[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

"
Diomhdhs_o_Argeios a écrit :
Not sure how you come up with 225 crit multi without Maligaro's. I have 150 without them. If indeed you have 225 then you can try rare gloves although Maligaro's also give you some crit chance.

There are a lot of things you can do. First of all get a 6L, switch to Impale, use both totems (vaal warchief and protector), level your gems (you even have a level 4 in there), get a better amulet and anoint it. When you've taken all the block nodes get a rare sword. Lots of room for improvement.

There is some crit multi on the tree (Fatal Blade) and +30% from my Scaeva.

And yeah I just switched out Ruthless for a low lvl Multistrike to see how that works. So far... I'm not sure yet. The dps went up on paper but it's a bit more clunky.

Is Impale support really that good? Which gem should I sacrifice for it?

I'd love to 6l my setup but I don't have the currency yet. Gonna fuse spam my belly soon.

The thing about bladestorm is, if you attack too fast it barely has any range in sand stance because you spam them too quickly. But if your attack speed is slow the DPS in the circle around you suffers a lot. Fast attack speed really boosts single target dps. How do you deal with that?

I'm happy with performance in Blood Stance but Sand STance just feels very weak to me. Sometimes I can kill a boos faster in blood stance, than a rare mob in sand stance.
Dernière édition par Tr0gledyte, le 1 mai 2021 19:53:00
Well you won't use the Scaeva forever. And if you use Maligaro's you can skip the Fatal Blade cluster until you level. Anyway, try it out and see.

Impale will give much better boss damage. See the gem section.

You don't need a belly. Buy a cheap 6L with life. Don't waste your money on the belly.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you actually wait for the sandstorms to move? You leap on a pack attack them, leap away before they die and the storms that remain kill them. You need to practice that for optimal clear speed. Fast attack speed is essential for everything.
So I've been playing something resembling this build this league and i discovered some things that might be worth sharing.

I've only had the opportunity to do T11 maps so far, and im just starting to hit a few problems with ultimatums in that Tier of maps. <T10 maps i pretty much could just stand on the altar and spin, popping my flasks until it was over without a problem.

Up to this point, i was thinking i was a little too tanky. Also, I hate bothering to change stances so im always in blood stance... so the last three skill points ive put into the versitile stance nodes...kinda surprised this was left out of his build tree since its directly off our path.

I've put off pushing my life total cause i just didnt need it...im at about 3800 right now, and maybe that was a mistake, but i still have a good bit of atlas to clear before i need to worry much about that.

I discovered something interesting as well.. if ever you need to do a physical reflect map, get yourself 2 fate of the vaal weapons. (they convert it all into elemental damage as well as shock, ignite, and freeze). i had a corrupted map i really wanted to do, and they sell for like 4 chaos each. the dps is a bit lower than normal and you lose your swords + block but they will work in an emergency.
I have been having a lot of fun with this build.
this is the first league in a while that I'm playing, so I was very happy to get my first Sirius kill.

as the others have said, the damage is a bit lower then with some other builds(played slam berserker before and that's faster ofc.. I switched builds because I started dying a lot - I suck and dont know boss mechanics).
this has been smooth sailing since lvl1.
I'm still missing a good wepon, curently wielding the saviour + scaeva.
I dont really understand swords and how I should approach crafting/buying one to go with the saviour so I've been putting that off for a now. But I would think that's the next logical way to go regarding dps. it could also be that I need the 8% block from scaeva in order to be capped - I'm at 68% in hideout so painforged gets me to 76 and then I get the last 3 from violent retaliation - is that OK or should I do something more about it?

also, I'm still not using the banner as I don't have the means to use 4 auras yet.

I've only died a few times to telegraphed 1HKO attacks when I wanted to see if I can face tank it, and to tier16 map boss that had 4 spirits in him.. he kept 1 shoting me so I just bailed. Sitting at 5.9k HP and capped res with 46% chaos res as well.

"
Diomhdhs_o_Argeios a écrit :
Well you won't use the Scaeva forever. And if you use Maligaro's you can skip the Fatal Blade cluster until you level. Anyway, try it out and see.

Impale will give much better boss damage. See the gem section.

You don't need a belly. Buy a cheap 6L with life. Don't waste your money on the belly.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you actually wait for the sandstorms to move? You leap on a pack attack them, leap away before they die and the storms that remain kill them. You need to practice that for optimal clear speed. Fast attack speed is essential for everything.

But this is the problem, 3 sand storms is not enough to kill a pack most of the time, def not if there's a rare mob in it and even blue mobs can resist 3 storms sometimes. I'm talking lvl 70 mobs tops. And with a fast attack speed, the sand storms will be basically on top of each other and you won't have enough AoE to take out the pack, half of them will be missed.

The only solution I have so far is to spend more time taking out a pack. I can't just attack 3 times and leap away, I'll miss half the mobs on the map.

I'm 6l a belly because it's literally useful on every character I will play this league, but yeah I will get a high life armor chest later.

Survivability is not the problem lol. I need more DPS.
Dernière édition par Tr0gledyte, le 2 mai 2021 08:45:31
Here's a screenshot of 3 sandstorms. No way that will clear a pack.

Without multistrike you can do this, but then a lot of mobs will easily survive it because they'll get hit by only 1 storm:

I can't think of any other way to use the sand storms..

Also, if you use Bladestorm again immediately after Leaping, the previous ones will disappear, thus even more mobs will survive.

Basically I'm lacking damage. The enchant for 1 extra bladestorm would help a lot but it's out of my reach atm.
Dernière édition par Tr0gledyte, le 2 mai 2021 10:08:54
What if we swap Brutality Support for Added Fire Damage support, as well as an amulet that grants 15% of phys damage as extra elemental damage, and Atziri's promise?

Wouldn't that give a LOT more total DPS than the +55% more from brutality, especially if we get some Increased elemental damage with attacks on our gear (not too much, but the first +100% should give large boosts to our total dps).

I genuinely never understood the purpose of Brutality.. including elemental damage gives so many more options for scaling.

Added Fire Damage support is 44% more damage by itself, pretty close to Brutality, and with the right gear we can turn that into 100% more, giving us just as much fire damage as we have phys damage.

Atziri's promise then gives us another +17.5% more TOTAL damage cause it wrks with both phys and ele dmg.

The best part is, phys damage remains the base of all of this so any phys damage that is added increases everything. Activating Lion's roar would give 20+% more phys dmg, fire dmg and chaos dmg.

Maybe there's a good explanation for not doing this, if so then I'd love to hear it. When looking at the numbers I can't find a reason not to include ele dmg. All you need is a measily 100% increased fire/elemental damage from gear (or even the tree) to turn the Added Fire Damage Support gem into something that basically doubles your damage. With conversion you can probably get even more dps while the essence and playstyle of the build remains the same.
Dernière édition par Tr0gledyte, le 2 mai 2021 10:57:37
One thing I've found that helps with bossing is to use frost bomb. It counters Maven's healing very effectively. I got in the habit of using it last league for much the same purpose.

If you cba to self cast it you could even swap it with enfeeble in the CWDT setup for bossing, though I normally just self cast it when Maven casts her heal.
@azith28
Versatile stance is good but to get it you need to remove something else so it's a matter of what nodes are better than the others. You DEFINITELY need life. Block is not 100% protection. Some hits get through and you need a lot of life to mitigate them. No need to change weapons to do reflect. See the FAQ.

@Sandrek
If you don't understand swords get a a Paradoxica with crit, phys, etc. Great combo and easy to get. Craft block on your armour. Dread banner is very important (if you're Impale, I can't see) so make sure you use that. Around 70% in h/o is good. Don't need more.

@Tr0gledyte
You don't seem to understand. ATTACK ALL THE TIME. Keep the attack button pressed until shit dies. BS is just like any other skill. Isn't it obvious in the videos? What the hell are you doing counting the storms? KEEP ATTACKING. Don't wait for them to move. Where did you get that from?
If you want to turn this into elemental go ahead but you're on your own.

@Divinehammer
Yeah I suppose that's a way to counter regen. Enfeeble is generally more useful though. But you can keep it as self cast.
Dernière édition par Diomhdhs_o_Argeios, le 3 mai 2021 08:32:09
@Aias_o_Telamonios !

Quick question !

Will it not be more efficient switching Culling Strike Support from Riposte setup and Impale Support from Bladestorm setup?

level 91 79% block clears t13-t14 with ease
zerks the bosses slowly but surely xD

EDIT : "if the gems are quality 20"*

Dernière édition par Totalchaosdk, le 3 mai 2021 18:48:08

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires