[Major Damage/Mapping Improvements-Update 7.1.22 PoB/Vid] The Fortified Summoner: HoP MI Champion

"
vvizard a écrit :
This build looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out. I was just wondering how this build does in a T16 blighted map. Is the aoe clear good enough for that?
Honestly, I'm not sure. I completely ignored blight maps last two leagues and sold them for extra c. In my opinion the aoe is quite good, especially if you are hitting a rare, but not as good as a build using an explody chest. So, middle of the pack? I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried high level blight maps with this build!
Leveling Update: I went ahead and made the swap to the MI build way earlier this time to see how it would go. Long story short: around lvl 65 you have enough points to get Minion Instability, Elemental Equilibrium, and Necromantic Aegis, the 3 cornerstones of this build, and I'm having no issues moving through the final acts. Here is my gear at lvl 67 for reference:

I bought the chest, claw, gloves, and helmet for about 8c all told; the rest I picked up from leveling
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 20 janv. 2021 02:54:03
I wanted to get this going as soon as possible and upgrade as I went along in maps. Testing in act 10 The Desecrated Chambers small stuff seems to die okay but the boss takes ages to kill. I plan on getting the fire damage jewel for Holy relic next and getting the warcry node next.

Did I mess up my tree or gems?

https://pastebin.com/3HqFkqBk
"
Keynomaru2 a écrit :
I wanted to get this going as soon as possible and upgrade as I went along in maps. Testing in act 10 The Desecrated Chambers small stuff seems to die okay but the boss takes ages to kill. I plan on getting the fire damage jewel for Holy relic next and getting the warcry node next.

Did I mess up my tree or gems?

https://pastebin.com/3HqFkqBk

I took a look and there's nothing obviously wrong about your tree/gear, rather there are a lot of little things that when added up really cut in to damage. I'll give the top 3 things I saw:

1. No Minion Life/Minion Damage helmet for HoP. There is currently one for sale for 4c, and using that, along with Combustion+Predator support, more than doubles your HoP damage (which is about 80% of our boss damage when everything is maxxed out). This should be your next upgrade.

2. Low level Zombie/HoP gems. Getting lvl 20 versions of zomies will increase zombie damage by 64%, and your HoP damage by 40%. lvl 21 gems are even better but that's probably further away for upgrades

3. Jewel Sockets: with 6 talent points you can easily respec in to (you can get most of them from your obsolete sword damage nodes) you can get 4 jewel sockets. Socketing them with "Minions deal xx% increased Damage if you've used a Minion Skill Recently" jewels (1-3c each) will give you 40% more Zombie and HoP damage.

There's more but those are the most obvious things I saw, and should give you the damage you need to get into mapping comfortably. I hope this helps!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 20 janv. 2021 18:21:52
Thank you for the reply. I have played a lot today and matched your combustion link and things started to go smoother.

The league mechanic is pretty nice in the wide variety of choices you get. I assumed elder helms would be more pricey so I got geofi's for an alc, Ritual gave me an ok talisman to use, I don't think the chest was worth 30c but better then no armor value I assume. I just noticed I still have razor's edge nodes need some more regrets lol.
Dernière édition par Keynomaru2, le 20 janv. 2021 19:14:09
"
Keynomaru2 a écrit :
Thank you for the reply. I have played a lot today and matched your combustion link and things started to go smoother.

The league mechanic is pretty nice in the wide variety of choices you get. I assumed elder helms would be more pricey so I got geofi's for an alc, Ritual gave me an ok talisman to use, I don't think the chest was worth 30c but better then no armor value I assume. I just noticed I still have razor's edge nodes need some more regrets lol.
No problem! Yeah the Geofri's is ok, but a minion life+damage helmet will blow it away. Considering how heavily we rely on HoP damage when bossing, this will be a major improvement (don't forget to use Predator mark on boss :D )
Dose Fearsome Force help with MI? Also after getting Awakened Cast While Channelling I noticed I am hitting the zombie cap of 6, is 5 points too much to spec into lord of the dead?
Dernière édition par Keynomaru2, le 21 janv. 2021 11:54:08
"
Keynomaru2 a écrit :
Dose Fearsome Force help with MI? Also after getting Awakened Cast While Channelling I noticed I am hitting the zombie cap of 6, is 5 points too much to spec into lord of the dead?
With lvl 4 awakened cwc, I am hovering right at the 5/6 zombie count when channeling in my hideout, so no issues there. I suspect what might be happening for you, is you are getting some HoP detonations during combat that are healing your zombies enough to delay their death, putting you over the zombie cap.

You could raise your zombie cap, but I think the better solution is to get Anomalous Infernal Legion gems. The extra 10% damage taken brings my zombie count down to 4 when channeling, and should be good enough to not cap in combat.

Edit: also I've been wondering if the aoe part of fearsome force works on MI detonations for a while. It seems like it should, but I have not tested it. Let me know if you decide to investigate!
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 21 janv. 2021 20:17:35
"
Peterrabbit_01 a écrit :
"
Keynomaru2 a écrit :
With lvl 4 awakened cwc, I am hovering right at the 5/6 zombie count when channeling in my hideout, so no issues there. I suspect what might be happening for you, is you are getting some HoP detonations during combat that are healing your zombies enough to delay their death, putting you over the zombie cap.

You could raise your zombie cap, but I think the better solution is to get Anomalous Infernal Legion gems. The extra 10% damage taken brings my zombie count down to 4 when channeling, and should be good enough to not cap in combat.

Edit: also I've been wondering if the aoe part of fearsome force works on MI detonations for a while. It seems like it should, but I have not tested it. Let me know if you decide to investigate!

I have been meaning to buy anomalous but they are 45c or more at this time. Its pretty niche and not very popular I don't think so maybe the price will tank by next week?
"
Keynomaru2 a écrit :
I have been meaning to buy anomalous but they are 45c or more at this time. Its pretty niche and not very popular I don't think so maybe the price will tank by next week?
Yeah, supply and demand; it all depends on how common they get vs how much demand there is. it could go either way! For us though it really is the obvious choice vs sinking 5 points in to the tree for sub-optimal return.
Dernière édition par Peterrabbit_01, le 21 janv. 2021 21:17:20

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires