3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

I’m brand new to the game and this sounds like a great build to try first, however I’m having trouble with the build link as well. I tried your suggestion of copying plaintext but no luck.
"
Indriel_ a écrit :
I’m brand new to the game and this sounds like a great build to try first, however I’m having trouble with the build link as well. I tried your suggestion of copying plaintext but no luck.

Went over every link and redid them, should be fixed now. Have fun my dude.
Dernière édition par awesoweh, le 17 nov. 2019 00:20:56
"
rauliina a écrit :
What would the six link be like if i wanted to put the armageddon brand links for example in the searing touch

The 4 basic as mentioned in the build + Burning damage + either Controlled Destruction or Swift Affliction.

I think immolate could work too as a 6th link, but the numbers need to be tested, I'm still not 100% on how it works exactly and according to PoB it's a substantial dps loss (even if enemy is burning) compared to other two, so yeah.

"
Hellzwraith a écrit :
So I never tried a brand build before and Im trying to get the feel for the build. What Im doing is casting my 4brands i have at the moment, speed potion and then flame dash into packs and hit brand recall. If they all die move on, if not do it until they all die. Is that the basic idea, flame dash keeps arcane surge up and recall refrshes and gives mana, and its a very fast movement build? Im also trying to decide it I want to link phase run with a cast when damage taken or as a use per cool instead. So far so good - heading to the Big Spider Boss and not having many issues at lvl 56 so far...

You decide how you wanna run it my dude, but if you are playing HC this might not be the best habit to develop, in terms of keeping the distance that is. At higher tiers I just zoom around and cast 1 or 2 brands (from afar) which is enough to body an entire pack (as ignite spreads quite quickly), rarely get to use the recall actually. But if you are enjoying running headfirst into things than linking phase run to CWDT (with another defensive skill of your choice) is certainly a good bet, you can cast golems manually and they are not that important anyway.

Sorry for not answering earlier, wasn't around much for the past month or so, hope you got some good mileage out of this build :)
Dernière édition par awesoweh, le 17 nov. 2019 00:39:33
"
awesoweh a écrit :
"
Indriel_ a écrit :

Went over every link and redid them, should be fixed now. Have fun my dude.

Thank you! Worked first try. Game is finally about to finish updating, been waiting for 7 hours. Can't wait.
Whats the best way to use recall brand? When I activate it, it just activates the brands at my location right?

Should I be casting max brands then recalling them on cool down ?
"
0racle a écrit :
Whats the best way to use recall brand? When I activate it, it just activates the brands at my location right?

Should I be casting max brands then recalling them on cool down ?

Depends on your playstyle, but generally speaking - yes on both questions. As mentioned above getting used to recall might not be a good decision if you are playing on HC.

Sidenote: Brands hit all at once after the recall, so it's a neat little burst for pushing that single target damage.
So I've been looking for helms like yours but I can't find any that I'd consider cheap. I was looking into Immolate instead of Added Fire Damage, but I realised I don't actually know how Immolate works.

For the first Armageddon Brand "hit" immolate would not affect it, but my understanding is that subsequent hits would. I have no idea how this works with ignites though.
"
0racle a écrit :
So I've been looking for helms like yours but I can't find any that I'd consider cheap. I was looking into Immolate instead of Added Fire Damage, but I realised I don't actually know how Immolate works.

For the first Armageddon Brand "hit" immolate would not affect it, but my understanding is that subsequent hits would. I have no idea how this works with ignites though.

Burning damage support is the key, the possible pseudo-6th link is not as important since most of them are tradeoffs (conc effect, less duration etc.). Just checked on poe.trade out of curiosity, you can still get 80+ life, good res and open craft mods for about 5c. Prices usually inflate by the end of the league so yeah.

I'm a bit hazy on how immolate works as well, but according to PoB and your generic eye test it seems to perform worse that the alternatives.
This was a really helpful guide.

As someone mentioned its hard to find helpful builds, so sharing my PoB just in case it is useful. This is focused on initial hit not ignite.
https://pastebin.com/5FYaAitj

To save you opening PoB, if you want to know the dps is only 500k which is really low by shaper per second standards. Trying it in hardcore now, will let you know how it goes. Doesnt include Runebinder of course so maybes its 1M.
Thanks for the guide! ^^

Could you help explain how EE works with OOS? I would just think that the hits of Armageddon give them fire resist? or is that not how it works? I've never used EE and when I looked it up people said it only procs with "Hits" so I assume ignite wouldn't proc the resist, but the initial hit and the continuous hits after of Brand would proc it I assume? No?

Also how do you feel about this maybe being a 3.9 League starter? does it have enough bossing capability to do the league? Do you think it can do Metamorph bosses? and how does it preform on end game bosses? (But I mostly just care about the Metamorph bosses)

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires