3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

"
twibble a écrit :
Thanks for the guide! ^^

Could you help explain how EE works with OOS? I would just think that the hits of Armageddon give them fire resist? or is that not how it works? I've never used EE and when I looked it up people said it only procs with "Hits" so I assume ignite wouldn't proc the resist, but the initial hit and the continuous hits after of Brand would proc it I assume? No?

Also how do you feel about this maybe being a 3.9 League starter? does it have enough bossing capability to do the league? Do you think it can do Metamorph bosses? and how does it preform on end game bosses? (But I mostly just care about the Metamorph bosses)

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

About EE - On paper you use OOS to trigger vulnerablity to other elements and since it hits very fast it will override the brand hits, providing an almost constant -50% fire res. HOWEVER I'm not exactly sure about underlying mechanics in PoE (a.g. how often them calculations update or affect an ongoing debuff like ignite) + I run Anger so it adds some fire damage to OOS, which means the target will only be vulnerable to cold damage (unless you swap out for malevolence). Besides we run enough fire penetration as it is and it's subjected to quite severe diminishing returns. Also resistance penetration doesn't even work with DoTs, so we'll be only buffing our AB hits, which do damage and scale our ignites, but nowhere near enough to warrant so much wonkery. I'd recommend skipping EE, unless you absolutely need to push ST damage.

I think it's a fine league starter, since it requires nearly zero investment (and it's unlikely to change this league, with all that Bows hype) + it performs quite well all the way up to the highest tiers (things might get tricky in t16 with 10+ mods though). As far as new league mechanics are concerned - it all depends on the bloat. If new bosses will have hp pools similar to high tier blights bosses - then it's probably not the best build for the job, but then again you don't have any kind of timer ticking this time around, so you can kick back and watch things melt at a steady pace.

Dernière édition par awesoweh, le 13 déc. 2019 02:19:10
Since Armageddon constantly sets enemies on fire, from my understanding, high "Ignited Enemies Burn x% slower" on Emberwakes will just lower the DPS?
In POB, after I edited one Emberwake from 65% to 50%, ignite DPS increased from 13k to 14k.
"
bossfang7878 a écrit :
Since Armageddon constantly sets enemies on fire, from my understanding, high "Ignited Enemies Burn x% slower" on Emberwakes will just lower the DPS?
In POB, after I edited one Emberwake from 65% to 50%, ignite DPS increased from 13k to 14k.

Yeah duration affects the uptime, not the damage (a.g. your ignite does 50k over 2 secs, with 50% inc duration it will still do 50k, but over 3 secs instead lowering the overall dps by a good bit). But Emberwakes allow us to stack ignites so we win out on damage in the end by quite a big margin.
"
awesoweh a écrit :
"
bossfang7878 a écrit :

Yeah, duration affects the uptime, not the damage (a.g. your ignites does 50k over 2 secs, with 50% inc duration it will still do 50k, but over 3 secs instead lowering the overall DPS by a good bit). But Emberwakes allow us to stack ignites so we win out on damage in the end by quite a big margin.

Yes, while I mean we should use 50% burn slower instead of 65% burn slower which you are using in your guide and POB.

I really like this build. I just got a pseudo 6l helmet today with 10c (people listing lower price did not reply to me LOL). Running map is super smooth.
Dernière édition par bossfang7878, le 21 déc. 2019 04:31:07
"
bossfang7878 a écrit :

Yes, while I mean we should use 50% burn slower instead of 65% burn slower which you are using in your guide and POB.

Anyhow, I really like this build. I just got a pseudo 6l helmet today with 10c (people listing lower price did not reply to me LOL). Running map is super smooth.

Aye forgot to change that, it's a 3.9 thing, it had fixed 65% inc duration prior.

Glad you are enjoying it though.
great build thank you for that been rocking it as a league starter all the way to lv88 and tier 14 maps

started to struggle a bit but that's probably my gear however it's severely mana starved i had to run with a flask at all times
"
ValorDaSage a écrit :
great build thank you for that been rocking it as a league starter all the way to lv88 and tier 14 maps

started to struggle a bit but that's probably my gear however it's severely mana starved i had to run with a flask at all times

Hybrid flasks are always a solid bet, helps with no regen maps and just mana fixing in general.

This league is a mess (including new atlas content), so I wouldn't sweat too much about underperforming in late game, it's basically Betrayal 2.0 (pre-nerfs) as far as difficulty spikes/readability/bugs are concerned. On a bright side this build sorta fits in a screening-capable category that seems to be the only viable option right now. So despite relatively low DPS at least you are delivering it at a steady pace, leaving you enough time to maneuver around all of the rippy barely visible bs flying your way :)
Dernière édition par awesoweh, le 22 déc. 2019 08:41:04
Is this build endgame viable? How does it stand up vs Uber Elder / the new guy.
If you have mana issues, def get one of these:

You clear fast enough to constantely have charges so you're never really running out of mana.

Currently level 65 with this:

79 mana cost per AB cast with 75% reserved mana and I'm running through Blood Ducts super easily.
Would anybody like some... POUNDCAKE?
"
Akorius a écrit :
Is this build endgame viable? How does it stand up vs Uber Elder / the new guy.

I think it should be fine, as mentioned above it doesn't require long setup and deeps keep rolling for a while without any additional upkeep, leaving you enough time to dance around the mechanics.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires