuing up your full SRS count prior to any boss with RP, or by simply spinning outside aggro range prior to the pull, as well as continuing SRS generation during boss immune phases. I suspect cast while channeling will be significantly better for the more dangerous endgame boss encounters because of these factors.

If it supported a channeling skill both ways, everyone would be running around with Cyclone + Winter Orb (yes, I tried it before reading the description of CwC :)

I'm with you CwC being superior to CoC in your build. The Juggernaut I mentioned is a full crit build, so there are a lot of crit nodes taken.
Dernière édition par willi_wuterich, le 17 déc. 2019 16:58:30
I finally hit maps tonight; will post a more lengthy progress update in the guide tomorrow but for now anyone interested can see my current tree as well as gear. For reference I have swapped over to SRS and have a grand total of 29C invested in my gear so far! I will post a video too so everyone can get a sense how it plays on super-starter gear.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires